Dusted Bud Genetics In High Brix Grown By BrixNewb

BrixNewb

I have some seeds en route from Dusted Bud Genetics, so I am getting started with the journal. The strains will be revealed once they arrived. On to the grow specifics, which have changed since I started my first journal.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Doc Bud's High Brix Promix HP with amendments
If soil... What size pot? Start in 1 gallons and move to 7 gallons before bloom.
Size of light? 1000 watt dimmed to 75% in Blockbuster 6" hood
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 80 degrees daytime 72 night time
RH of Room/cab? 45-60%
PH of media or res? We don't pH
Type and strength of ferts used? Doc Bud's High Brix

Setup is two tents:

Veg: 36"x20"x62" Apollo tent. Lights are 2xMars Hydro old style 300 watt units. Oscillating fan and humidifier keep things right, 6" duct fan on a speed controller sucks out the hot stuff.

Bloom: 48"x48"x80" Apollo tent. Light is a Blockbuster XXL 6" Hood with a Phantom II 1000 watt ballast lighting up an Eye Hortilux Super HPS. Dimmed to 75% normally. Humidifier and multiple fans, CanFan Max Pro 6" fan on low setting to suck out the heat. Horticontrol Dust Shroom filters out the incoming air.

I am excited to try these new (to me) genetics and really look forward to seeing the results I get. :welcome:

Welcome Desjardins, glad to have you! I am just as excited (if not more!). Just sitting at the mailbox waiting on the post man.

I found you, but the link in your sig' isn't working. :high-five:

Alright guys, time for the good stuff! Seeds are here and I can tell y'all what we are looking forward to.

#1 Pliny Lights x Cali Dream

Pliny Lights (Northern Light #6 x Pliny Purple) Pheno 1
Cali Dream (Blue Dream x J27)

#2 Purple XJ x Cali Dream

PurpleXJ (XJ13 x Pliny Purple) Pheno 3

#3 Lemon OG x Cali Dream

Lemon OG (Las Vegas Lemon Skunk x The OG #18) Pheno 4

These are genetics that Dusted Bud has been working on and I am excited to give them a go. This will be my first round with non-feminized seeds, so stepping a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I am excited to give it a whirl.

Feminized seeds are great no doubt but some male genetics in the mix is what it's all about. Excited to help you sex them when it's time! Also dusted bud is unknown to me and I am eager to see what's up! I can only imagine how good a lemon/blue pheno will be.

If I had more room you better believe I would be all about making my own hybrids. As of right now I am pretty pinched for growing space, so fems fit the situation a bit better. Thinking I will take clones and force them to show sex in the flower tent to conserve resources.

Dusted Bud was unknown to me as well. I follow a few really amazing growers on Instagram and saw that they were knocking it out of the park with Dusted Bud, so I decided to send them an email and acquire some of their seeds. I have always been passionate about small business and like to go that route when I can. Time will tell. I would love to see what you could do with their stuff Shig, lord knows you are a way better grower.

Lord knows that is flattery Bn. You have a great grow. Actually outstanding is a better word. I consider you a vauable peer and colleague. I was totally asking everyone LST week about the cat drench lol. I think next time I will try a bit later than 19 days. Maybe 23ish or 30. In a way I feel like Doc is growing our plants lol. On the Chem side I think I am hitting my stride this grow. They are looking great. If I could just stop panting fro breath from this plague I would move them all around and take some pics.

Maybe you will pick a dusted bud strain for a community grow...I like the idea of people picking their favorite strains. Having like minded people growing the same strains on the recommendation of others is a neat thing. We can talk phenos, growing habits, nutrient habits, etc. which reminds me to post some pineapple fields pics. I am starting to see some phenotypic differences among the six plants. I hope over half are female.

And seeing the way Huckleberry Kush is responding to high Brix growing I can say that this is an invaluable strain that seems to really enjoy the HB. I did Cat drench on the 29th so I will do a week or week +3 after first Cat drench pics. Wait...this is brixnewb's thread! Can you tell I have been vaping all morning? I just started giving an update in it looooool...

Lord knows that is flattery Bn. You have a great grow. Actually outstanding is a better word. I consider you a vauable peer and colleague. I was totally asking everyone LST week about the cat drench lol. I think next time I will try a bit later than 19 days. Maybe 23ish or 30. In a way I feel like Doc is growing our plants lol. On the Chem side I think I am hitting my stride this grow. They are looking great. If I could just stop panting fro breath from this plague I would move them all around and take some pics.

Maybe you will pick a dusted bud strain for a community grow...I like the idea of people picking their favorite strains. Having like minded people growing the same strains on the recommendation of others is a neat thing. We can talk phenos, growing habits, nutrient habits, etc. which reminds me to post some pineapple fields pics. I am starting to see some phenotypic differences among the six plants. I hope over half are female.

And seeing the way Huckleberry Kush is responding to high Brix growing I can say that this is an invaluable strain that seems to really enjoy the HB. I did Cat drench on the 29th so I will do a week or week +3 after first Cat drench pics. Wait...this is brixnewb's thread! Can you tell I have been vaping all morning? I just started giving an update in it looooool...

My grow is ok. I am starting to get the hang of the kit. Still working on getting the watering down with the auto girls. Still forgetting things, so it's definitely still a learning thing. I have actually been following the Cat Drench thread as it is something I need to work on myself.

I hear you on being sick, my mother has been having a hard time this past month, but she is making it through. Seems to be getting everyone.

Glad to hear your Huckleberry Kush is loving the kit, I have a Chocolope Kush in the veg tent and I really hope that she turns out well. Going to be sure to get some clones of her.

I am keeping a record of what strains I am enjoying. So far Critical x AK47 has been a favorite as well as Stacked OG Kush. Mazar was a hit with those who enjoy a stoney Indica, but was a little heavy for daytime smoke. I am going to mainly run these Dusted Bud seeds for a while, see what I get.

So today was the big day. I dropped two beans, they are Dusted Bud Genetics Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin.

IMG_017048.JPG

They definitely got the Roots! I use a Q-tip with the head cut off to make my hole, so it's very tight in there. Here is to a great grow!

Checked on these two today and hoping to see them above ground within the next two day. Planting two more Dusted Bud Genetics beans in about a week.

Back
Top Bottom