DRM's - T5 - Hydro - OSH - Grow Journal 2015-2016

DRM Ranch

OSH is a hybrid strain made available to me by the great folks at Seed Trip here in SoCal. OSH hails from NorCal but I don't have much more info to go on that is certain. Perhaps OG Kush x Sour Headband, linage is unfortunately not 100% so I'll make no real claims that I know more.

IMG_20151020_170049988.jpg

I took these cuttings Oct 19th, the mother plant is growing well in soil and looks great. Each of these cuts were taken from top growth and included two well developed fan leaves each as well as a lower new growth node.

The lower new growth node was trimmed off and a fresh 45° cut across the stem was made as well as light scoring of the stem prior to a dip into Rootech Cloning Gel. You can see where I cut back the fan leaves also.

I'll update on a daily basis, it's my first go it alone grow so I'm really looking forward to making this journal as complete as I can.

DRM Ranch

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

The grow is still alive, my phone took a swim so photos and regular updates kinda fell to the wayside.

As of today 3 of the six clones are doing fine, one has limited root structure but is as well as it needs to be at the moment (I'm not killing it off), two clones failed to root at all in the first 30 days so off to the compost pile they went.

I've moved the surviving clones into 3"x3"x2.5" rockwool cubes. Their progress is about as expected, I FIM'd all four at slightly different heights (fingers crossed for good results on at least one).

Picture follows

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'm not sure I would be the best to do a strain review, I will do what I can when I harvest, however I'm an edibles only person so it will be limited in scope.

Thank you for the encouraging words, I need them from time to time.

As for any updates and details;

I'm not liking the jiffy plugs, while 66.6% success rate is fine I'm not exactly shining with pride over the results I got. I will use rockwool plugs next time.

The clones were originally watered too often with Dyna Gro's recirculating formula for week one, I cut the formula in half for weeks two through three with improved results and less often watering.

They are on half strength week two of the Dyna Gro recirculating formula now, roots are showing below the rockwool blocks on the three larger clones, the smaller one is lazy and slow ;-)

I recalibrated my ppm and pH pens yesterday, it seems my pH pen was reading a bit high (0.7).

Once that was done with both 4 and 7 pH solutions I adjusted my nutrient solution to 5.9 and flushed all four of the girls with a pint of 435ppm nutrients which resulted in plenty of runoff.

Note to self buy and keep reference solutions on hand for regular calibration of my instruments. Add a spot for calibration info on my notes as well.

Not much to update today, the girls don't need watering today and still look fine. I purchased a bag of gro-dan rockwool plugs for my next go around, I hope that goes better.

I don't think the FIM took, I hope to get that skill down at some point.

Fed the girls today, the outgoing ppm's were a little on the high side so I ran about 3 pints drain to waste through each to get them down to where I want them to be, pH is at 6.0.

I'm fairly sure the FIM didn't take so I went ahead and topped the three larger ladies.

Root development seems to be coming along fine, I'm looking for more roots to appear before I transplant them into gallon pots.

The smallest clone didn't get a feeding today, her roots are simply not doing very well. I'm advised that she will come along just fine just slowly, I'm not impressed with her at all.

Pics to follow

My plan for today is to trim off that yellowed leaf on the smallest of my girls, I'd like to pull the plastic covering from the pargro cubes to promote substrate drying but I'm told I should leave well enough alone.

I want some sort of container that works with the cubes, anyone know if such a product exists?

I would suggest any ebb and flow tray as they have groves and are designed to be used as a draining system. Just drill a hole and stick a hose in it so that the extra water goes easily into the bucket. See journal in my sig I do something similar.

I found a few 3" square pots that have a slight taper that fit the cubes perfectly, I stripped the plastic from the three larger girls and put them in the pots on the 24th and fed them today.

I prefer the ability to check runoff pH and volume so the individual pots works out better for me at this point.

The girls seem to be doing fine and the half strength nutes don't seem to be slowing them down at all.

IMG_20151126_084456751.jpg

Nutrient mix results, I had to sub in foliage pro for grow, this should be a temporary deal seeing as today is turkey day here in the states nobody is open. Nutrient formula is per Dyna Gro recirculating suggestion at half strength week three.
IMG_20151126_082743915_HDR.jpg

The girls look fine with their docked leaves removed.

IMG_20151128_110423799_HDR.jpg

Two of the girls looked ready in terms of visible roots to move up to #1 pots.

I flushed the grow cubes with 5.7 pH once, they ended up with a higher pH than I wanted so I flushed them a second time with 5.9 pH, they landed right at 6.0 which is fine by me.

I'm happy with the progress so far.

IMG_20151129_085058787.jpg

Tied down a bit with common twist ties.
IMG_20151129_085027705.jpg

Also tied down.
IMG_20151129_084947433.jpg

Still not quite ready for the #1 pot as I thought at first. She is getting there.
IMG_20151129_085013167.jpg

And here we have our slacker, still alive and growing slow.

I'm excited about training the girls, its really cool how quickly they respond.

This is my first go it alone grow, I've helped at a small medical operation, however I wouldn't say I'm much more than a beginning grower in hydro.

As for spindly, they are at the moment; but for what I'm doing that's fine at this stage. I have a crap ton of training planned for these girls so thin makes it easy, they will thicken up in due time.

I started the clones in jiffy peat things; I think that put me well behind schedule but that's just a learning thing I wanted to try out.

I'm feeling good about the three larger girls, I hate to even try to predict results but I'm aiming for a pound of finished buds, we shall see.

I just purchased a hand sprayer to do some foliar feeding once I get at least the three larger girls all in gallon pots..

I'll pick up a ruler or something that shows size better than the pictures show thus far.

I didn't mean u were a beginner. I'm just used to thicker stalks here in maine. I understand thin stalks are easily trained. One of my gurls, rohda, has been getting lst which is starting to lean more towards, I think, scrog. 2 weeks already holding shoots down forcing them out. She seems to love it. The rest seem to enjoy growing "normal". Think I'm 25 days from poking out of soil and just hooked up 1000w. And only fed twice on AN. Seem to like nutes.but yeah training is fun and very interesting. Growing is .alot of fun too. Anyway I will be watching and hope ya followy first indoor grow. Later man.

Back
Top Bottom