'Emperor of Hemp' Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstalk

Founder
Noted activist and author Jack Herer, "The Emperor of Hemp," is fighting for his life after giving an impassioned speech at the Portland (OR) HempStalk festival Saturday, Sept 12. Herer left the stage and collapsed with an apparently serious heart attack, according to fellow activist Chris Conrad, who was one the scene.

"He was taken from the site by ambulance and hospitalized and was undergoing a procedure and his condition was most recently reported to be stable," Conrad said. "His wife, Jeannie, was not with him at the time and has been in touch with the hospital by telephone." According to Conrad, the rest of the Hempstalk festival continued as scheduled.

"Ironically, I was on stage talking about my work with Jack and his special affection for Oregon and its activists while, unbeknownst to me, medical personnel were working backstage to save his life," Conrad said.

Salem-News.com reports that Jack was in critical condition when he was admitted to the hospital with his son at his side. Soon after that, they were told that he was the victim of a heart attack, a result of arterial blockage. Jack was was undergoing angioplasty surgery late Saturday.

Source: Reality Catcher: 'Emperor of Hemp' Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack At Hempstalk

Re: 'Emperor of Hemp' Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstal

herer_doc_350.jpg

Dr. Phil Leveque and Jack Herer at Hempstalk,
September 12, 2009
Salem-News.com Photo by Tim King​

YouTube - Jack Herer

Re: 'Emperor of Hemp' Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstal

terrible news, hope all goes well for him.:peace:

Jack is in a medically induced coma for the next 48 hours. His vitals are okay. Other than that, it is unknown how much damage he has suffered.

I love this man with all of my heart and soul, if it were not for Jack Herer, this website and mission would not even be here today!

Get well soon Jack, we all love love and wish you a speedy recovery!

Sending you all of my love, respect and positive healing energy through the universe.

Rob Griffin

He is not ready to go yet! After what he has been through,I know he is stronger than he may look. Blessings and reiki healing being sent to help.

Dang!
Wishing him and his family all the best in a speedy recovery!

Best wishes and positive thoughts to Jack and his family.

You have many friends here at 420 Magazine, and we're all pulling for you to recover quickly

Healing thoughts to Jack... We're all pulling for you, man!

Man, dunno what to say. Tragic, but he's more than a fighter. This dude has a warrior's spirit and that along with a strong desire to live is enough if its not ur time IMO. He knows he's not done here and if he is (God forbid then I respect him for honoring the pledge that he and his close friend Captain Ed took in 1974). These guys agreed/swore that "we'd swear to work every day to legalize marijuana and get all pot prisoners out of jail, until we were dead, marijuana was legal, or we could quit when we turned 84. We wouldn't have to quit, but we could" (The Emperor Wears no Clothes by Jack Herer p.v-Dedication). He has kept his word to my knowledge thus far. He can't quit now because he's not done. He's part of the life blood of this movement. A forefather if u will. My heart and prayers go out to Jack and the family. When U pull thru Jack, our paths will cross eventually. :peace: and blessings for U are TRULY an inspiration to me.

I just received news that Jack Herer's vitals are getting stronger and that the outlook is very positive! He is still not awake, but his wife Jeannie and the doctors say he is out of danger. Thank you all for your positive energy, prayers, love and thoughts!

Sending a great big Aloha to you Jack, you big teddy bear :0 )~~~ Best wishes and warmest kindest thoughts, and a wellness in recovery oh great cannabis warrior.

A Hui Hou

Back
Top Bottom