The Quest - One Plant - Two Pounds

thebudking

A little backround on my set up. I don't follow how long I veg, I veg until my plants are shaped and are the size I am looking for. I run dwc, 3.5 gallon in veg, 10 gallon in bloom.

The lighting fixture is a diy cob led. 16, cxb3070's being driven by 4 hlg 185-1400's. Cobs are mounted to single heatsink/fan combo.

No Co2, running Botanicare nutes, will go over nutes in a future post. The scrog is 4 ft x 4 ft.

Day one of flower

5237-MMS-1449968024167-attachment1-IMG_20151212_165110.jpg

Day 4 of flower

5238-MMS-1449968029762-attachment1-IMG_20151212_165222.jpeg

Updates to come.

'Scuse my ignorance of that lighting, but what's the actual wattage for this grow?
From Google searches I have determined he can only be running a max of 800 watts because the 4 drivers he listed have a single output for 200 watts max ea. And the Cree diodes he listed are rated for 107 watts max ea.

Nice big gal ya got there. I'll bite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420

From Google searches I have determined he can only be running a max of 800 watts because the 4 drivers he listed have a single output for 200 watts max ea. And the Cree diodes he listed are rated for 107 watts max ea.

Thanks for figuring that out newbiegrwer :thumb:
I wonder where the host of this party is at...?

About the light, it has 16 cobs and they are running about 56 watts each so 896 is the number but it will vary with different forward voltages through the cobs. I would say 850 to 900 as a guess. I am not an electrician or anything close. I have followed the lead of other guys who know WAY more than me. I can dill holes, solder wire and put shit together. This is cutting edge in my opinion.

They biggest advantages to this light is heat and electricity. I pull far less wattage and amps than a 1000watt hps and use alot less ac to cool my tents. I run a 5x10 tent with 2 lights, fans, humidifier, pumps....everything on less than 17 amps draw on a 120 curcuit....do that with 2 1000 hps. The results speak for themselves. I am not saying this is the end all, be all of lighting for everyone but it is for me. Open your minds, follow along and we will all learn, especially me...lol

About the light, it has 16 cobs and they are running about 56 watts each so 896 is the number but it will vary with different forward voltages through the cobs. I would say 850 to 900 as a guess. I am not an electrician or anything close. I have followed the lead of other guys who know WAY more than me. I can dill holes, solder wire and put shit together. This is cutting edge in my opinion.
That's interesting that you are getting that much wattage. I don't mean to come off as argumentative but could you explain how you are getting that much power from 4 power supplies rated at 200.2 watts max? Again, not argumentative, genuinely curious and would like to learn.

Back
Top Bottom