Cylob's - Indoor - CK White Cookies - Grow Journal - 2016

cylob

hello!

i am new here and to the process.

here's what i am working on so far :

crop king WHITE COOKIES seeds (germ'd 3 and 2 took)
60% indica
indoor 4x2x5ft high tent
organic soil PH neutral with some perlite
started in jiffy peat pots
900w MARS HYDRO II LED light
RH range 36-51%
PH all tests so far are in the under 7 range with a cheap meter
no pests
water ever 2-3 days using methods gleaned from reading here!
using a GH flora series performance pack plus GO cal/mag into RO water
all water has been PH checked to 6.5
nutrients have been 1/2 the amount of the seedling chart on the box
nutrients have been cycled 2 waters with nutes, 1 with RO water with cal/mag

in honour of the death of one of my heroes, these girls are called PRINCESS and CAMILLE.

here's some photos :

day 4

day 14

day 17

following on from my first post...

by this point i was getting nervous about them being on the small side.
they look nice and healthy, but i guess when you spend ages and ages looking at other journals and stuff on the net, expectations might run a bit large! LOL i did raise the 900w LED light a bit to see if they would stretch up.

i was also nervous about my temp ranges.

here's a selection :

day 4 arc 63-77F RH 36-50%
day 14 arc 62-75F RH 36-50%
day 17 arc 63.6-75.7F RH 36-48%
day 19 arc 60.6-75.9F RH 38-50%
day 21 arc 60.6-75.9F RH 36-51% PH under 7 with a cheap meter.

and some more photos

day 19

day 21 PRINCESS

day 21 CAMILLE

day 21 PRINCESS (white light)

day 21 CAMILLE (white light)

my pics are taken just post watering, so you can see the leaves are still hanging a little bit. i am trying so so hard not to over-water! so i have been using the cheap-o meter and weight as well as seeing the leaves dip a little bit.

that brings me up to date. you can see they did grow up and stretch a bit but i still wonder if they are a bit on the small side?? also, i noticed that CAMILLE is a day or so behind. when i germ'd them, the one had a longer tap root than the other. she sprouted first by a day. *i forgot to mention in my first post these are feminized seeds.

i would love if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for me.

i plan on transplanting them to 25 litre pots very soon.
as well, i'd like to mainline/manifold them and do LST to keep a nice level area.

so following up on yesterday's post, i went ahead a transplanted my 2 WHITE COOKIES fems into 25 litre pots.

i added a bit more perlite to ensure a good flow and i used hard plastic pots that have holes all on the sides and bottom.

i did the switch right before the lights were to come on, so by the time i was done there was only a few minutes until the LED kicked in and i did a water at the same time i had been doing it previously. the soil was already pretty damp, so i only added a bit of water around where the circumference of the peat pot was to make sure it will easily break down.

here's some photos to show how they look :

day 22 - PRINCESS

keep funky, my friends!!

day 22 - CAMILLE

day 22 - group photo (CAMILLE on the left, PRINCESS on the right)

i would love it if anyone had any advice or tips for me.

and if anyone else has any WHITE COOKIES experience, i'd love to hear from you!

Looking good there, I know what you mean about looking at other journals and thinking yours look small, but the one thing ive noticed is that pics can be deceiving. Also different types of lights of different grow patterns.

Ive not used leds but how far away is your light? im sure i read somewhere around 30 inches was optimal.

Also as you said your looking a doing a LST and mainline type grow I went for something similar, flipped to 12/12 about a week ago so still plenty to see, they are about 2.5ft tall now and the main stem is running about 1 cm above the soil

Looking good there, I know what you mean about looking at other journals and thinking yours look small, but the one thing ive noticed is that pics can be deceiving. Also different types of lights of different grow patterns.

Ive not used leds but how far away is your light? im sure i read somewhere around 30 inches was optimal.

thanks for the kind words welshpony.

the manufacturer was kind enough to send me this little chart for my 900w LED!

24-30 inches for seedling
18-24 inches for veg
12-18 inches for flower

so when i first started, mine were at 24 and i was wondering if the light was too much for them. so i moved it up a few inches to between 27-28 for 10 or so days. and today i switched the pots, so it's back to being at 24. they did stretch a little bit for sure...

the other thing i am not sure about is using both wavelengths at once. i read some people on here say they keep both on all the time. i put in a question to the manufacturer, so let's see what they have to say.

My current grow I vegged under a duel spectrum HPS and its now flowering. Seedling and when in veg plants use more of the blue wavelength and in flowering they use more red spectrum. Its how it tells when its time to get ready to die, in the autumn the light has more red wavelengths and we just replicate that indoors.
Thats not to say you cant use both spectrum's at once a lot of people do (myself for one) in fact its likely to be a bit benefical as even in spring summer there is still some red wavelength.

If thats makes sense good lol, im pretty stoned right now :)

Anytime time my friend, just hope I can help in some way :) LST opens up your grow to bigger yields, my first grow was a white widow under CFL's with some LST wasnt to bad its in the first few pages of my journal

here's an update on DAY 24!

they seem to have taken well to the transplant to the bigger pot. but i am paranoid the peat pots are holding on for dear life. :) i made sure they were wet when i did the transplant and also that they were totally buried.

i am still a bit concerned about the temp ranges since i switched as well. now we're running an arc of 67-86F. i think that might be a bit low and a bit high. so i have been trying things to raise in the day when the lights are out, and lower now that the massive amount of soil holds the temp and raises it when the light is on.

after opening the vents and putting a fan on one side, it's dropped back to 80-81. let's see if it holds through the night.

anyone have any thoughts on temps?

and some photos to show where they're at :

PRINCESS - day 24 (photo taken with flash)

CAMILLE - day 24 (photo taken with flash)

i am still concerned about the height of them. the health seems good. PH is good. next time i take pics, i will
use a ruler so everyone can see the actual sizes, but i'd guess around 4 inches or 10 cm tall.

but i am pretty happy as overall, them look pretty sweet!!

Ive found CFL's dont seem to give the growth spurts you were probably expecting, its more of a slower growth in my opinion.
Its early days yet you look to be around the 3 or 4 set of true leaves and they are looking really healthy which is the main thing as long as you keep doing what your doing you will be rewarded for it :)

Have you thought about topping/fimming or LST?

Ive found CFL's dont seem to give the growth spurts you were probably expecting, its more of a slower growth in my opinion.
Its early days yet you look to be around the 3 or 4 set of true leaves and they are looking really healthy which is the main thing as long as you keep doing what your doing you will be rewarded for it :)

Have you thought about topping/fimming or LST?

it was my plan to top and LST. but at the moment, i think these girls are still too small. i was hoping around day 30 might be the time.
fingers crossed!

i am also giving serious thought to putting two 70-80 day auto flower plants in the tent as well. that way i can arc and finish all at the same time. since these girls are slow, i think i will extra veg them and that will make sure i have ample time to work on maximizing the work done by topping and LST.

so if anyone has any experience with autos, i'd love to get a good recommendation on a strain.

I judge topping on how I want the plant to grow, I know a lot of people top at 4th or 5th node. This grow I did the LST gre about half way across my pot then topped, you should be able to start LST soon just got to be a little bit more gentle :)

Ive only done one auto, but you should have a look at what SweetSue done with a dark devil auto, my god it was gorgeous! Almost had me licking my screen haha

DAY 26 progress in small steps...

here's some pics of the girls on day 26. not much to report really. they are making slow progress and that is ok with me!

i did follow up on my prior post and get some auto seeds. i went with crop king NORTHERN LIGHTS. decent potency, high yields and a fast time at 8 weeks. so i think these WHITE COOKIES girls can be left to veg for ages and then there's no rush. the best thing about the seeds is i realized i got a 10 pack for the price of a 5 pack!

so two of them hit the paper towel today! fingers crossed on that front. i am going to go right into 11l/3gal pots.

here's some pics of where we are today!

PRINCESS - day 26

PRINCESS - day 26

CAMILLE - day 26

CAMILLE - day 26

thanks welshpony! :thanks:

today in anticipating good things in the future, i got some new 11L pots for the CK NL auto i just started...

i swapped out 2 spare 25L ones that i had that were too big. the store was cool and gave me credit.
so i only had to add a few bucks to get these ones and nice matching trays, which suit autos well at a little more than 3 gallons or 11L.

i used my drill to put a bunch of extra holes into it for air. anyone have any thoughts on that? should
i do even more holes? that was the one good thing about the 25L pots, they have slits all around the side
and bottom.

but for a 4x2 tent, i hope these new pots allow a bit better fit. the lady who owns the garden centre said
that there is no difference in square and round pots if your plant is in the right size vessel. if the roots bunch
in the corner of the square pot, its time to up pot it!

and i noticed one of these has already sprouted and the second looks a bit behind but ready to split.

so it should only be a few days tops before i need to use these new pots!!

Square pots fit better, its strangely satisfying for me haha.

Im running rootnurse pots (fabric) with the purpose of air pruning the roots, in my plastic pots ive only got drainage holes in the bottom. I like the idea of root oxygenation from air holes around the pot though, may get run off out of them them...

I think theres enough holes in there, maybe you could add more to one and do a side by side and see if it makes any difference

Back
Top Bottom