420's Spydr's Grow Journal - 2016 - Sour Diesel

Spydr

Alright this is my very first grow and also my first time at Organic.

I got the seeds from crop king, order #556743-CKS

- Growing in my closet for now 6x3x8 feet under a 2 row 40w florescent grow light 18 hours on 6 hours off.
- Have a bigger room under construction with 1000w hortilux Super HPS for vegetative stage
-Organic Soil miracle grow (I did not want to use this for seedlings but I didn't get all my dirt and the ingredients in time).

Cooking Organic Soil
- 20L Organic Sea Soil 2.1-0.16-.05
- 20L 100% Earth Worm Casting
- 40L Canna Coco Medium
- 40L Perlite
- 6 cups Azomite
- 8 cups Dolomite lime
- 6 Cups Organic Kelp 1-0-3 Gaia
- 4 cups Alfalfa 3-0-3 Gaia Green
Mixed well in 2 containers.
Day 22 Added 3 cups Espoma Organic Tomato-Tone 3-4-6
Still waiting on Espoma Organic Plant-Tone and Gaia Green glacier dust and will add as soon as it gets here.

Day 1
Soak 5 seeds Sour diesel as per CKS instructions

Day 2
All seeds cracked and show root transfer to paper towel method

Day3
Set up grow room with 2 40W fluorescent grow lights

Day 4
Planted all 5 seeds into Organic soil and watered place under lights 6" away.

Day 7
Returned from work and found 4 seedlings 2 1/2 inches long. returned 5 to water to see if we could salvage it.

Day7.png

Day 8
The 5th seed did not revive.

Day 10
Returned from work again. Watered the plants with dugout water PH corrected to 6.6 with an organic Lemon.

Day 11
Mixed up 4 cubic feet of Organic Dirt using the following recipe. Also ordered Espoma Organic Tomato Tone and Plant Tone as well as Glacier Rock dust from Gaia Green

- 20L Organic Sea Soil 2.1-0.16-.05
- 20L 100% Earth Worm Casting
- 40L Canna Coco Medium
- 40L Perlite
- 6 cups Azomite
- 8 cups Dolomite lime
- 6 Cups Organic Kelp 1-0-3 Gaia
- 4 cups Alfalfa 3-0-3 Gaia Green
Mixed well in 2 containers.

Day 12
2nd leaves are coming in. misted them with corrected water. Checked dirt temp it is cooking at 98 degrees F. Gave it a mix

Day 13 - 15
Misted every morning and mixed the dirt thoroughly each day. The seedlings grow a little more each day.

Day 16
Topped up small planters with Canna Coco medium to strengthen stems. Mist plants and soak Coco.

Day 17 - 21
Just watching the seedlings grow every morning the get a mist and seem to be enjoying it. Mix my Organic soil everyday. Put it out by a window to help quicken the cook.

Day 22
Added 1.5 cups of Espoma Tomato Tone 3-4-6 to the soil and 5 liters of water mix well and put into the sun. 3rd sets of leaves now showing. We are close to the end of 2 weeks of seedling stage and will transplant to the organic soil on day 29

Day23.png

:popcorn::goodluck:Hey welcome to the contest..you wont over shadow your journal..nice big pics are what peope want to see..the font wont change no matter pic size..
keep it green....
looking good..your organic mix is quite interesting to me..i will be following along..:420:
What size should they be? I don't want them so big they over shadow the journal but apparently that's to small huh lol.

Day 23
I DROPPED A PLANT. It was terrible. Picked her off the floor and put it back together hope she makes it. Set up grow room with Lumatek 1000W ballast and Hortilux 1000w super hps light. Test run the light check temp and humidity. May need a humidifier as the humidity is only 22%. Heading out for Easter hope everything is ok til I get back

Day 27
She looks as if she is doing just fine. Transplant all the plants and set in Veg room watered pretty well with PH corrected water using an organic lemon to 6.5

Screenshot_2016-03-29-07-37-57.png

Day 28
All the plants look ok, no signs of stress so far. Set up a small humidifier. Was going to put in a small fan as well but we will see after the humidity level comes up.

Screenshot_2016-03-29-08-48-58.png

Day 30
Added a fan. Put it on a timer. 1 hour on 1 off for the 18 hour day and off for lights out. I been trying to run the humidifier 3 hours each day but I have to be here to do it, the temperature is running 23 to 27 degrees Celsius.

Day 31
Added Espoma Plant Tone 5-3-3 and watered thoroughly. 3 tsp per plant around the outside edge of the pot and watered. The plants are actually green its wierd how the light makes them look that color in the pic.

Screenshot_2016-04-01-09-13-20.png

Hey mono, I got one of those indoor outdoor digital thermometer/humidity gauges and the indoor one says 26 and the outdoor ones says 23. I've got updates I'll post up soon and some pics. Took 3 days but I finally got my humidity over 40 percent. Had a little set back. I got a little leaf burn and dry dry basement. Wasn't good but they are recovering.

Day 32
Noticed the humidity wont get over 30 percent. I have also noticed the leaves are turning Brown. I thought it was just the way the light made them look. Either they're burning or the low humidity is giving a Boron deficiency (?) maybe. Moved the light up just in case. Temperature has dropped now runs between 22 and 25 degrees

Day 33
Went and spent money on a decent humidifier. But I think Ill keep both going. Holds 6 gallons of water.

Day 34
The reservoir lasts around 30 hours. Still only brings the humidity up to 30%. So I am running a personal humidifier that mists as well.

Day 35
The humidity is increasing now at 50%

Day 36
Humidity seems to hovering around 56 percent now. Temp between 21 and 24. The color has come back and even the one I dropped earlier on is growing again. Though it stunted it quite a bit compared to the others. I'm sure itll be fine come harvest. Pics in order from 1 to 4. #4 is so far the strongest plant its also the tallest. But #3 is also doing really well.

Screenshot_2016-04-06-11-39-39_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-06-11-39-20_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-06-11-39-27_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-06-11-39-33_1_.png

Hi..was reading through ur journal..ya gotta stop putting stuff in those plants. .your organic so you dont need nothin for probally a month..so when you add extras your over feeding them.only give them something when they show a deficancy. .dont keep adding one thing to fix another..just give those babies phed water till the burn stops and i bet youll see happy plants..just my observation..trying to help ya.peace
Keep em green..
Whats that tomato stuff you put in there may i ask..

Thanks old school. I only added the Epsoma nutrients because I wanted them in my dirt before transplanting. Unfortunately my dirt was ready and so we're the seedlings before I got the nutrients in the mail. Which took 2 weeks. I won't be adding anything else. I got everything in there I wanted. The tomato stuff is an organic fertilizer from espoma called tomato-tone it's 3-4-6.

Yea man i looked it up..ok just tryin to help..
That tomato stuff from what i read has quick release nitrogen in it so be cautious. .
Grow em big..!!!

I usually cut when theres 5..as long as there healthy. No problem. .
Oldschool I read your journal. Not all of it yet but I'm working on it. I came across your fimming technique and I wanted to know at how many sets of leaves is ideal before topping. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom