First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

G00ch

ok so this is my first grow journal. I have attempted unsuccessfully growing cannabis everything was going great till i got a new led and put it on top of her, and that as they say is murder.
but this time i am hopefully a little smarter. I am now using hydro, I purchased an ebb and flow 12 bucket system. I have 2 tents that are 44x44x44x7. I have 2 600watt ballasts and multiple hps and mh bulbs, i have a 250 watt led, and a 240 watt floro with hood.
I have just germinated 3 seeds, and put them in rockwool, unfortunately Cropkings does not give instruction as to how t germinate when using hydro so i am shooting from the hip here.
All three seeds were germinated using crop kings recommended method and my favorite, all three sprouted. But when i put them into the rockwool I have one standing tall, one about to poke out and one not showing yet. I am keeping the rockwool moist using 5.5ph filtered water.
I hope to have 1 tent for my grow phase, and one for my flower phase, each will have 6 buckets eventually(cloning).
With my ebb and flow i have modified a couple 30 gallon tubs to receive my hoses and pumps. I plan to have 1 tub for grow nutes, one for flower nutes and 1 for flushing.
I have a Bluelabs combo meter but i think the ph part is broken s i will buy a new pen and use the nutrient setting for my ppm. I have a jug of both ph up and ph down.
Let the fun begin
:thumb:

IMG_20150828_234936_749.jpg
IMG_20150828_234929_765.jpg

What i find glaringly different between hydroponics and dirt is the start of the seeds. In hydro they say germinate the seed in the rockwool that has been rinsed in a ph 5.5 water. When you plant it in dirt there are nutrients in the soil that the new seedling can feed on.
above is the pic of my hydro seedling, and i will add my MG dirt grow from a few months that i burnt
week-1.jpg
this was at week1

and we have a 3rd coming in, I germinated 3 known seeds and one that came from a sour diesel that hermed the 3rd is the unknown seed so i have marked it and we will see what happens, i am still keeping the 4th moist

almost 3 weeks from germination we are looking ok, just started week one nutes for GH flora series performance pack, I was running 1/3 for the past week, just did a water change and added full nutes ph of 5.5 and ppm of 390
IMG_20150904_172347_127.jpg

I am using General Hydroponics flora series performance pack and here is the nutrient chart for it, I am still using week 1 till i get more stalk growth
GH-flora-series-performance-pack-nutrient-chart.jpg

Tonight i started germinating another seed, this one is going to be started in STG(sure to grow) and then moved into STG for its final resting place. I have some updated pics from the ones currently growing
9-7-15-2.jpg
9-7-15-1.jpg

I purchased a exhale bag of co2 on friday, installed it friday night, correctly installed it saturday morning ;-).. its not easy gettin that plastic stick out, and of course i broke it, but not completely. I switched to the early growth nute last night at midnight, when i woke up this morning this is what i saw
9-13-15-am.jpg

I fimmed the bigger of the 2 I am going to let the shorter bushy one be the mother to my clones I believe. I really like the way she has come out, where the bigger one stretched at first the smaller one is doing awesome.
red-stems.jpg
24hours-post-fimming9-15-15.jpg

Nice, strong plants, there, Gooch!

If you add your grow journal to your signature, it will help us all find you again!

Just popped in to suggest that you add the link to your grow journal in your signature -- it's really useful when you're visiting other people's threads because it's an easy way for them to fine your thread.

1. Click the User CP button on the top left of your screen.
2. Click on the "Settings" button
3.In the third box on the left side you'll find Settings and "Edit Signature". Click it. This gives you the edit window.

Then you can either:
4. In the third row of icons, there's a globe with a few links of chain -- click this.
5.Paste this: First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

Or just paste the URL First Grow Journal - Crown Royal into the edit window. The editor will automatically format it as a link.

Glimmer thanks for that lets see if i managed to get it to work, weird it says i dont have permission to put html in my signature

i dont have permission to put html in my signature

HTML is disable for hacking purposes... to add an image or a link use [ img ]url[ /img ] or [ url ]url[ /url ] (no spaces) ... you can also combine the two for an image link. Your signature will appear on your next post and change every time you update it... old posts won't have a sig.

HTML is disable for hacking purposes... to add an image or a link use [ IMG ]url[ /IMG ] or [ url ]url[ /url ] (no spaces) ... you can also combine the two for an image link. Your signature will appear on your next post and change every time you update it... old posts won't have a sig.
Thanks man I think i got it figured out. It seems to work now.

Having a little trouble with me leaves on the potential mother they seem to be curling in, they were looking for pointy and sharp
Its the first picture in the previous post
I will add a closer shot and some root shots
curling_leaves_on_mother-9-18-15.jpg
9-18-roots1.jpg
9-18-roots2.jpg

Update! I think i have figured out what i was doing wrong potentially. The first problem is I changed to many things at once making it very difficult to determine which change caused a problem. changes made added extra watering cycles, added MH light, Turned on fans pulling air in, adjusted ph. I finally got my meter replaced its so great to have a local hydro shop I am very fortunate. So I adjusted my ph back into the 5.5-6.5 range I reverted back to cfl/floros turned all fans off, switched watering back to 4 times a day rather then 5 times a day and moved it from 15 minutes to 30 minute cycles. I also added some more nutes to the rez i started with 3/4 strength, added 2 tsp bring my ppm to 740, still 2 tsp from full strength
This is a closeup post fimming
9-18-15-closeup1.jpg

count the heads on the fimmed plant a day later
9-18-count-the-heads-1.jpg

more heads
9-18-count-the-heads-6.jpg

Here is the discoloring
9-20-15-discoloring-1.jpg

Close up of the mother in recovery
9-22-closeup-mother.jpg

Fimmed plant recovering nicely
9-22-road-to-recovery-1.jpg

Another shot of the mother in recovery from a distance
9-22-road-to-recovery.jpg

another 2 days has passed and we are still under control, I have now turned the mh back on, I have one small fan blowing out temp is currently 24c with 61 humidity I am using floranova@ 1tsp/gal I have 11 gallons and i am using 9 tsp @ 740ppm
here is the potential mother i am not topping or fimming her
9-24-mother.jpg

here is the one i fimmed
9-24-fimmed2.jpg

9-24-fimmed.jpg

I don't know enough to tell you what it might be. I've only been playing in the dirt with my ladies.

The good news is the new growth looks healthy, it's those bottom fan leaves that are looking like they might have an issue. Leaf chart looks like it might be sulfur, but what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom