Jack Herer Has Heart Attack and Ends up in a Coma!

Founder
Contrary to previous reports, Jack Herer is still alive. The Oregonian is reporting the activist is in critical condition at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland Oregon. In light of these facts it is with pleasure the Portland Progressive Examiner retracts an earlier report of Herer's death.

Jack Herer, much beloved Emperor of Hemp and marijuana hero collapsed backstage on Saturday, September 12, at "Hempstalk 2009" in Portland, Oregon. Herer had just given a fiery speech to the crowd on the future of hemp when he suffered a heart attack and a significant loss of oxygen.

Jack Herer was born June 18, 1939. A former Goldwater Republican, Herer became a political activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a book which is now a classic polemic in the effort to decriminalize marijuana. Herer was perhaps the world's most famous activist for the decriminalization of marijuana and the utilization of hemp.

Herer argued for the decriminalization and utilization of marijuana because it has been shown to be a renewable source of fuel, food, and medicine, and can be grown in virtually any part of the world. Herer was one of the first to show that the U.S. government deliberately hides the proof of marijuana's efficacy and utility. Herer devoted his life in support of cannabis, hemp and marijuana.

Herer suffered a stroke and heart attack in 2000 at another Oregon event. Although he had since recovered, the 70-year-old activist spoke with a stutter and walked with a limp. Just minutes before his speech, Herer looked fit and said, "I'm getting better and better and better. I'm healthier than I've been..."

Herer is a true American hero who spoke truth to power. He stood up for freedom while many others failed to do so.

Get well soon. We love you Jack.

Free the weed!

PLEASE go to any US BANK branch & donate to the JACK HERER DONATION ACCOUNT.

Source: Examiner.com
Author: Michael Stone
Copyright: 2009 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com

Update via Mark Herer, Jack's son, Sun, Sept. 20, Noon: Jack Herer has been out of the medically-induced coma to save his brain since Saturday. His eyes have opened momentarily several times. He is yawning incessantly. The drugs Jack was given to induce the coma have a half life of 72 hours, so he is still coming off those. His heart and body appear strong. Tomorrow they have scheduled EEG tests to measure brain activity. Keep the prayers and/or positive energy and thoughts focused on Jack's recovery.

I agree! The fact is that there's every possibility that Jack comes out of this just fine. If not today or tomorrow, as long as he wakes up and the hemp oil does it's job, he should be fine, given enough time to rest and recuperate.

Even better, if the oil shows to help him get better at all, or return to health quickly, it will prove beyond a shadow of doubt that JACK HERER WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Always remember, people...it is up to US to inform the rest of the world! This story is NOT being picked up by ANY of the major or international news media, and people are quite woefully ignorant of the facts about cannabis.

Whenever I see someone making an ignorant comment about "potheads" or the like, I tend to EXPLAIN the facts, and provide LINKS to information so that they might educate themselves. Even if they don't, someone WILL click on those links, and they WILL learn the truth...and become one of us!

Back
Top Bottom