The Hemperor Jack Herer Shows Slight Progress in Oregon Hospital

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Herer is the guy up front. The one you can hear from the back of the crowd. He's been the biggest voice in the advocacy movement for hemp and marijuana since the 70's. The book he wrote, The Emperor Wears No Clothes, has become the bible of the legalization revolution.

The "impassioned speech", as it has become known, that he gave at HempStalk in Portland has already risen to the top of speeches by Jack Herer, and some have said it was his most important. Some have said it will have been his last.

Well then, they don't know Jack. He's not the kind of guy to give up easily.

Two full weeks since he was struck down with a heart attack after leaving that very stage at Hempstalk, Jack Herer continues to fight.

With family and friends continually standing post at his bedside in Portland's Emanuel Hospital, any change for the better is celebrated. And lately, he's made some, slight improvements, and they take that as a message from Jack, that he's taking his time, but he's trying, he's fighting.

Paul Stanford, Executive Director of the THCF reported this yesterday, "I just left Jack Herer’s bedside at Portland’s Emanuel Hospital. While I was there, our mutual friend, Tim Pate, played his guitar and sang to him. Tim has been playing for Jack daily for the past week."

"On Tuesday, as Tim played, Jack’s eyes opened for the first time and there has been some progress since then. As I spoke to Jack, his eyes shifted and looked into mine. As Tim plays, Jack’s gaze shifts from watching the guitar strings and watching Tim singing gently."

This last week, Jack has moved his fingers, turned his head from side to side, stretched, yawned, and opened his eyes as Stanford noted.

"Given the circumstances, Jack’s recovery to this point is astounding. Last week, he was in a deep coma with little brain activity. I urge you to continue to pray and send positive energy and thoughts to Jack," added Paul Stanford.

Like others in this type of medical limbo, this is a game of "hurry up and wait" for family and friends. There is no prediction, no promise, no guarantee, but Jack Herer is showing signs he may be getting stronger.

"EEG testing has shown some progress this week," Stanford said, "but I am told there is permanent damage to his heart and brain. Jack is breathing with a respirator and remains in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit."

As Jack restfully listens to the tunes of Tim Pate, to the voice of his wife Jeannie, to the whispers and well wishes of friends far and near, perhaps the prayers and songs, all expressions of love, will be the healing agents that reach and bring back the Emperor.

If there's one thing that's true, Jack will decide what Jack will do, Jack always does. There's always been a method to his madness, and this will be no exception.

Jack's final words to the crowd that day on stage were, "I'll see you next time." Of that we can be sure.

In Jack we trust.

Do you want to help somehow? Jack’s wife, Jeannie Herer, has set up a fund at US Bank, the Jack Herer Fund. Please make a donation in person or by mail at any US Bank to the Jack Herer Fund.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Bonnie King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: The Hemperor Jack Herer Shows Slight Progress in Oregon Hospital - Salem-News.Com

Jack Herer is still in ICU, still in a coma, "BUT" he's been opening his eyes from time to time, and since they've been playing the Grateful Dead 24/7, his feet have been tapping to the music, so while it doesn't give any real indication of anything specific, at least it shows that he's still in there somewhere...;)

Sending you all my love, respect and positive healing energy through the universe brother Jack!

Here's to wrapping my arms around a bush of that the big 'ol weed so shiny and pfat, oh the Pride of Cucamonga...Sending lots of Cannabis love your way Sir Jack....
Light this one up and let her burn baby burn.. pass it around:passitleft:
IMG_7983lo_hey_brah_like_smoke.JPG

great picture. can i come for a visit?

Speaking of Jack's family, I'd like to thank them for sharing this wonderful man with us for all these years and giving him the freedom to follow his dreams. We all owe them gratitude as well for their sacrifices.

My thoughts continue to be with all of you. :peace:

Just a few minutes ago a myspace bulletin went out by "Los Marijuanos" with the words "Rest in peace..."

As of about an hour ago, there was NOTHING NEW TO REPORT about Jack's condition that isn't already noted above!!!

Anyone hearing about the above post SHOULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!! From what I gathered, the person that made the post had read an article about Jack at a "ning" site and OBVIOUSLY misinterpreted what it said.

Gawd! I wish that people would learn to read before they start telling people things that aren't true and getting them all worked up! (*@&#&$$*@!!! (I wish I could have elucidated that last thought a LOT more clearly!)

I'm thinking that it's a publicity ploy to get the millions of people who actually CARE about Jack to hit the web site, and if that turns out to be the case, it is an absolutely deplorable thing to do!

We've already lost Eddie Lepp for 10 years, and now Marc Emery for up to 5 years, so we really could use some more POSITIVITY here, people!

REMEMBER THIS FACT: Jack is as hard-headed as I am, and knowing that fact tells me that he's going to be back among us, ornery and raring to go, and we'll be hearing something LEGITIMATE in the near future.

Addendum: Please also keep in mind that while "Weed Warrior #1" is out of commission, we need to step up our efforts on behalf of Eddie and Marc, martyrs of the war against humanity and common sense. If there is any way that we can all get together to help these pillars of freedom return to freedom even one minute sooner, we must continue to fight for their release.

There are a lot of people who understand the need for relegalization, and these men are but a tiny number of them, even though they are the most outspoken and driven of the bunch...we need to stick together, now more than ever, to get our boys home! After all...this is the longest war ever waged in human history! 70+ years and counting...and we must be the side that wins!

Back
Top Bottom