LED - Soil - Grow - OG Kush - White Widow - NL - Sour Diesel & White Berry

Kirupiru

Hi

So this is my first grow. English is not my first language so there might be some spelling mistakes.

What strain is it? og kush, white berry, white widow, sour diesel and nl.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? biobizz all mix
If soil... What size pot? 15l-28l (3gal-7gal)
Size of light? 2 x 300w (really 2 x 140w) galaxyhydro led
Temp of Room/cab? 21C-27C
RH of Room/cab? 50-70
PH of media or res? 6,2
Any Pests? fungus gnats
How often are you watering? when needed. Maybe one time per week now.
Type and strength of ferts used? biobizz nutritiens. low doses from the start.

Because this is my first grow i plan to experiment a lot and try different things. I might screw everything up and kill my plants, but lets see what happens.

My plants are now almost 6 weeks old except sour diesel (5 weeks). I super cropped my plants and removed everything from the middle. i have topped my plants two times. I plan to let them grow some new leaves for couple weeks and then start flowering light cycle. First three to four weeks they were 20/4 light cycle. Now they have been 18/6. They are short but wide. Height 8 cm -10 cm (3-4 inch) and width is 20 cm - 30 cm (7-12 inch)

20151202_122726.jpg

Front White berry and back OG kush. They are the two largest plants from the start.

20151202_122712.jpg

First on the right is White widow. It had a rough start but now it is catching up to the larger ones. Back right is Sour diesel and on the left is Northern lights. For some reason nl is starting to leave behind. It is the smallest plant now.

20151202_122950.jpg

nl

20151202_122635.jpg

wb

20151202_123029.jpg

og

20151202_122930.jpg

sd

20151202_122745.jpg

ww

re: LED - Soil - Grow - OG Kush - White Widow - NL - Sour Diesel & White Berry

Wow, you are so much braver than I. I decided not to do anything to train as I didn't want to take any risks with my first crop. Of course that means I likely accidentally killed one of them tonight.

Plucking almost all the leaves stunned my plants for couple days. Now it seems the growth is back on track and they are getting more bushier and taking on height. I think it is about an 2-3 cm (1 inch) in 18 h. I will add pictures in couple of days when you can notice the changes.

I was wondering. People who have grown these or similar strains how tall have you let your plants get before changing the light cycle to flowering and how tall the plant was in the end?

Arteekay, thanks and sorry to hear that.

I was thinking why not. The only way I am learning is by trial and error. I am amazed that I have not managed to kill any of my plants and they seem to grow nicely. All the seeds I germinated and got to this point. Still there is lot that can go wrong and in the end we will see how good or bad my experiment was. I only wish I would have started my journal earlier.

I did some super cropping today because all my tops were in these clusters. I managed to notice these little things while doing it to my White berry. I didn't have my good camera today so the picture is a bit bad. Also I did not want to take my lights off. I tried to light the spot in my flashlight so you can see it better.

20151203_162021.jpg

These are preflowers, right? Ok they were feminized seeds but still it felt wonderful to find these. I defoliated some bigger leaves to make room for super cropping. There were little break in the left stem but i taped it over.

I must admit i get little too excessive with my defoliation. Now I must try to ease off little. I need larger canopy to start flowering. Maybe in two weeks they are ready to start.

I could not wait with the pictures so here you go. It has been only few hour since I super cropped and thy have already sprung up. Still some of it took nicely. I think there is now enough space to let the light pass properly. All my girls have changed a lot in last 24h. I had something to do with that but you can notice how much the tops have grown.

20151204_000450.jpg

Here is WB. I noticed there were now two more galaxy with the white hairs.

20151204_000747.jpg

This is OG. I think i took the most from her. All the large leaves. Still looking happy with new haircut.

20151204_000553.jpg

Front is WW. It is now in a growth spurt. It is growing fastest now by far. Back is SD. There is not a lot of changes in her. Maybe a little larger. I did not defoliate her a lot. She is the youngest so she has more to catch up. I did take photo of here but i deleted it by mistake. You have to wait little longer for her photo update.

20151204_000625.jpg

Nl is taking height fast. I did not super crop her. She does not have lot of spaces between nodes so i decided to let her be.

:popcorn:
High KiruPiru
For a 1st grow you are fearless.:yikes: They look great!
What are your expectations for these gals? :bravo:

I'm expecting some nice buds in the end. I am trying to crate even canopy with about 12 main colas. First I was about to do a scrog but now I'm thinking that I don't need one.

I'll let my girls to greate thicker canopy and take little more height. I planned to defoliate couple of times when flowering.

First time I defoliated I boiled a tea from all of the leaves. It was a mistake to drink all of it at once. I newer have been so high. even my legs welt numb and I had very psychedelic trip. These are going to be some nice buds.

OG kush soil seemed a bit dry so I decided to water her tomorrow. It has been easily 3 weeks since I changed my plants in to bigger pots. I have watered once since. Then the soil was moist but I had to give it little water because I had to go out of tow for a couple days. I gave them half liter of water in Sunday.

I am trying to get my soil dry because I have had fungus gnats from the beginning. They seem to be presistent little buggers. I have two kind of traps but there is always couple of them flying around.
Traps are working but i think that yellow color is not working effectively in led light. I know that letting the soil get dry kills some of the larvae. The problem is that i don't want to let my plants suffer from drought. So it seems I'm stuck with them. One thing I have been thinking is to water my plants using soap water. Have anyone done that?

Here are some pictures from this morning.

20151204_190016.jpg

WB

20151204_190029.jpg

OG

20151204_190057.jpg

SD

20151204_190112.jpg

NL

20151204_190049.jpg

WW

I just watered my plants and gave them a little lighter dose of nutrients. Because i will soon start the flowering cycle I gave them little doses of biobizz bloom and top max also. I will gradually lessen the biobizz grow and rise bloom and top max doses. In the feeding charts it says that I should use grow in small doses the whole time. It is mostly molasses so i am ok whit that.

I'm giving my plants a foliar spraying couple of times per day if I'm home. Every other day I add algae mix to the foliar spray. I always pH the water somewhere near 6. If I had sodium strips and EC meter I could check and monitor my nutrients better but I have spent enough money already so I will have to do with what I have now. Maybe I will do little upgrades to my next grow.

Here are some pictures from today.

20151205_175803.jpg

NL ok so she isn't the shortest plant anymore. It has grow nicely these past couple of days. I managed to delete again my earlier picture so this is couple hours later. Height was 12 cm

20151205_160613.jpg

WB she has grown little but not much her height was about 15cm.

20151205_160531.jpg

OG height 12cm not much changes.

20151205_160521.jpg

WW she is growing fast. Almost inch a day. She was now little over 12cm

20151205_160508.jpg

SD she is the shortest and youngest she was 9cm tall.

20151205_160438.jpg

Left is WW and right one is SD. As you can see they are pretty wide with even canopy. I will try to keep this shape. My plants are very short but they are two to three times wider than their height is. Next time i measure I will add the width also.

For those who do not use metric system 1 inch is 2,54 cm. So my plants are about 5 inches tall.

I just found preflowers from my other plants also. My girls are trying to tell me that thy might want to start flowering soon. White widow even had couple preflowers with those white hairs.

It really was right time to water my girls. I was noticing little droopiness on my plants. Now after few hours they have sprung up and are looking so happy. I gave them 2,5l (little over half gallon) of water. There was only a little runoff. I will check the situation tomorrow morning and if there is no runoff left I will give them 0,5l-1l more water. I hope to water once before I turn my girls to flowering.

How many of you have used the 24h-48h dark period to jump start the flowering? Is it better to hurry towards end or go slow and steady. Does the dark period lessen the yield? Does it shorten the flowering time? I'm wondering about the pros and cons of doing so. If you have any please tell me.

Hi to all.

Here is some pictures from today. I gave my girls a haircut. I wanted to get light to smaller tops underneath. In couple of days we will see how I did. It was a light defoliation except for NL because I noticed she has only four tops even after topping two weeks ago.

Here are some before after pictures.

WB
20151206_150741.jpg
20151206_152908.jpg

OG
20151206_150751.jpg
20151206_152914.jpg

NL
20151206_150839.jpg
20151206_152952.jpg

SD
20151206_150825.jpg
20151206_152930.jpg

WW
20151206_150806.jpg

20151206_152921.jpg

Sorry I started the germination process now 48 days a go and they sprung up 45 days a go. I germinated the seeds In wet paper. when they started to show their tails I moved them to rock-wool cubes (except SD I used peat). After a day or two I moved them to little under 0,5l pots. Week after that they were ready to move In to bigger pots. I don't remember if the pots were 6l or 8l pots. I should have moved them straight to their final home. The roots were growing so fast I had to move them just little over a week later. I have been using little too much biobizz root juice or something. After week or so in the big pots I changed lights 20/4 to 18/6.

WW took a day more and the seed shell stuck on her. I should have taken the shell off earlier like straight when she sprung up. The first leaves were deformed because of that. That's why at start she was so scrawny and didn't grow well. Now it seems that she has gotten over that. It took a while but she Is the best looking gal in my mind now. Also because there were mix up with my seeds I started SD germination process a week later so she is little over a week younger than others.

Start of week 7. Here is some pics from today. I also measured my girls.

OG she was 18cm tall and 40cm wide. So she has grown a lot.
20151207_153331.jpg
20151207_153653.jpg

WB she was 20cm tall and 40cm wide.
20151207_153234.jpg

20151207_153639.jpg

NL she was 15cm tall and 30cm wide.
20151207_153829.jpg
20151207_153550.jpg

SD was 12cm tall and 30cm wide.
20151207_153447.jpg
20151207_153557.jpg

WW was 16 cm tall and 32 cm wide.
20151207_153411.jpg
20151207_153934.jpg

I 'm thinking about turning my light cycle to 12/12 In the week 8 or should I wait one week longer and start the flowering at 2 month mark. I'm not too worried about the height because I can always train my girls more. What I'm worrying is the horizontal space. What do you guys think?

It is just under 1 square meter. So there is not too much room. I may be doing some reorganizing soon. Maybe I should take out my large fan and put in a second smaller clip fan to make more room. I have some White berry clones (I snapped few stems too severely first time when I supercropped). They are 2-3 weeks old and have been on a 12/12 cycle from the start. They are not looking so good but one of them just have sprouted roots. So I'm hoping that I could move them soon to my grow space.

Back
Top Bottom