First LED Grow - 3 x Bag Seed - 1 x Afghani? - Coco & Perlite

Bigbudsgood

2 x 4 x 6 Cupboard - started with 2 x 45 watt CFL
Using Mars Hydro II 400watt/5 watt epistars,
Coco 50 % Perlite 50 %
2 gallon Pots,
GH Nutes, (I know some may not think much of this brand but they are working fine for me)
(Flora Grow, Micro and Bloom), CalMag, Root Nectar (late addition), Flora Nectar Blueberry, Flora Liquid Kool Bloom and Flora Blend, RO water.
Eutech digital PH meter and Bluelab Nute Truncheon,Hygrometer and Temp gauge,
3 weeks 16/8 -
3_weeks8.jpg

8 weeks 16/8 -
8_weeks2.jpg

10 weeks - 4 days into 12/12 -
10_weeks_4_days_in_12_12.jpg
All developed white pistils but also 3 grew balls sadly, tried picking them off but wasnt worth it to ruin the good one all so out they came, Had a heat wave !
41 days into flower from when pistols first appeared -
41_days_into_flower.jpg
41_days_into_flower_2_.JPG

Had a small Fungus Gnat problem (little f**kers) Used Diatomaceous Earth - it settled them a little but didnt get rid of them - The Eco Neem did though !
Been growing on and off ,when i got the opportunity for years and would rather do it outdoors but sometimes we just dont have that luxury especially where i live,
Even though i have just the 1 and i think it is afghani, (as i was given a number of seeds years ago that were supposed to be that strain - any experts know exactly what to look for to id ?) i am happy with the way it is going. Would have been pissed if they all grew balls or hermied badly. This one actually got a half a dozen Nanas on but i inspected every day and picked them off with tweezers and sprayed plain distilled water to neutralize any pollen - still checking but all clear for quite a while now,
PH always kept between @5.8 and 6.2 and never the same and EC always between 0.8 and 1.8 - runoff usually @ 5.9 and EC @ 1.8 at the moment, getting bulkier and developing a sweet scent but not overpowering, made a soft wire cage for outer to hold up buds as they are getting weightier,
just a watch and see now and getting a little excited but very patient - got a digital microscope to check tricomes - i want them dark so i can get some sleep and chronic nerve pain relief :woohoo:

re: First LED Grow - 3 x Bag Seed - 1 x Afghani? - Coco & Perlite

So any suggestions or criticisms and have i provided enough information - i am sorry but it is impossible to provide you with the strain for sure - just "Pot" luck here.One thing i have noticed with the one that made it through to being a lady is the leaves are all so glossy - like they have been clear coated - is this a deficiency or a good thing ? Have been eyeing a strain called Mama Mia - i can actually buy it here - 10 seeds for $136 (Feminised).There is a selection of 33 types ranging from 3 seeds - $72 to 10 - $350. Have been checking out OS shops and the price is over the top in comparison but at least they are available.Also you need to have a Doctors certificate to purchase - is that the case with anyone else ? : )

I'd say you've had a good start on this grow. Your nanner are likely genetic, if they are the bagseed plants. Since the bagseeds are most likely the products of an hermie mother. But that's if you have no light leaks or massive temp changes at night. Or other stresses. Then it's possible you are mimicking the stresses that had originally hermied the mother. I've got one bagseed offspring from a hermie mother (6 pollen sacks, 2opened)
She's an experiment to test recessive hermie'ism.
Sorry I couldn't be more help, cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Flowered for 11 weeks - a good collection of seeds but not silly. Have seen a lot worse over the years.Ended up with about an ounce and a half of not mid blowing but a very pleasant smoke.Sativa dominant as i seem to want to get stuff done so wrong about the Afghani i would say.Made a couple of mistakes first time with the LEDs. Like you say Snidrajsed - just a practice run.(sorry cant PM you - not enough points yet) Onto my second practice : ).

Hey Snidrajsed ! It was a possibly a combination of unfavourable conditions that gave me nanas. When i transitioned to bloom the weather here suddenly became hot - up to 33 C in grow area and humidity was at @70 %. For weeks before it was very pleasant but i just turned them at the wrong time for a start i reckon. Also there may have been a tiny light leak and i have no idea what seed i am starting with.I defoliate in Veg a little as well to expose growth tips to light, but can only see this as a positive in a small area.
Anyway i am happy with my first LED grow. So for my second grow i have only the one small area but 2 separate spaces but not separate enough to have veg at 18 hours and bloom at 12 hours. Light leak would be too much so i grew a dozen seedlings under 12 hours for a few weeks (separate to my blooming plant) - about 25 % grew balls so they got tossed.2 weeks ago the hermie came out and 5 new ones went in at 18 hours.(only the strongest were picked) after 2 weeks they are ready to go to 12 - using a Rooting additive has made an amazing difference in growth rate - much faster this time. I am also trying different mediums this time. 2 are 50/50 coco/perlite, 1 x 70/30 c/p, 1 x 100 % perlite and 1 x 100 % coco.It appears that i have 3 x Indica and 2 leaning towards the Sativa side.

Back
Top Bottom