Lexort's Kaneh Bosm CFL Garden

lexort420

Alright so this is my first grow journal. I figured i would start now that i have successfully rooted my first clones. I took the clones off a plant i revegged so i could save the strain. It is some sort of bagseed strain but i enjoyed the bud so much i knew i had to clone it. Initially when i had started growing that plant i hadnt setup a second chamber thus why i had to reveg it. Now i have two chambers and my goal is to try to get a perpetual micro type grow going. So now for the details of my setup. For veg i am using 153w and 10,300 lumens and in my flower box i will be running 208w and 12,800 lumens. The veg box isn't soley CFLs i been trying out some of those led light bulbs and i also have one fluro and sum CFLs. The flower box on the other hand is entirely CFLs for now lol. I am using a jiffy soil less seedling starter mix that i have added a generous amount of perlite to, i also lined the bottom of my pots with pure perlite for improved drainage. Because I grow micro i use anything from a Gatorade bottle to a two liter bottle. Works good for me so far so ya know. Im using GH flora series for nutes so thats the grow micro and bloom stuff. Im new to those nutes i had been using MG and it worked but was really a pain in the butt. Got a ph pen supposed to arrive today, i had been using a "drops and match color" kit prior and it worked very well but i never intended to stick with it for long. Ill get some pictures on here after bit. Peace.

WP_20150911_07_53_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150911_07_53_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20150911_07_52_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20150911_07_52_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20150911_07_52_44_Pro.jpg

Here are some pictures from today

Hey Lex, mind if I hang out and watch? Love to learn when I can. Thanks for the journal and good luck.....

Ya the more the merrier. Welcome aboard friend. Im still learning but ive got the basics down. And i welcome any advice and wisdom anyone is so kind to inpart. Knowledge is power. Thank you for stopping by.

Well today is day 6 since my clones rooted and all is well. Here are some pictures i just took enjoy!

WP_20150912_21_53_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20150912_21_53_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20150912_21_54_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20150912_21_55_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20150912_21_55_40_Pro.jpg

Ya know I might have to retract my early statement about everything being alright i was sitting with my girls this morning and I noticed that my girls are throwing out only 3 finger leaves now I did do some research and it seems that it is not a big deal but it certainly is weird lol.

Here is today's photo update still got the 3 finger leaves going on sure is weird looks like little green duck feet lol anyways on to the pictures

WP_20150914_07_46_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20150914_07_46_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20150914_07_46_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20150914_07_47_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20150914_07_47_14_Pro.jpg

Odd thing happened today as i was watering my girls my water went in at 4.8 and run off was 8.0 bout pooped myself when I saw that. I thought the dolomite lime was supposed to keep it in check but apparently not. Not sure what is up with that hope it doesn't end up too serious. I suppose maybe it is the GH flora series nutes possibly me nuting twice in a row. Today was plain water though.

Im starting to think either the name of my journal is making people not want to stop by and say hi or maybe the cfls or maybe it's because it's kinda boring for most people when it comes to vegging lol either way I will continue to journal after all it's more for my sake lol. I suppose the title is a bit misleading after all two plants hardly constitutes as a garden lol. Well I figure I am going to germinate a seed. It's a bagseed strain i grew last grow it was definitely indica dominant. It was pretty good smoke and it was a pretty layed back plant too very tolerant.

I got your back Lex. Been stopping by everyday and checking out your girls. They seem to be a short bushy strain.

High Lexort

Looks like those clones might have been off a plant that was starting to flower or they did. Now they are revegging and giving you odd leaves until they get back into pure veg mode. The next set of leaves should have 5 fingers and so on.

I saw your thread about your pH problems and followed the link in your sig here. I assume you are using tap water? If so that is likely the root of your problem. Dolomite will help prevent the pH from going down but will do nothing to prevent it going up. It's likely you have hard water with higher alkalinity that is forcing your pH high even if you use pH down to adjust your feed water. It will also cause toxic salts buildup in the rootball and mess up your plants without regular flushing.

I only ever use RO or distilled water for my plants in pots or DWC. My distiller died about a year ago so it's been RO ever since. Either is better than using tap water. Most tap water is pretty hard and causes salts buildup in the soil that interferes with everything. Get a water quality report from your supplier. Usually a phone call to your city/town can get you an email of their latest test results or it might be on their website. If they ask why you want this info ask them why they need to know that. Or tell them you want to get into brewing your own beer or start raising salt water tropicals or grow rare orchids. None of their damn beeswax. As a consumer you have the right to that info so screw 'em with a big stick. Best to be polite until you have that info tho. :)

L8r

Ya they are from a plant I revegged cause i liked it and it was indica dominant but it was awesome because it wasn't completely couchlock it possibly is a hybrid but i have no clue for sire cause it was a bagseed. It was more uplifting for mood but also relaxed the body but still produced the giggles lol.

Ya i use tap water that runs through a pur filter i thought that would help. It does make the water better as far as me drinking it. What would i need to look for as far as info from the water company?

Even under the circumstances im still excited that you have graced my journal with your presence oldmeduser. And to mtn dew thanks for hanging in here with me i know it's not super exciting for some ppl when it comes to vegging its exciting for me though lol

My leaves are drooping hardcore today yet the soil less mix is almost dry. Im wondering if this is due to my hard water issues or if my leaves are overly big for these little plants. I mean it looks like over watering but like i said the medium is darn near dry. I use the lift method to tell if they need watering and based on that I would say either later today or tomorrow morning they could use some more water. Well I will take some pictures in a little bit. Yall can tell me what you think then.

Here are a few pictures from today as well as my ph pen so oldmeduser and me can bring our discussion here. I want add real quick that my ph pen says rinse after use so i didn't think it needed a storage solution.

WP_20150916_11_46_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20150916_11_47_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20150916_11_50_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20150916_11_50_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20150916_11_51_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20150916_11_51_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20150916_11_51_40_Pro.jpg

Welcome aboard glimmergrass im no pro by any means and I am still learning quite a bit every day. Im have some issues at the moment and the last thing I want to do is kill off my first clones ever and if I do there is no getting this strain back so i gotta figure this out.

Back
Top Bottom