Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes Short Doc World Premieres in Los Angeles!

Founder
AUGUST 24, 2009- LOS ANGELES, CA- Celebrities and activists show their support for the decriminalization of Hemp by attending the World Premiere of the short documentary, Jack Herer’s “The Emperor Wears No Clothes”. The short presentation of the celebrity footage demystifying Hemp’s many uses, will World Premiere at 4:20 pm on August 25, 2009 at the Laemmle Sunset 5 Theatres for the media and celebrity friends of the filmmakers by invitation only.

A brief Q & A with Co-Directors Jack Herer & Melissa Balin will follow the film, as well as a live musical performance by surprise guests & DJ Dre Ghost, Hip Hop For Hemp, who’s original music is featured in the film; with a private afterparty to follow.

The short doc will also kick off its brief qualifying theatrical run on the same day, showing to the public at the Laemmle TownCenter Theatres at 17200 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA - (818) 981-9811 from August 25-31 as part of the campaign to help raise awareness and voter support for the feature length documentary of the same title, scheduled for release in 2010. Tickets for the short film are $7. Principal photography for the controversial feature length documentary began on Sunday, June 28, 2009, just days before Exec Producer, Eddy Lepp, surrendered himself to Lompoc Prison (July 6, 2009), to serve a 10-year sentence, that the presiding judge herself called “excessive”, for his growth of medical marijuana under the governances of California State Law; and will continue throughout the fall around the world, including exclusive international celebrity footage from The High Times’ 2009 Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam.

The short film features celebrities and activists reading excerpts from the eye-opening book off a teleprompter, archival footage, periodicals, US Government propaganda encouraging American farmers to grow Hemp, and compelling never-before-seen footage. The doc is being produced by The Brookturn Co., co-directed by author Jack Herer and filmmaker Melissa Balin, shot by cinematographer, Eric Adkins (Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow), edited by Brandon Balin, featuring original music by DJ Dre Ghost of Hip Hop For Hemp, and is supported by Co-Producers Brandon Balin, Bret Bogue, John Deiker, Rob “420” Griffin, Chuck Jacobs, and Craig Lemire.

Source 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking

Re: Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes Short Doc World Premieres in Los Angele

Here are just a few candid shots from the filming.

Money Mark from the Beastie Boys

emperor_wears_no_clothes_610.jpg

emperor_wears_no_clothes_611.jpg

emperor_wears_no_clothes_612.jpg

emperor_wears_no_clothes_613.jpg

emperor_wears_no_clothes_614.jpg

Chuck Jacobs - Jack's Assistant

emperor_wears_no_clothes_620.jpg

Jack Herer & Rob Griffin from 420 Magazine

Rob-Griffin-Jack-Herer.JPG

ALL PHOTOS BY BECKY SAPP & ROB GRIFFIN

See All Photos from the Shoot Courtesy of ImageWire

Re: Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes Short Doc World Premieres in Los Angele

420 Magazine Presents Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" Documentary After Party at 99 High Art Collective Tonight in Venice Beach at 8pm!

99 High Art Collective
1108 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291
Ph: (310) 450-8699

Come meet Jack Herer, Rob Griffin from 420 Magazine, Money Mark from Beastie Boys and many more 420 supporters!

Come say HIGH to Jack Herer & filmmakers in person at the 6pm showing of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes at the Laemmle Theater in Encino Today, August 27, 2009!

Tickets are $7.

Please support this important Hemp documentary!

WireImage.com ? The Largest Entertainment Photo & Video Archive

when is it coming to Canada?

Yeah, tell us Canadians when we'll get to bask in the glory.

hey guys just athought I was researching aerophonic grow systems and ended up at a cannibis culturemagazine site. There they had printed the whole the emperor wears no clothes for everyone to download just a thought wouldnt it be nice

Afternoon to all

I did read the book on here, and I'd like to thank whoever did make it available on here. But I'd still like to have a copy of the book. They wouldn't be thinking of publishing a couple hundred thousand copies , I just don'understand why they don't , I guess they do have a reason, but I can wish.

Any hoot

Be well

Fringe50

Back
Top Bottom