Girl Scout Cookies

FuzzyNugz

Hey everyone im new to 420 and new to growing! Im here to document a grow I started from seed, jan 11th. Being a n00b I ran into every problem imaginable, some of which I'm still battling; over watering, light burn, nute difeciency, slow growth, etc. So I just want to show and give as much info as possible on what I'm doing hopefully it will come to help someone even if I'm just showing what not to do, haha! So I started off with much gleam in my eye by purchasing a grow cabinet which is 2'x2'x5' with a cloning chamber and veg/flowering chamber. At first it was the heat from the 150 watt hps in that small space, solved by having to leave the door open, but... bye bye stealth grow space. Its not too much to worry about, its me, and my lady in a four bedroom house, only thing is the n law likes to crash at our place when in town no questions asked. What to do, what to do? after researching more I found that T5s are better for veg because of the spectrum and they are cooler, a lot cooler! In the mean while Im reading Jorge Cervantes, Cannabis Encyclopedia trying to crash course my way to marijuana nirvana, and i ended up in limbo. Jokes aside, I am growing hydroponically, dwc, top feed, in rock wool cubes, using TechnaFlora recipe for success. wasnt working for my girls, so I snatched up some supernatural gro aqua and bloom, one part K.I.S.S., also started using MagiCal at 200 ppm since I'm using RO water. This along with, letting my rock wool dry out between feedings, and a CO2 box, had my girls taking off but the browning of the leaf tips has been persisting through out the whole gro so still one thing left to tackle. I now, in retropect, attribute last growth spurt to the environment being on point for two weeks straight. The infamous in law was in town, so I put the cab in our room where the door stayed closed 24/7 with great CO2 levels after all we sleep in there 8 hours a day, and we are great CO2 generators. One part nutes with ph buffer is great. After the visit I moved it back in its isolated room, no problem! Here the growth started to slow again, to me it seemed like the boost in CO2 really made a diffence while in our bedroom. So now we are here 1700 more dollars later I have a new 5x5x7 grow tent with two 315 WATTS LEC Fixtures, and four young plants I threw in there to get going in soil, i want to run both side by side to see the contrast.

ANYHOW HERE ARE PICS!

Sent from my SM-T217S using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1972545404.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1082720905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1443934875.jpg
420-magazine-mobile460519991.jpg
420-magazine-mobile281651208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I have been struggling as a new grower, with this being my first grow I expected some challenge but I'm dedicated to mastering the skill, and art of growing. I will be updating this journal every two to three days unless I see some major changes as to not bore you guys with every mundane detail. I welcome any advice and tips.

no doubt, thanks for all the advice. I will post some more pics in a few, just got home from work. Do you have any threads on here that you feel would help me? Who are the peeps to follow on here?

no doubt, thanks for all the advice. I will post some more pics in a few, just got home from work. Do you have any threads on here that you feel would help me? Who are the peeps to follow on here?

Lol everyone!! But there's some great ones check the monthly plant of the month contest and you'll see who got it going on...

KiG :green_heart:

Wow! the girls are really starting to perk up. The ties I used for some LST came loose. They stood back up all by themselves. Time to start training some more! Also here are some pics!

PH 6.38
PPM 100
AIR 75.6°F
Rez 69.6°F
RH 62%

420-magazine-mobile107613474.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1397710628.jpg
420-magazine-mobile359688813.jpg

420-magazine-mobile277597901.jpg
420-magazine-mobile221103071.jpg

Try to lst from the top so u can get the lower shots to become tops...
pays off in the end after you get mass colas on one plants .. best for scrog.

looks awesome dude keep going i just updated mine. :thumb:

Farmthekush's Soil Great White Shark & Sour Diesel - First Grow Teaser!

Thanks!!! Was thinking the same thing about LST'n from the top. About to check out your journal too!

SPREAD PEACE, LOVE, AND MUSIC!!!.️.️.

Update:

The girls are looking better every day now. I am still trying to get the roots to grow more, I don't know if it's because the rock wool is constantly wet, or because of something I am now giving them. I have been supplementing the feeding schedule of Supernatural Gro Aqua with Root 66, Thrive alive B-1 green, and sugar daddy. The plants seem to like it in the amounts I have been giving it to them. I topped the Rez off with 48oZ of light nutrient water with the 2ml of Thrive alive Green, 5ml of root 66, and 10ml of Sugar Daddy. Going to take some photos of the roots and post it in another post. Going to order some voodoo juice. Is it too late to hope that mychorrizae could help root development?

PH 6.3
RH 50%
Rez Temp 68°F
Air Temp 75°F
PPM 950

Photos:
420-magazine-mobile471280839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2092103753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile171170199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile29383156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1126048748.jpg

Here are the roots. I know some may want to jump to the easiest diagnoses and say it's root rot, but my roots were white until I started using the Thrive Alive Green, Root 66, and Sugar daddy. They all have kelp in it and turn the roots brown. The plants are still drinking a lot it water. I'm just worried about nute uptake.

Here are some pics of the roots. Any advice?
420-magazine-mobile1982675227.jpg
420-magazine-mobile110632818.jpg

So I decided to move these girls into my 5x5x7 grow tent, hopefully they will be happier with more space! I had four younger GSCs in soil in here at first, they're taking these girls space in the grow cabinet. I am using 315 Watt SunSystem LECs, I am only running one right now, will use the other as it causes for it. I will be building a SCROG in the next week does anyone have any suggested instructions? I could even attach a trellis to the poles of the tent, I am guessing.

Ph6.3
Rez 68°F
ppm 1000
Air 75°F
RH 45%
Here are pics.
420-magazine-mobile473825245.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1326023965.jpg

Here are more pics of the roots as well. I am hoping there is something I can do to help them grow more.

420-magazine-mobile49059591.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1827776831.jpg

So I picked some hygrozyme going to mix a new solution today and see how it goes for a week.

420-magazine-mobile1403864074.jpg

Back
Top Bottom