Photo Tutorial and Tips

Media Gallery Uploads From Mobile Device

Step 1: Tap the hamburger icon to bring up the main navigation menu.

full

Step 2: Scroll down to "Gallery" and tap the arrow to the right. When the menu drops down, select "Add Media".

full

Step 3: Choose the category you want to upload media to. For your first picture upload to 420, you must create a personal album.

Member Galleries – this requires a personal album before it will accept your media.

Off Topic – use for any non-420 themed images.

Create personal album – use this option to create a new personal album.

Add media to existing album – add to an album you have previously created.

full

Step 4: If you chose Member Galleries or Create personal album, this next screen is where you define your album. Type in a title and optional description. Tap the "Upload file" button to upload as many images as you desire. Press the "Save" button when you're done.

If you chose ‘Add media to existing album, choose the album you want to add to and then on the next screen tap the "Upload file" button to upload as many images as you desire. Press the "Save" button when you're done.

full

Adding Media Gallery Images Into A Post

Step 1: Open a thread you wish to add an image from the media gallery to and tap the "Gallery embed" icon:

full

Step 2: Tap on as many images you wish to embed in your post and tap "Continue" to embed them.

Media Gallery Uploads From Desktop

Step 1: Click "Add Media" from the navigation menu.

full

Step 2: Choose the category you want to upload media to. For your first picture upload to 420, you must create a personal album.

Member Galleries – this requires a personal album before it will accept your media.

Off Topic – use for any non-420 themed images.

Create personal album – use this option to create a new personal album.

Add media to existing album – add to an album you have previously created.

full

Step 3: If you chose Member Galleries or Create personal album, this next screen is where you define your albumt. Type in a title and optional description. Tap the "Upload file" button to upload as many images as you desire. Press the "Save" button when you're done.

If you chose ‘Add media to existing album, choose the album you want to add to and then on the next screen tap the "Upload file" button to upload as many images as you desire. Press the "Save" button when you're done.

full

Adding Media Gallery Images Into A Post

Step 1: Open a thread you wish to add an image from the media gallery to and press the "Gallery embed" icon:

full

Step 2: Select the image(s) you wish to include in your post and click "Continue" to embed them.

Frequently Asked Questions

How big can my images be?

Maximum Image Size: 1280 pixels X 1280 pixels
Maximum Media File Size: 20 MB

What can I upload?

jpg, jpeg, gif, jpe, png image formats are accepted.

What other media can I embed from the “Add Media” screen?

Media files that are accepted include: Apple Music, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Giphy, Imgur, Instagram, Liveleak, Metacafe, Pinterest, Reddit, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube. See our tutorial: How To Post/Embed Videos

What images are allowed?

Our photo gallery is only for Cannabis, Hemp and directly related images. We moderate all images uploaded to the forum. Non-420 photos may only be uploaded to our "Off-Topic" photo gallery. Please note that these photos must be appropriate and otherwise conform to our Forum Guidelines. Photos of people are discouraged for security reasons and photos of minors will be deleted without warning.

How can I edit my pictures to make them smaller?

You can use many programs for image resizing. Adobe Photoshop, Apple Photos, Gimp, InfanView and Microsoft Photo Editor to name a few. If you don’t have any of these programs, here are some links to free online photo resizing tools:

Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos online for free
Online Image Resizer - Resize digital photo, images or pictures online
Resize Images online
Resize Images Online at ResizePic

Where are my pictures?

By default, all pictures are stored in Member Galleries. Every image is tagged with the poster’s member name so they are easy for you to find in your own gallery. From the main menu, go to: “Your Media”.

Can I get rid of the file name on images I post because it looks busy?

Yes, you can. See this post, contributed by a member: Stripping Gallery Data From Your Post.

Can I delete or edit a picture once it is posted?

Short answer: no. Once an image is posted, it will stay on our server indefinitely. This is for the preservation of our forum and for your security. We will not sell or otherwise distribute your images outside of 420 Magazine. If you have inadvertently posted a picture that you feel may jeopardize your security, please contact a forum moderator.

You can edit the image’s tags, add a comment and share an image by navigating to the image in “Your Media”.

What should I do if someone posts an inappropriate image?

If you see an objectionable picture that has been posted, please use the post “Report” button to flag it for a moderator.

Back
Top Bottom