FlyBye's - Bubba Chunk - Indoor - LED - Soil - Grow Journal

Flybye

Hello all. I'm starting this journal late as I just decided to join up and come out of the back ground. I will try to fill you in as best I can on where I'm at and what has transpired so far. so here is what I can recall. and btw thank you to all for your response.

I have not grown sense the 70s and Never inside under lights.

lets start with the set up.
Outdoor stand alone room fully wired on its own breaker, sealed and insulated. Inside usable space 5 wide 6.5 long and 6.5 high. six 4X14 inch passive intake vents low on wall with 2 inch thick black pond filter material inside to block light and some bugs. Walls and ceiling are 100% covered with shinny dimpled foam board and floor is white. a raised stand for the plants to sit on so they may drain into catch pans. exhaust is all 6 inch pipe with a 6 inch Max Fan Pro series fan with 3 settings 291, 379, 420 CFM capabilities with a large compatible true carbon filter. with a Duct Stat thermostat controlling it. one 16 inch osculating fan on the wall. a oil fin heater on a timer for lights off time. Two 400 watt COB type LED lights on a timer and height adjustable.

Concerns at this point are humidity during lights off as I live on the Oregon coast, very humid winters. I have plenty of circulation to suck it right out of there if I leave the exhaust on 24-7 but gets fairly cool if I do. so currently I have the exhaust on the duct stat and it comes on now and then during lights Off and every 10 minutes or so during lights On.

Started the plants from seed 2 1/2 months ago in solo cups.

I've had a few issues. Held my lights to close, starved them, broke some main branches and some PH issues. All that solved now. the rooms runs Great I think. Not a good SCROG strain I don't think. Bushy as hell. but holding my lights way to close early on didn't help that either. Hard to train all that Bush. I have hacked off so many leaves I'm a little concerned.

Above in 7 gallon cloth pots before the net is installed. down to 3 plants. Had 4 but one turned out male.

Below is a pic of the stand and drain grate set up

I totally love the exhaust fan and the carbon filter setup

The room works good I think. Now I just need to train myself. I had two weeks off so I worked dark to dark building this thing.

Now that I'm on here I will give regular updates. looking forward to interacting with you fine folks. will try to get some pics of the SCROG and whole room setup tonight.

Feel free to ask away that's why I'm here, for the interaction.
Hmm I smell dinner...

Well I'm fed now!
Here are some pics of my first attempted at a SCROG. topped a few times and LST and some breakage which caused some dense growth. been trimming fan leaves along the way. Very soon I will trim ALL the leaves below the net.

Brrr snowed in the hills today. Well after some fine tuning I believe I'm getting a far better handle on the humidity issue. That's the only negative I have with a outdoor shed. I'm on the coast so it's always foggy and wet in the winter. So when my exhaust is on I'm directly sucking in the humid outdoor air. Seem to have found a good compromising on off with the duct stat controller for the exhaust. I would try a dehumidifier but soon the exhaust will be on 24/7 and I just don't see how it would keep up. I seem to be getting ahold of it with a heater during lights off instead. If anyone has any input on the humidity situation that would be great. As soon buds will be bigger so surely I will want to exhaust air 24/7.

Today I cleaned up under the screen. Plucked a lot of leaves, again. Damn that just kills me but it will surely help the humidity and air movement within the canopy. I guess the hurt they receive from that is far better than losing the bud to Mold!

I defiantly was starving them before. I can't believe the difference now that I believe I'm on the right feeding schedule and amount.

I still can't believe the amount of leaves I've plucked off my girls. They seem to take it very well. Still it freaks me out a little but I know it HAS to be done. Tough Love.

If anyone has any tips on beating down humidity I would surely like to hear them.

Glad you started a journal, I have many many subbed journals bit will pop my head in from time to time to see how your getting on. Sweet setup you got going and it's not a proper grow if you don't have a few issues. I myself have many. Happy to see your getting on top of it tho.
Happy growing my friend.

Edit* when putting pics in, use the little camera icon above txt box. Makes your pics big. :high-five:

Glad you started a journal, I have many many subbed journals bit will pop my head in from time to time to see how your getting on. Sweet setup you got going and it's not a proper grow if you don't have a few issues. I myself have many. Happy to see your getting on top of it tho.
Happy growing my friend.

Edit* when putting pics in, use the little camera icon above txt box. Makes your pics big. :high-five:

Thanks for stopping by. hmm those pics link to Large pics. Works great on my end. Please let me know if you don't get the big ones when you click on the thumb nail image

Thanks Rifleman. not sure what's up. I get a big pic when I click on the thumb nail pic. works great on this end. There linked. is not working for you?

Thanks Rifleman. not sure what's up. I get a big pic when I click on the thumb nail pic. works great on this end. There linked. is not working for you?

Works fine. I didn't know if you had seen the "medium linked to orig" tab. Some of us old guys with squinty eyes and a boatload of followed journals have a slightly hard time with the thumbs. The larger embedded makes it a quicker read. Soldier on, I'm anxious to see what you have. :)

Haha in case anybody is wondering what all the color in there is. I wasn't happy with the size if my holes in the net so I used balloons to ad to it and make them smaller. Works great actually. very soft on the plant.

Good morning it is. the plants are the best I've ever soon them look right now. one girl is just awesome. and has been all along. first one to sprout. probably 1 week ahead of the other 2. I still cant get over the BAGS of leaves I have removed. but I'm All in on this one. I have to find the perfect system for my small shed. SCROG looks like it I think. I continue to forget about the importance of light height but catch it in time. these plants want them 20 inches away or they get pissy and show it. new to LED light it just sunrises me.

my main concern right now is the 28 degree weather coming, this shed hasent seen that kinda weather yet. and I'm going to be 9 hours away for 3 days...... I'm working on a cold weather room setting now. I should have it dialed in by the time I leave....I hope. I do have a video cam in there so I can check on them any time the lights are on.

I NEED A BUD TENDER haha damn I'm nervous.

I've already been running the oil fin heater for a while in order to face my exhaust on more frequently. I can hold the humidity perfect with lights on 50-62 mostly if I stay outa the room haha. but lights off I know are going to be higher on cold days and may not come on at all but temps 60-70 with constant osolating fan on. I'm concerned. what do you guys think?

I know the obvious is to turn the heat up at night. I'm on the 500 watt low setting now and its set right at about 75. I'm not sure how to regulate it. I work during those hours. lights On temps have to stay the same. I would have to find a way to turn it up and down while away. sounds like I need to save my money and eat the cheap beans for awhile

Just want to say Thank You

Just want to say thank you to all of you that I have quietly behind the scenes learned from over the past month or so. Recently joined up. this is my first grow sense the aaaaa um late 70s. And never indoors. recently I built a outdoor grow shed 1st grow in it. The people here have been invaluable to me in diagnosing the SEVERAL mistakes thus far. Weather they new it or not. I know my plants well so spot a change easily and just lucked out ending up here.

First mistake was holding my 400 watt full spectrum LED lights 8 inches off tops for the first 4 weeks of life, I planted from seed.... Holly crap, I think back now. No money for a veg setup yet. so these are going all the way with these lights.
That didn't kill them so I tried to do it with PH. Turns out I was watering them with 8.0-8.5 water. Yes that's right. I was using my home water filtration water. Its setup to give me 8.0 water. This combined with My Lights so close they were getting light burn not heat burn. The only thing I had going for me was this room. It runs quite nice.
So got over that. Then comes the SCROG. As a result of vegging these girls with that light they turned a already bushy plant into a mess. And the stems were so thick to get to bend I mean like little finger big. Vegged 2 months. Anyway the Point is I bet the crap out of these plants And You All Saved me.

Thank you, thank you.

Below are 4 small YouTube links of were I'm at now. They are 20 days sense flipped the light schedule. I'm proud to see the way they are now. Most the yellow you see is recent healthy new growth opened up by leave thinning. Cant wait to see my next challenge but I already know its going to be humidity.[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]

Mark

Back
Top Bottom