First Grow From Bag Seed 2016

Jano

Hey guys! This is my first real grow so looking for any pointers and tips. Please only constructive comments, im not a fan of obnoxious internet goons (nobody is). Anyways, I'm growing two plants Indoors in a closet and I'll give you a quick rundown on each here:

Plant 1:(Blue Dream, Bagseed, Sativa dominant, currently under two 26w CFL)
This seed was planted as a joke by a friend in a mason jar near my window. I had completely forgotten it existed until I noticed that it had sprouted. Initially I didn't pay much attention to the plant (it had never been watered once in its life). However once it reached the top of the mason jar I decided to do some research on growing. The plant was obviously in rough shape and did not look healthy in any sort of way. After doing some research I decided I would try to revive the little runt and try to get it to start vegging. The plant had only grown a few inches in a couple months up to this point. When I decided to start caring for the plant it was in poor health and looked like this:
Snapchat-6880588167561330125.jpg

As you can see, the plant didn't look too happy. That photo was taken after about 1-2 months of slow, terrible growth getting little sunlight from my studio apartment window. Additionally I did not water the plant the entire time it was growing (I should be arrested for cannabis neglect!). About three weeks after placing the plant in good soil, and some new lights it has perked up and started going more! I have also started adding nutrients every other watering. Here's how the plant looks now after three weeks of healing and care from me:

20160204_012036-1.jpg

It's looking damn fine for not being watered the first two months of it's life. What an amazingly resilient plant! After seeing how much fun growing can be I decided to germinate and plant another bagseed. This time the strain is Three Kings. As of today the seedling is 10 days old! I have it under the same two CFL bulbs as Plant 1 with an additional Weak LED. However, I'm adding a 150w hps later this week. Here is how the seedling looks at 10 days:

Screen_Shot_2016-02-06_at_3_17_20_PM.png

Unfortunately I have been out of town for a few days so the seedling is now 16 days old. I will upload photos and progress on monday!

Hope you guys enjoyed the first post! I will be updating most likely about every 5 days starting on monday.

I was thinking the same thing. I happen to have a HPS already from a friend of mine, if I find my self with the money I will definitely veg with MH

Nice start! I started a few bag seeds my first try just for fun in a couple of plastic cigarette container you make rollies out of (not sure if it's just a Canadian term lmao!) so good luck looks good so far. They are a pretty resilient plant aren't they :blunt: :woohoo:

Edit: forgot to say my local hydro shop has a light energ (yes spelled right haha) hps, and mh both reasonable prices 40 for hps 60 for mh. The hps is doing wonders for my grow :)

Update 2:
So plant 1 started showing male unfortunately... Im planning on using the leaves to make coasters by encasing them in epoxy. The seedling is now almost 20 days old and is very healthy and growing great! I also have some feminized purple kush seeds in the mail that I should get either this week or next week! Here's a photo of the seedling currently:
Snapchat-8022404352898252400.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

after some reseaching, and reading of many reviews, on the less expensive bulbs, i decided on yeild lab. i ordered a 1000, and a 600 hps. they arrived safe. except the 600, was a mh. i emailed them. they are sending me the right bulb, and i get to keep the mh. anyway, i paid 56. for both bulbs. i saw a article, that tested many of the bulbs out there. this brand showed the closest performance, to horilux, at 1/3 the price.

Back
Top Bottom