The Hemperor, Jack Herer has Died

Founder
(SALEM, Ore.) - The sad news has been confirmed. Jack Herer, author of Emperor Wears No Clothes and renowned around the world for hemp activism, has died at 11:17 a.m. today, in Eugene, Oregon.

Jack Herer suffered a heart attack last September just after speaking on stage at the Portland HempStalk festival. The last seven months have proven to be a huge challenge to the man, with several health issues making his recovery complicated.

Jack Herer's health has been poor lately, this last week there have been reports of the severity, and an outpouring of prayers on his behalf.

"It's shocking news, even after these last seven, trying months," said Paul Stanford, THCF Executive Director.

"Jack Herer has been a good friend and associate of mine for over 30 years. I was there when he had the heart attack at our Hempstalk festival and I know he wouldn’t appreciate the quality of life he's endured these last months. Still he will be greatly missed. I honor his memory."

"No other single person has done more to educate people all across the world about industrial hemp and marijuana as Jack Herer. His book is translated into a dozen different languages, it's a bestseller in Germany," added Stanford.

"The Hempstalk stage will forever be the Jack Herer Memorial stage. And, a Memorial is planned to be built where he fell that day," Stanford said.

"His legacy will continue to inspire and encourage for generations to come."

YouTube - Jack Herer and Hempstalk.mpg

Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Bonnie King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com

rest in peace-my fellow freedom fighter,scholar,prophet,brother,humanitarian,TRUTH SPEAKER. i will not be sad because - he is in a better place. im sure that many dont realize the impact that this man had. maybe years later people will see.

:peace: :rip: :peace:
Jack Herer
Your research has spurred the cannabis community to greater action,
and without you, our efforts could not have been as strong as they are now.
Forever rest in peace.
We here at 420 magazine will miss you.​

I haven't been into the activism side of this for very long but when I found my way here Jack Herer was probably the first person to make an impact on me,
an impact brought on by his passion for our freedom, I will never forget you Jack, thank you could never say enough for what you have done for this fight for freedom, you will truly be missed and always be loved.:(

I have tears in my eyes. RIP Jack and enjoy all the green the universe has to offer now without persecution. Thank you for all of your tireless work for the cause...now it's up to the REST of us to keep the torch growing. I must see legalization during my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom