Ebb & Flow On Pepsi Bottles SOG - A Homage To Koolkat

nasti

Hello All,

Welcome to the project/grow I've working.
It's a modification of Koolkat's pepsibottle grow.
I've been a lurker at this forum for so many years without joining till today.
I have a small tent with 3 moms and a 12 site DIY Koolkat Aerocloner, he deserves for this an equivalent to the Nobel Price. His contribution will pass from generation to generation. His name will be remembered by history.

vistegeneralbaras.jpg

Disclaimer

I was an outdoor grower for many seasons, so this is technically my first indoors not organic grow.

Technical Aspects

I'm using a growing tent size is 31.5 inch x 31.5 inch base and 63 inches tall. (80x80x160cm)
I run a digital 600w ballast at 400w at the moment through a 5 inch cool tube into a 350 cfm centrifugal extractor I also added a Carbon Filter in the same ventilation circuit.

cooltube_americanstykle.jpg

Here I hold 44-46 plants on 1.5 L pepsi bottles, they are awesome, for the medium I've chosen a mix of Perlite and Vermiculite (75-25% koolkat style).

EBB & Flow

vistadesdearriba_ebbbflow.jpg

One of the aspects that literally blew my mind was how Koolkat was able to water 112+ cuts every day or two, he loved this. I thought that watering like he was doing, was going to be the Achilles Heel for me if I wanted to implement this project.

So I though of a very cheap solution, that included Cement mixers as plant trays and bought the Botanicare Ebb & Flow valves that are ridiculously cheap.
I have a 30 liter slim plastic box as reservoir (use for under-the-bed) which has a pump that turns on 3 times during the day for 20 mins.
40 Plants drink about 12-15 Liters per week so I have to check water levels every couple of days and PH, it is the cost of running a small hydro set up.

Nutrients

I usually flush the water once a month or when it gets to saturated with salts.
I buy RO water from the supermarket and fill the 30 liters and then I just refill with house water, where I live water levels go from 0.20-0.40 millisiemens, plants like it. Depends on how lucky you are.

I'm using the whole line of Gold Label Nutrients - Hydro A+B, Ultra Mg and Ultra PK + Atazyme.
This is my first experience with mineral nutrients and there's no way I will ever go back to organic.
I always try to PH at 5.8 and feeding currently 2.20 millisiemens.

Where I live is summer right now, so I run the indoors at night and it's staying at 77f or 25c, the cooltube is really doing its job. I might be switching to 600w soon after I fully cover the trays with clones, I'm missing like five to be running at 100%.

Moms and clones

mamisclonergeneral.jpg
cloner26.jpg
cloner26.jpg

Im using a Propagator of the same brand than the main tent so it works perfect on top of the main box (leaving vents clear) it meassures 20x20x30 inch or 50x50x80 cm.
Currently in there is sitting my hydro cloner and 3 moms on 1 liter soil pots. So currenty I'm using soil, aero and hydro.

I'm currently growing three strains all from Humboldt Seeds.
Blue Dream, Sauer BlueBerry and Pineapple Skunk.

As we speak I'm seeding 9 different varieties to see what i can add to my moms collection.
These are Super Lemon Haze, Desfran, Sleven from Moxie, Purple Crack from The Cali Collection, OG Kush and Lemon Skunk from DNA.

Philosophy

I'm being able to add 12 clones every 3-4 weeks.
That means I will be able to cut at least 12 plants each month, that will help me stay medicated without problems.
At the moment i can't conclude if it's better to run full capacity of 44 clones since day 1, or dividing it like im doing.
I dont have the capacity to get 44 clones at once so will don't know for a while.

While my moms were getting ready to be adults and give clones, I decided to flower their sisters on 1 Liter soil pots and got excellent results before switching to full hydro.

bdcomapracionvconamno.jpg
amcetero1lpepsi3l.jpg
varagigantebl_uedream.jpg
cosechatierra.jpg

Currently the older clones have 55 days or so, while the youngers about a week.
I'll be trying to update twice a week or any major update/incident.

Please enioy my grow.

re: EBB & Flow On Pepsi Bottles SOG - A Homage To Koolkat

Very nice! Glad you finally decided to give the :420: grow room a go! Welcome. You do some simply amazing work. :thumb: Thank you for sharing your garden. :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom