First Indoor Grow!

Recklessjoint

Let me start off by saying that i have limited knowledge and no indoor grow experience.. i have successfully harvested maybe half a dozen or so outdoor summer grows like 10 years ago.. but now that i have the space and privacy i planned and setup my first indoor grow!! i am beyond excited and everyday i crack that zipper and see the progress i get so giddy like a little school girl.. Anyway i figured that starting a journal will help me keep track of my progress, introduce myself to the community here, and allow me to gain input on my progress from the more experienced growers out there and hell maybe even help out some of the new guys like myself..

My setup
apollo horticulture 4x2x5 tent
2 mars hydro 300w leds
carbon filter with apollo 6in fan
2 small fans to circulate air
and growing in 3 gal pots with organic soil from home depot feeding fox farm trio nutes grow big big bloom and tiger bloom
my temps are pretty consistant ranging from 75f to 82f lights on and 65f to 72f lights off with a humidity of around 30-40%.. the ac was turned off for a lil while in the house today and i hit my all time high of 84f

Now im growing from bag seed on my first grow just to get my hands dirty with the new indoor set up before i spend anymore money on seeds.. i had a hard enough time convincing my girlfriend that the aprox $550ish that i already spent was worth it..(she dont smoke trees so its stupid to her lol) originally i wanted to go for 3 mars 300w's but i decieded on 2 and left the option open to add a 3rd later if i felt it was needed.. I have 4 of the same seed going onto day 19ish from first planting my germinated seeds and 1 other random seed within its first week of life still.. kinda just threw it in there last min for the hell of it.. i had wanted to do a scrog setup but because i dont know my plants sex yet i didnt want to get that involed into a scrog and have to try and pull any males out of the screen later on down the road. tonight i did my first toppings, i fim'ed my smallest of the 4, did a regular top on the next smallest and the largest, and tried an unlce bens toppoing on the last which was one of the largest 2 .. i have never tried an unlce bens topping before and i must say i found it rather hard to cut so much healthy growth off the top of such a beauty.. i have also never tried fim'ing before so i figuered ill use this grow as somewhat of a earning curve before i go and order some feminized seeds.. i also do a lil lst almost every night but just by gently bending down the branches slightly.. nothing to crazy yet but i plan to do some super cropping and more intense training as they develop.. i follow a feeding schedule of feed, nothing, plain water, nothing, feed and so on..i mix and follow the fox farm nute schedule. here are some pics of my setup and some before and after my toppings tonight..enjoy!! all feedback is appreciated and ill try to stay up to date with my progress.. pay no mind to the small jade plant in the corner thats just my girlfriends plant she is trying to bring back to life..
20160424_220514.jpg
20160424_220523.jpg
20160424_220526.jpg
20160424_220944.jpg
20160424_220955.jpg
20160424_221820.jpg
20160424_221946.jpg

Let me start off by saying that i have limited knowledge and no indoor grow experience.. i have successfully harvested maybe half a dozen or so outdoor summer grows like 10 years ago.. but now that i have the space and privacy i planned and setup my first indoor grow!! i am beyond excited and everyday i crack that zipper and see the progress i get so giddy like a little school girl.. Anyway i figured that starting a journal will help me keep track of my progress, introduce myself to the community here, and allow me to gain input on my progress from the more experienced growers out there and hell maybe even help out some of the new guys like myself..

My setup
apollo horticulture 4x2x5 tent
2 mars hydro 300w leds
carbon filter with apollo 6in fan
2 small fans to circulate air
and growing in 3 gal pots with organic soil from home depot feeding fox farm trio nutes grow big big bloom and tiger bloom
my temps are pretty consistant ranging from 75f to 82f lights on and 65f to 72f lights off with a humidity of around 30-40%.. the ac was turned off for a lil while in the house today and i hit my all time high of 84f

Now im growing from bag seed on my first grow just to get my hands dirty with the new indoor set up before i spend anymore money on seeds.. i had a hard enough time convincing my girlfriend that the aprox $550ish that i already spent was worth it..(she dont smoke trees so its stupid to her lol) originally i wanted to go for 3 mars 300w's but i decieded on 2 and left the option open to add a 3rd later if i felt it was needed.. I have 4 of the same seed going onto day 19ish from first planting my germinated seeds and 1 other random seed within its first week of life still.. kinda just threw it in there last min for the hell of it.. i had wanted to do a scrog setup but because i dont know my plants sex yet i didnt want to get that involed into a scrog and have to try and pull any males out of the screen later on down the road. tonight i did my first toppings, i fim'ed my smallest of the 4, did a regular top on the next smallest and the largest, and tried an unlce bens toppoing on the last which was one of the largest 2 .. i have never tried an unlce bens topping before and i must say i found it rather hard to cut so much healthy growth off the top of such a beauty.. i have also never tried fim'ing before so i figuered ill use this grow as somewhat of a earning curve before i go and order some feminized seeds.. i also do a lil lst almost every night but just by gently bending down the branches slightly.. nothing to crazy yet but i plan to do some super cropping and more intense training as they develop.. i follow a feeding schedule of feed, nothing, plain water, nothing, feed and so on..i mix and follow the fox farm nute schedule. here are some pics of my setup and some before and after my toppings tonight..enjoy!! all feedback is appreciated and ill try to stay up to date with my progress.. pay no mind to the small jade plant in the corner thats just my girlfriends plant she is trying to bring back to life..
20160424_220514.jpg
20160424_220523.jpg
20160424_220526.jpg
20160424_220944.jpg
20160424_220955.jpg
20160424_221820.jpg
20160424_221946.jpg
Interested in seeing it turns out with 2 300 mars I have one with 3 gsc autoflowers and want to grab another mars for next run if just one isn't anuff
From what i can see the Temps are the same and humidity as well so I'm interested in seeing your journal if you don't mind good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using 420

Interested in seeing it turns out with 2 300 mars I have one with 3 gsc autoflowers and want to grab another mars for next run if just one isn't anuff
From what i can see the Temps are the same and humidity as well so I'm interested in seeing your journal if you don't mind good luck!

so far im pretty pleased with the mars 300's i have them hung about 18in from soil level and my daily growth is very noticeable.. in hind sight im thinking a 4in fan and filter combo may have been a better choice.. i spray the tent down 2 times a day and keep a dish of water in the corner and so far i cant get past 40% humidity which is fine for flowering but id like them levels a lil higher for vegging.. the speed controller on my fan is at the absolute lowest it can go before being off so i dont see anyway of getting my humidity up any higher without turning it off or adding a humidifier.. but i guess i could have worst probs then that at this point.. the first pic is from 4 days ago and the 2nd is the same plant tonight.. pretty decent growth id say for only 4 days.. i also have the fan vented straight into the attic.. the very last pic was from 12 days ago so the progress has been pretty good id say with the mars 300's
20160420_155312.jpg
20160424_220955.jpg
20160424_220445.jpg
20160412_065549.jpg

these plants also spent the first week and half of life under a single 26w cfl practiclly touching the plants while i was awaiting my shipment of equipment.. they could have been prob even a lil more developed had they been under proper light from the gate..

these plants also spent the first week and half of life under a single 26w cfl practiclly touching the plants while i was awaiting my shipment of equipment.. they could have been prob even a lil more developed had they been under proper light from the gate..
Looks good I can say led is good for both veg and flower but ppl have their own favorite choice of light I feel as long as you have good lumens your good to go no matter if it's clf or whatever! !looks great keep it up

top that plant twice then throw into flower looks like huge foliage that usually leads to mites , open it up and get atleast four main colas and clear any under foliage

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

but wow gorgeous leaves your vegging her beautifully using rain water I presume? please let us know what strain that is

top her once atleast then let her stretch a bit so there is lots of room for bud growth if you top then flower right after you can fuck yourself with mites also .... wait two weeks after topping leaving a lot of room for bud growth

420-magazine-mobile40928113.jpg

I topped this one 18 times

I have 36 main colas because of upper light, also use side light for more swelling. and always spin plant daily. more light larger swell. after 5 weeks can remove most indica strain leaves.

I don't know what strain it is wish I did.. I'm going from bag seed on this first round to get familar with my new setup and trying some topping techniques that I've never done before.. then I'll be ordering some feminized seed for the next grow and probably gonna scrog as well..there is some before and after topping pics in my first post and I'll also post some pics tonight when it's been a full 24hrs since topping last night.. I peeked in the tent this am before leaving for work and they have already started some noticeable response just from over night.. I'm just using tap water that I fill containers with and leave open for a few days to allow any chlorine to evaporate out..

just a small update.. about 24hrs from first topping and they are looking great!! feed as well with there scheduled fox farm nutes.. i used uncle bens topping for 1 fim'ed 1 and regular topped the other 2..

20160425_205304.jpg
20160425_205313.jpg
20160425_205339.jpg
20160425_205348.jpg
20160425_205415.jpg
20160425_205431.jpg
20160425_205445.jpg

Ok guys so quick question but first a quick update.. its been 3 days since topping and all plants are doing awesome! tonight is supposed to be plain water night but ima skip the watering as the soil is still quite moist from the other nights feeding.. My largest plant is bushing like a mofo since topping! but the upper most fan leaves seem to be shooting up past the new tops and covering them up quite a bit.. should i snip them off or just let them go? the following pics are all of the same plant.. when i lift the leaves up there is ton of shoot areas getting completely covered by the larger leaves.. so i thought it would be best to remove them to allow the light to get to the other areas.. just wanted to get your guys input on it before i go snipping them off..
20160427_194108.jpg
20160427_194059.jpg
20160427_194048.jpg
20160427_194037.jpg

its kinda hard to see in the pics but the top set of fan leaves stick up quite a bit over everything else.. in the second pic im actually holding them down a bit i wanted to point out the 2 i was thinking about removing..

Ok guys so quick question but first a quick update.. its been 3 days since topping and all plants are doing awesome! tonight is supposed to be plain water night but ima skip the watering as the soil is still quite moist from the other nights feeding.. My largest plant is bushing like a mofo since topping! but the upper most fan leaves seem to be shooting up past the new tops and covering them up quite a bit.. should i snip them off or just let them go? the following pics are all of the same plant.. when i lift the leaves up there is ton of shoot areas getting completely covered by the larger leaves.. so i thought it would be best to remove them to allow the light to get to the other areas.. just wanted to get your guys input on it before i go snipping them off..
20160427_194108.jpg
20160427_194059.jpg
20160427_194048.jpg
20160427_194037.jpg
Yea bro snip them it will recover and all them will start growing I've done it lots of times it'd better than topping to me get job keep up the good work!

I have thought about lst.. I wasn't sure if it was to early or not to start tying the plant down in anyway.. I've been gently bending branches downward but with in no time they are right back to where they were.. but I wound up tucking those 2 fan leaves as low and out of the way as I could and tied them to the lower set of fan leaves below..

Back
Top Bottom