Update: Supporters of Jack Herer Say They're Focusing on the Positive

Founder
Marijuana icon Jack Herer's supporters say the legendary author continues to receive constant care at a hospital in Portland, Oregon, following a heart attack over the weekend.

The author of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", regarded as the premiere book of the entire cannabis culture, was in Portland over the weekend for Hempstalk, one of the Northwest's largest hemp and marijuana festivals.

Jack hasn't shown signs of consciousness yet, but he is under close medical supervision. "The longer that he stays alive, the better chance he has," his friend Chuck Jacobs told Salem-News.com tonight.

"We're just trying to focus on the positive," Jack's friend Eve Lentz added. "People have sent their prayers and positive vibes from everywhere. Every body loves Jack." She talked about the outpouring of support that his illness is bringing.

The support was hard to miss at Hempstalk, which people Sunday said was being referenced as "Jackstalk". It is also clear by our initial story on Jack's heart attack. The comment section is full of words of encouragement.

Grandma Kay Lee wrote: "I read Jack's book, 'Emperor wears no clothes' in college at age 50. It changed my life from a do-nothing mom to an active grandma, traveling the country to educate people about the need to return cannabis to the people. I had heart surgery 2 years ago, so am sending wishes to Jack for the best doctors available and a full recovery. He's been important in many lives to so many people he doesn't even know."

Jack Eich stated simply: "My prayers go out to this relentless hero exposing the lies and half truths of the drug moguls. they kill thousands of people with their dangerous drugs. legalize cannabis."

The message from Jack's closest friends at "The Farm" in California was: "Our prayers go out to Uncle Jack, Jeanie and Chuck.. If you need any thing call HOME! We LOVE you!!!!and are praying for a speedy recovery. Eddy, Linda, the family, the farm and Ministry"

Another name that is huge in the movement, longtime hemp activist, William Conde, wrote: "Jack Herer a dear friend for many years, a true patriot, an American Hero, a man that I truly love and respect with all my being, lays wounded. I pray for his return to health as there is much left to do and we are not allowed many like him in our lives. Dear God please send your comforter and heal this great man. Show your power and make him well. Jeannie stay strong girl we love you too."

Chuck Jacobs explained that a chemical had been used to chill Jack's body temperature, and he has been in an induced semi-coma. Now that process is changing and Jack's temperature is again being raised, allowing for his heart to do its job.

Eve says Jack made a pledge a long time ago that he was going to keep going, "until he turns 85, or sees cannabis become legal, whichever comes first."

Since cannabis is only partly legal, and Jack is far from 85, it looks like his chances may be pretty good.

Jack Herer, the "Emperor of Hemp", was close to kicking off a speaking tour in Europe with Dr. Lumir Hanus with Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and Rick Simpson, creator of Phoenix Tears Healing Hemp Oil that Jack firmly believes in as a cure for multiple medical problems, including cancer.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Tim King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Supporters of Jack Herer Say They're Focusing on the Positive - Salem-News.Com

herer_doc_350.jpg

Dr. Phil Leveque and Jack Herer at Hempstalk,
September 12, 2009
Salem-News.com Photo by Tim King​

YouTube - Jack Herer

Update via Mark Herer, Jack's son, Sun, Sept. 20, Noon: Jack Herer has been out of the medically-induced coma to save his brain since Saturday. His eyes have opened momentarily several times. He is yawning incessantly. The drugs Jack was given to induce the coma have a half life of 72 hours, so he is still coming off those. His heart and body appear strong. Tomorrow they have scheduled EEG tests to measure brain activity. Keep the prayers and/or positive energy and thoughts focused on Jack's recovery.

Jack Herer is still in critical but stable condition. Thank you for all your good wishes. Please send any messages to Jack's wife at jeannieherer@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom