First Time Grower - 300W LED

jahrastafari

I am working on my first grow, I will post pictures along the way and be making many changes. I am posting here because I look forward to hear all the advice the internet and you fellow growers have to share with me. The first grow will be small as it is a closet grow to begin with.

About the grow:

Strain: Purple Diesel x3
Grow Space: 2 ft deep 3 feet wide 6 feet tall
Lights: 300 watt led full spectrum ( won't name brand)
Soil: G and B organic potting soil
Pots: 2 gal
Feeding: R.O ph balanced water w/ seaweed extract for normal feeding. Every 3 or 4 use grow big fox farm veg nutes
Circulation: one 8" fan
Temp: 80 day 75 at night
Humidity: 50-70

I just bought a t5 fluorescent lighting fixture with 2-light 28 watt grow lights that I a plan on vegging the plants under for another week before replacing them under the 300 watt led lights to flower, and possibly incorporate some other lights (maybe the t5) for flowering stage. I also just purchased smart pot 5 gallons that I am going to transplant them in before flowering, as well as bought some fox farm ocean soil to pot them in for flowering as well. Please leave comments and questions and anything else that can help a fellow first time grower maximize his yeild with the given space!

Thanks JAHH!

IMG_89714.jpg
IMG_89726.JPG

UPDATE:

1) defoliated the plants some hoping for better growth.
2) moved them from under a 300 watt led to under a 2 bulb 2 foot long t5 fixture.
3) I will put them in bigger pots (5gal smart pots) tomorrow finish up the box pictured below and let them veg under the t5's for another 5 days or so so they can root well before putting into flower.

When I put into flower here soon i will use both the 300 watt led and t5 fixture because I don't have any plants in veg.

IMG_47924.JPG
IMG_47956.JPG
IMG_479710.JPG

Finally the project is done.

I got ducting running up and out of the house, most for smell and fresh air ventilation so that they can breath, as heat won't be an issue with these lights.
IMG_90802.JPG

I put a hole in the front of the box that leads through and out to these holes so light doesn't come in but the fresh air does.
IMG_90772.JPG

Here I've got a fan blowing down at the plants and a hole leading to the ducting with a fan up there pulling it up.
IMG_90782.JPG

And lastly my girls in there happy new home still in veg with just the t5 bulbs vegging, gonna transplant into smart pots 3 or 5 gal. (would like to hear suggestions) box is 3 ft wide 2ft deep and 5'6" feet tall.
IMG_90752.JPG

Will flower shortly and turn on the 300 watt led along with the t5's.

Thanks for checkin it out
JAHH

QUICK UPDATE:
about a month in veg. transplanted 4 days ago. Wanting to flower ASAP.

PROBLEMS!?
Here I am seeing some clawing of the leaves and yellowing at the tip?
IMG_48217.JPG

Next I am seeing white hairs already..? and I am not in flower yet? Is this a problem/whats going on..?
IMG_482210.JPG

And lastly some shots. Trimmed them up a bit.
IMG_48287.JPG
IMG_48278.JPG
IMG_48256.JPG

PLEASE LEAVE SOME ADVICE! It would be much appreciated!
JAH

ottawa green my guy. thanks for the response I tried sharecropping the middle one, with the stick in it and im just scared to do anything to jeapordize my grow considering its my first time!

Anyone have an answer to my clawing leaves and white hairs?

Cheers! JAH

hey all hope everthing is growing good. (haha im stoned thought that was funny)
But I am looking to finally flower my girls but I am noticing they are not really getting any taller. I have done some hst over the last few weeks but even before that the plants growth upwards has been at a minimum. They are getting bushier than hell but not very tall. Anyways I am looking to flower these girls there about 14 inches tall 8 inches wide and I want to know what you guys suggest I do to make sure they have a easy transition. Thanks for all the help this website is awesome.

cheers JAH

put them bitches into flower for my bday yesterday. They literally already look bigger or Im being hopeful and seeing things. either way theyre in flower now ;)

the stems look like they are kind of already having problems holding the plants up ? can only imagine this is going to get worse when the buds come.. any suggestions?

and thanks to you two for stickin with me

Hey all. I flipped 3 days ago and idk if this happened lately or if its been a problem but I have spots of new growth on the leaves that have missing spots? or dead spots? im not sure here is a picture

IMG_4856.PNG

Is this going to pose later problems? is this already a problem? thanks for the help guys and girls

JAH

I have seen the odd thing like that on mine too from
Time to time. If it is just a couple I wouldn't worry. If plants have lots then it is a problem

I'm with OG if its just a few you should be fine, I've experienced the same thing before as long as the plant looks healthy you shouldn't be alarmed.

Back
Top Bottom