Update: Supporters of Jack Herer Say They're Focusing on the Positive

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Marijuana icon Jack Herer's supporters say the legendary author continues to receive constant care at a hospital in Portland, Oregon, following a heart attack over the weekend.

The author of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", regarded as the premiere book of the entire cannabis culture, was in Portland over the weekend for Hempstalk, one of the Northwest's largest hemp and marijuana festivals.

Jack hasn't shown signs of consciousness yet, but he is under close medical supervision. "The longer that he stays alive, the better chance he has," his friend Chuck Jacobs told Salem-News.com tonight.

"We're just trying to focus on the positive," Jack's friend Eve Lentz added. "People have sent their prayers and positive vibes from everywhere. Every body loves Jack." She talked about the outpouring of support that his illness is bringing.

The support was hard to miss at Hempstalk, which people Sunday said was being referenced as "Jackstalk". It is also clear by our initial story on Jack's heart attack. The comment section is full of words of encouragement.

Grandma Kay Lee wrote: "I read Jack's book, 'Emperor wears no clothes' in college at age 50. It changed my life from a do-nothing mom to an active grandma, traveling the country to educate people about the need to return cannabis to the people. I had heart surgery 2 years ago, so am sending wishes to Jack for the best doctors available and a full recovery. He's been important in many lives to so many people he doesn't even know."

Jack Eich stated simply: "My prayers go out to this relentless hero exposing the lies and half truths of the drug moguls. they kill thousands of people with their dangerous drugs. legalize cannabis."

The message from Jack's closest friends at "The Farm" in California was: "Our prayers go out to Uncle Jack, Jeanie and Chuck.. If you need any thing call HOME! We LOVE you!!!!and are praying for a speedy recovery. Eddy, Linda, the family, the farm and Ministry"

Another name that is huge in the movement, longtime hemp activist, William Conde, wrote: "Jack Herer a dear friend for many years, a true patriot, an American Hero, a man that I truly love and respect with all my being, lays wounded. I pray for his return to health as there is much left to do and we are not allowed many like him in our lives. Dear God please send your comforter and heal this great man. Show your power and make him well. Jeannie stay strong girl we love you too."

Chuck Jacobs explained that a chemical had been used to chill Jack's body temperature, and he has been in an induced semi-coma. Now that process is changing and Jack's temperature is again being raised, allowing for his heart to do its job.

Eve says Jack made a pledge a long time ago that he was going to keep going, "until he turns 85, or sees cannabis become legal, whichever comes first."

Since cannabis is only partly legal, and Jack is far from 85, it looks like his chances may be pretty good.

Jack Herer, the "Emperor of Hemp", was close to kicking off a speaking tour in Europe with Dr. Lumir Hanus with Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and Rick Simpson, creator of Phoenix Tears Healing Hemp Oil that Jack firmly believes in as a cure for multiple medical problems, including cancer.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Tim King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Supporters of Jack Herer Say They're Focusing on the Positive - Salem-News.Com

Jack Herer is in a very bad way, and they don't know if he will come out of the coma. I am praying for a miracle, but preparing for the worst. The longer he stays in the coma, the less chance he has of making it. Let's all pray very very hard for Jack and send positive healing energy his way!

This is not good news...not by a long shot. Let's all hope that this is just a "preliminary report" and that Jack pulls through fine, wakes up and gets back to fighting form in short order.

The doctors are telling Jack's family to make arrangements. This is the saddest day for me since I can remember. I love you with all my heart and soul Jack Herer, you are my mentor and the driving force behind this mission. Without you, none of this would have been possible. I will continue your life's work until we win, you have my word! Sending you all my love, respect and positive healing energy through the universe.

Keep your hope. My neighbor was going through this last month. Was 3 weeks in a comma and after another 2 weeks in rehab pulled out. Has some memory last but she's already regained most of it. So keep the hope alive. Jacks a tough bird and he can pull through.

Well, between you an me (and the other few billion people on the net ;)) I'm as hard-headed as Jack, and I refuse to believe that he's not got a ton of fight left in him until proven otherwise.

I'm amazed that we haven't heard anything on the mainstream news about this yet from people like Joe Rogan, Willie Nelson, etc. Hopefully, it's because they don't yet know of the situation...being hidden from view by EVERY "alleged" news outlet out there.

Jack Herer Continues to Fight for His Life -- Donation Fund Formed

herer420.jpg

Author and activist Jack Herer suffered a heart attack Saturday after stepping down from the stage at Hempfest, an event celebrating cannabis in Oregon. Jack has been very busy in recent years republishing his book, and he was also planning to leave soon on a European tour.

Herer is the author of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" and it is fair to say he is known and loved by millions who are part of, or associated with, the cannabis culture. He is quite possibly the single most important and well known figure in the entire movement.

Jack's heart attack followed his delivery of an impassioned speech to the thousands attending Hempstalk. The event is described by some friends of Jack's as a "mild heart attack", but Salem-News.com's Dr. Phillip Leveque, says no heart attacks are mild.

We want to be able to give accurate information and we have received many emails from people who care and want to know how Jack, his wife Jeannie, and his son Mark are doing, along with their long list of supporters.

Alabama Compassionate Care reported on Facebook that the latest UNCONFIRMED word is that Jack may have suffered damage to 70% of his brain.

Organizers of Hempstalk had asked the city of Portland to station an ambulance near the event but city officials refused, according to Oregon NORML Executive Director Madeline Martinez.

Dr. Leveque says Jack did go a long time without oxygen. It actually took between twenty and twenty five minutes for ambulance crews to reach Jack after he collapsed.

Salem-News.com called the Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland and were told as of 2:10 p.m. west coast time, by a spokesperson, that Jack Herer is still in critical condition. He is in the hospital's Cardiac ICU.

JACK HERER FUND: There is an immediate need for help with finances for Jack Herer. They ask for you to please spread the word. Donations may be deposited at any US BANK under the JACK HERER DONATION FUND.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Tim King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Jack Herer Continues to Fight for His Life -- Donation Fund Formed - Salem-News.Com

420...My heart goes out to Jack's family, his friends and you...A sad time indeed. I keep you all in my prayers brother....peace...MF

Just got word that close friends and family are at Jack Herer`s bedside, he is still in a coma, they are giving him Rick Simpson cure and his blood pressure is getting better!!!

Jack's wife Jeannie Herer is asking everyone to send positive energy to Jack at 4:20 every day!

He just might make it after all!!!

Jack Herer is truly the Greatest Cannabis Warrior our movement will ever know!

Jack Herer is truly the Greatest Cannabis Warrior our movement will ever know!
Absolutely

My thoughts are with him and his family and friends. One thing I've learned in life is that anything is possible, and he's a Warrior.

i want to send my love and support to jack and his family. He is truly a great human being, the greatest in my eyes thats for sure. Ill be sending YOu my positive vibes brother!! you can pull through this:rollit::ganjamon:

Latest News on Jack Herer! (Forgot to post here last night, sorry!)

As of Noon today, (Portland, OR time) Jack was still in ICU, and has begun taking what the world now known as "Rick Simpson Oil" or "hemp oil" or "cannabis oil" or "Phoenix Tears" to help treat his injuries from his recent heart attack at the Hempstalk Festival in Portland, Oregon.

He is still in serious but stable condition, but the rumours of brain death have been made without any substance behind them. We rightly assume that it will take time for Jack to fight back from this setback, but his family is with him and wishes you to keep Jack in your thoughts.

Please try to picture in your mind, Jack Herer taking his healing from the PhoenixTears directly, the oil coursing through his body and helping his body to perform at it's best possible level. We are all hopeful that this oil will, as it has before, help Jack to regain his health yet again.

For those who weren't aware, Jack suffered a heart attack and a stroke in 2000, and while typical medical prognoses are always "guarded at best" in such situations, Jack met Rick Simpson, started taking the oil, and the man who was not supposed to walk without a cane rose back to his feet once more. The man who, for a time after the stroke, could barely speak at all, was once again able to articulate his thoughts, to spread the truth of the medical benefits of cannabis/hemp BY DIRECT AND LITERAL EXAMPLE!

For the millions of people out there around the world who were shocked to hear of his current situation, and who understand what the name Jack Herer stands for both health and freedom, we wish him well, and hope for a speedy and complete recovery!

I have personally called and let Marc & Jodie Emery know that Jack is still with us, and that "The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated" fits in very well. Marc and Jodie are--this very minute--on stage in Vancouver, BC at a rally to try to stop Marc's extradition to the US for selling cannabis seeds in Canada, which the US DEA has deemed a crime in the USA, and wishes to incarcerate him for 5 years.

The only real crime is allowing this miraculous plant to continue to be prohibited to responsible adults, and if all goes well, Jack's return to health will be yet another feather in the cap of cannabis as medicine, and the final nail in the coffin for cannabis prohibition!

Jack's immediate family members are preparing a formal news release with a complete update on Jack's condition, treatment plans and anything else that they've had hundreds of requests for information about. I can't say how long it'll be before this press release is ready, but it is in the process, so PLEASE keep speculation to a bare minimum, pray for Jack if you're a spiritual person, and try to picture Jack returning to health and getting back on the stage extolling the virtures of the plant which has saved him once before, and that we are certain will do so again this time!

Additional news released within an hour or two of the above post:

1) Portland Media Group Releases False Report About Jack Herer's Death

2) Hemp Guru Jack Herer's Condition Critical But Stable

Sorry for the delay, folks...completely forgot to post the update! d=^o

Update via Mark Herer, Jack's son, Sun, Sept. 20, Noon: Jack Herer has been out of the medically-induced coma to save his brain since Saturday. His eyes have opened momentarily several times. He is yawning incessantly. The drugs Jack was given to induce the coma have a half life of 72 hours, so he is still coming off those. His heart and body appear strong. Tomorrow they have scheduled EEG tests to measure brain activity. Keep the prayers and/or positive energy and thoughts focused on Jack's recovery.

Update via Mark Herer, Jack's son, Sun, Sept. 20, Noon: Jack Herer has been out of the medically-induced coma to save his brain since Saturday. His eyes have opened momentarily several times. He is yawning incessantly. The drugs Jack was given to induce the coma have a half life of 72 hours, so he is still coming off those. His heart and body appear strong. Tomorrow they have scheduled EEG tests to measure brain activity. Keep the prayers and/or positive energy and thoughts focused on Jack's recovery.

Good news. This is what they did to my neighbor. The doctors say it takes about a week for everyday in a coma for recovery. So he's got ways to go but it sounds like he'll be fine.

The video on Rick Simpson's Cure can be found here:
RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Parts 1 to 7)

Doh! Thanks for catching that obviously glaring omission on my part! d=^o

The video can also be found available for download at:

https://phoenixtearsmovie.com (The official DVD distribution web site)

The AVI and/or DVD files are freely downloadable, and free to copy, provided that you charge no fee when you give it away. I've personally given away well over 100 copies!

I've also re-uploaded a spare copy at youtube.com/TheRealElectroPig a while back, as I think that the more copies available for the people, the better! Every new link is a new chance to educate those who have yet to learn the truth.

For those who have tried to hit PhoenixTears.ca over the last few days and discovered it down, it's NOT a conspiracy, folks! Fact is, now that the truth is getting out further and faster, they needed a new web server to keep up with the increase in activity coming in from around the globe! This is a good thing!

After a short conversation with Rick the other day, it is expected to be back up and running within the next few days, although since Rick's not building the server himself he can't say "exactly" when the new box will be in operation...but it's "nothing nefarious" and it WILL return as soon as possible.

Keep thinking positive thoughts about Jack's imminent return to health, pray for Eddy Lepp's release from prison, and for Marc Emery's not being extradited to the US for selling seeds...in Canada...common sense will prevail, as long as we have right and truth on our side, folks! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom