First Time Grower

Legend

Hey guys I'm a first time grower! I'd love to get some feedback from everyone and see how I'm doing.

Strain: Unknown
Stage: DAY 3 (Vegetative)
Light: 200 watt

Do they look healthy? Are there any tips you guys can give me?

12285915_1491412057831196_31188005_n.jpg

They look great :thumb: the best tip I can give you is to be very careful not to overwater and soak down that soil, especially as it looks a bit dense. At this early stage the plants don't drink much and the soil only needs a bit of 'touching up' now and then- a few dribbles here and there- whatever it takes to get it moist without soaking it. Though, since you got this far you probably don't need that tip. ;)

Biggest noob mistake I see on here is doing too much at this early stage of the game such as over watering, feeding, transplanting and even LST.

Get a cup just like the one you have your ladies in and fill it with the same amount of dirt. Every once and a while lift up your ladies cups and the empty one, use the empty one as a reference of when to water.

I've moved on from my beer cup days but when I did use them, I waited until the root mass filled the whole cup before transplanting. Less stress.

No Nutes or LST until she's out of the cup.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using 420

How big do you want to get them? What are your expectations for this grow I guess is what I'm asking.

Thank you for your input as well as your tips. Quick question, how do you know the plants are being given too much water besides the fact that the soil in the picture is really moist and dense? Does the plant show any signs of overwatering?

To answer your question:

a) I don't want the plants too big, and I am really not focusing on my expectations as much as what I should be doing and the right techniques to apply. This is a learning trial for me and I very much enjoy the growing process.

Thanks a lot guys, I will make note of the watering issue. Here's a visual update on the plants, it's only Day 4, let me know what you guys think.
image_4_38.jpeg
image_3_45.jpeg
image_2_62.jpeg
image_1_59.jpeg
image4241.jpeg

Sorry about the bad quality images, next time I will be using my DSLR

If running 18-6 or 12-12 I found my ladies leafs have always drooped slightly when the the lights are off. So when you turn the lights on they still appear drooped until they "Wake up". Just my observation over my last few grows.

It's day five and I have them on a 18-6 cycle, should I just go with the 24/0?
Thats a huge debate amongst growers and I don't want your thread to turn into that. This is what I've observed:

If you have heat issues or wanna save money go with 18/6

If you don't give a fuck like me, run 24/0

Depending on where you're set up, location also MAY play a role in what you choose. If you have a room built or a tent set up in a garage and you bring in outside air when it gets cold at night, you may be forced to run 24/0 to keep your temps up and constant. Also a good way to avoid using a heater.

What kind of soil are you using? And what is your water quality like? The reason I'm asking is the way the sprout leaves look there could be your water might be hard or heavy on chlorine

What kind of soil are you using? And what is your water quality like? The reason I'm asking is the way the sprout leaves look there could be your water might be hard or heavy on chlorine

I'm using regular potting soil, nothing special. I haven't tested my water quality yet, I just recently purchased a tester online and I'm awaiting it's arrival. I've been using tap water, what is your opinion on using bottled water?

Distilled and r/o are the best to use and you can buy larger quantities cheaper keep your calmag handy though using those 2 types of water will only have very little if any in it I found it easiest for me to add the calmag to 80-120 ppm to start then add the rest of your nutes as directed

Online you should be able to find a water quality report for your area provided by your local utilities company

Back
Top Bottom