How To: Use the Blog to Post Grow Journals and Result Info

It has often been the desire for readers to quickly see the results of grow journals posted here at 420 magazine. However, that task has been made difficult by having to wade through the numerous pages. One way we are suggesting to assist the readers is to post a blog that links to your grows and key points within the journals like harvest day, final weight, smoke report, etc.
I went ahead and made a blog posting for my journals.

Click here to see my example blog post.

What I did first was locate my grow threads. Go to top and select "forums, search". In "search by username", put in your exact screen name, change the dropdown from "find posts by user" to "find threads started by user" and search. Go into each grow journal thread and find the key posts you want to link. On each post, there is a link in the upper-right corner called "permalink". Right click that to get a menu screen and select "Copy link location".

At this time, I like to open another window to 420magazine.com and point it to "User CP, Blogs" which is found on the title bars at top to make posting the links easier. In this new window, type what you want to show on the blog screen like "harvest", highlight the text, then click the link icon (the one that looks like planet earth with a chain link in front of it). In the popup window, paste the URL link you captured when you right clicked the permalink and click OK.
Repeat this for every significant point in your journal. You may also want to title the grows with a link to the beginning of the grow like I did. At least title the grows with some text.

I've been doing this (kinda) in my sig. I have been planning to do index posts in my journal every once in a while for my sig to link to, but if there is a better way...

Can a blog posting be edited, and if so, for how long? If I could somehow simulate a web page that could be edited by me indefinitely I would jump on this.

:peace:

I just checked and I can still edit my blog post by clicking on the little pencil icon at the lower right of the window. Now, I have all mine in one post since I had all that in the past. If I was doing it in the present, I could post new blog posts for each significant event. Not sure if that would look as clean as the first method, but is an alternative.

I've been doing this (kinda) in my sig. I have been planning to do index posts in my journal every once in a while for my sig to link to, but if there is a better way...

Can a blog posting be edited, and if so, for how long? If I could somehow simulate a web page that could be edited by me indefinitely I would jump on this.

:peace:

Yes - exactly

Blogs are permanently editable by members ;)

Back
Top Bottom