BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

BrixNewb

Hey guys, this is my first journal and also my first grow. I am using Doc Bud's High Brix kit and these beans have been going since about the first of September. I have been around here a while, so I am pretty familiar with most of the regulars here and have been watching you guys from afar for a while now. On to my grow!

What strain is it? Mazar, Critical 47, Stacked OG
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long? Flipped 10/18
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? DBHB Promix HP
If soil... What size pot? 7 gallon smarties
Size of light? 1000 watt dimmed to 75% in Blockbuster 6" hood
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 80 degrees daytime 72 night time
RH of Room/cab? 45-60%
PH of media or res? We don't pH
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? About every 5 days.
Type and strength of ferts used? DBHB

I had some hiccups at the beginning. Got that sorted out. I am unable to find any pests but I do find one or two leaves that appear to have been chomped on here and there. Only a few leaves per plant so I haven't worried too much. Tips of the leaves as you can see are yellow and brown on all three plants, not sure what I am doing wrong but they appear healthy other than that and are growing, so I keep on trucking.

Any advice/criticism/feedback is greatly appreciated. :Namaste:

Critical 47

IMG_121335.JPG

IMG_121224.JPG

IMG_121129.JPG

Mazar

IMG_120532.JPG

IMG_120230.JPG

IMG_120426.JPG

Stacked OG

IMG_121031.JPG

IMG_120923.JPG

IMG_120834.JPG

re: BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

:high-five: I'm ready for the ride.

BOO!

when did you last water/feed/foliar and which foliar? :)

Dr. Ziggy we Brix on Monday and they got some De-Stress yesterday or the day before.

Stacked OG and Mazar both got drenched with Growth Energy, a touch of Transplant and Tea within the past two days, I expect that Critical 47 will be drenched tomorrow or the next day. They were all watered around 10/24 with 1/4 strength Transplant.

Before I took the DBHB journey I compiled a bunch of information about what everyone is doing with the kit and am going off that. All ears at this point.

:high-five: I'm ready for the ride.

BOO!

Glad to have you as well Major PITA.

They look great~!

I swear the camera makes them look great or the HPS makes them look like crap. One or the other. Thanks for swinging by Doc.

Looking good, Newb. You picked the right soil and nutrient system for you first grow. The problems you mention look minor. The burnt tips are likely light stress as it happens to mine when they grow too close to the light. The downward curled edges indicate an excess of nitrogen, which will right itself as your plants grow bugger and start consuming more nitrogen.

If I had to give any advice, I'd prune any lower branches and leaves that look like they're not getting enough light. Those lower budsites suck up resources and produce nothing but popcorn nugs, which is okay if you're making butter, but I assume you want big, fat nugs for inhalation. Keep following the instructions and you'll do just fine.

Check out the link in my signature titled, "The Basics of Doc Bud's High Brix Blend Kit w/ Instructions." I compiled a bunch of info from Doc and fellow HB growers into one place. Of course, any questions should be directed to Doc's Q & A.

Anyway, that's it from me tonight. Happy growing and may the brix be with you. :Namaste:

P.S. I'm subscribed.

Nice plants.:thumb:

Thanks so much FlowerFarmer. I have to say that they look so much better through the lens of a camera versus the lens of my own eyes.

Front row seat! Excited to be here and watch a great grow.

I can't promise a great grow, but I will do what I can.

Looking good, Newb. You picked the right soil and nutrient system for you first grow. The problems you mention look minor. The burnt tips are likely light stress as it happens to mine when they grow too close to the light. The downward curled edges indicate an excess of nitrogen, which will right itself as your plants grow bugger and start consuming more nitrogen.

If I had to give any advice, I'd prune any lower branches and leaves that look like they're not getting enough light. Those lower budsites suck up resources and produce nothing but popcorn nugs, which is okay if you're making butter, but I assume you want big, fat nugs for inhalation. Keep following the instructions and you'll do just fine.

Check out the link in my signature titled, "The Basics of Doc Bud's High Brix Blend Kit w/ Instructions." I compiled a bunch of info from Doc and fellow HB growers into one place. Of course, any questions should be directed to Doc's Q & A.

Anyway, that's it from me tonight. Happy growing and may the brix be with you. :Namaste:

P.S. I'm subscribed.

Appreciate the input. I lurked for a while before deciding how to grow and ordering Doc's kit. I have been around here for a little bit. I don't know if it's light stress as it is on all the leaves. I am keeping my light about 17" away from the top of the canopy. I will raise it another inch or so to be on the safe side. I have a pruning session planned in a little bit to thin it out a bit. Being my first run I am a little cautious and don't want to take too much, but I am definitely going to cut off any suckers here shortly. That's a good piece you have compiled, I will have to read through it when I get more time.

starting better than i did (if waxy, shiney leaves are any indication)

I swear they don't look that waxy in person. It had actually been troubling me for a bit wondering if they were ever going to get waxy.

I welcome all of you guys and appreciate the input. Hoping with you guy's help I will have a decent first grow.

They look great to me! :allgood:

Have you topdressed them with recharge and EWC yet? A couple weeks into bloom is a good time, and helps keep the fade away.

:Namaste:

They look great to me! :allgood:

Have you topdressed them with recharge and EWC yet? A couple weeks into bloom is a good time, and helps keep the fade away.

:Namaste:

Graytail, so glad to have you here! And just in time. I actually recharged a week or two ago but completely forgot about the castings! I will have to get on that.

Graytail, so glad to have you here! And just in time. I actually recharged a week or two ago but completely forgot about the castings! I will have to get on that.

I gotta keep an eye on the HB grows, y'know! :cheesygrinsmiley::blunt:

Back
Top Bottom