45 Gallon Smart Pot - 1000W HPS - GG4 - Indoor

What strain is it? GG4
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, flipping to flower in 4 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If soil... what is in your mix? Peat moss, perlite, lava rock, home made ewc, rock dust, oyster shell powder, crustacean meal, and gypsum. I mulch, cover crop, foliar, and top dress as well.
If soil... What size pot? 45g smart pot
Size of light? 1k hps
Is it aircooled? Yes
Size of grow space? 4x4 tent
Temp of Room/cab? 75-105 depending on the day
RH of Room/cab? 35-50
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? Enough to keep it moist but not wet
Type and strength of ferts used? High quality ewc/compost, different meals in the soil and for tea/foliars, and botanical teas from the plants I grow

IMG_20160502_203934_hdr.jpg
IMG_20160425_215444_hdr.jpg

Hi GF, thanks for joining. My soil was mixed outside and mulched with stinging nettles. I had this batch sitting outside for around 3 weeks. The soil is the Clackamas Coots mix with small personal changes. The plant in this pot was vegged in a 15g hard pot, then put in this 45g smart pot with a kiddie pool underneath for flower. After I transplanted, I sowed a mixture of 9 types of seeds. This is my cover crop, I'm using this in place of mulching right now. Soon this grass will be cut down and reused by the soil as a healthy mulch while the plant is flowering.

The cilantro in there is for fun, and the radishes are an experiment.

Thanks GF.

I utilize the local weeds to build my soil. I plant cover crops for future uses. I want to get to the point where every weed has a use, be it soil development or chicken/duck food, which eventually goes back to the soil. Bales of straw > bottles of roundup!!

I made it. :battingeyelashes: :love: I was admiring your living mulch on the last journal. I have a couple pots that I desperately need to seed. The pot in the closet has finally begin to establish clover, but I neglected the other pots. Hopefully you'll inspire me to pull the seeds out tomorrow and broadcast some.

I'll be tagging Along too. Are any of those pest deterring weeds under your plant? That would be a brilliant idea for outdoor critters. Your girl certainly is loving that massive pot she's in. Good luck to you, I'll be here watching as she grows...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

The cover crop doesn't include any pest deterring plants. I have a herb garden outside with all I need for botanical teas and essential oil extraction. I'm hoping to set up an extraction area this summer. I don't worry about bugs or pests, my soil along with foliars keep the bad bugs away. I try to prevent problems instead of reacting to them.

May I pull up a chair? I'm in the process of cooking my own soil mix, and heading towards organics. I need to get on cover crops sooner rather than later though. Thanks for the reminder!

just saw the 45g title and had to check it out. looks pretty good there.

just saw the 45g title and had to check it out. looks pretty good there.

In a few weeks the pics should be frosty and more entertaining. I'll switch to 12/12 in the next 3-10 days. Kelp/alfalfa/neem/karanja watering tomorrow. Whenever I get around to putting the bamboo in and tie the plant down with Velcro I'll start flowering. Corn SST in a week or so.

Congrats on PoM UF!

I have to ask, what is in your soil mix, and how long are you composting/cooking for?

Peat moss/soil mix, earth worm castings, vermiculite, bone meal, blood meal, and kelp meal. First water was with fish tank water (I don't use chemicals in my tanks). I'll be getting alfalfa meal and more castings for tea once I get there. It's been cooking about a week, but will likely go another few. I'll be filling pots and planting clover once it's done until I can have another round of girls.

Peat moss/soil mix, earth worm castings, vermiculite, bone meal, blood meal, and kelp meal. First water was with fish tank water (I don't use chemicals in my tanks). I'll be getting alfalfa meal and more castings for tea once I get there. It's been cooking about a week, but will likely go another few. I'll be filling pots and planting clover once it's done until I can have another round of girls.

Unless you put in huge amounts of bone and blood meal, it would be more beneficial to get the soil in pots and the clover planted. If it isn't hot when you put your hand in it, go ahead.

Did you add any oyster shell powder, crustacean meal, gypsum, or minerals?

Unless you put in huge amounts of bone and blood meal, it would be more beneficial to get the soil in pots and the clover planted. If it isn't hot when you put your hand in it, go ahead.

Did you add any oyster shell powder, crustacean meal, gypsum, or minerals?

That's it, that's all. Local access is limited and online is budget restricted unfortunately.

It's not hot, but I still need to get clover before I can plant it lol.

Back
Top Bottom