Blulezard - Outdoor - Nirvana Seeds - Grow Journal - 2016

blulezard

Hi every one! A first time grower here. :surf:

Just starting a grow journal to be sure to do the right things and to share that new eperience with people and also to find the motivation to not overdo, to find the motivation to be patient enough to have results!:xmas:

What strain is it? 2 Urban poison, 1 White widow, 1 Master Kush, 1 Freebie, 1 Northern Light all from Nirvana shop
Regular seeds
Hybrid
It just popped out of the soil, day 1
Outdoor. Mostly outdoor but as im in a 12/12 cycle i do put them under light every morning from 00h00 to 06H00 and then outdoors
Soil, Dalton seedling miks
1liter pots
150 watts cfl warm and cool daylight
It is aircooled and vented
At night around 24°C, day when in tent never above 29°C
Watering: just spayed once everday until it popped out.
First day outdoor under a plastic translucent sheet. Will water when soil is dry i've learned a few lessons...

I've got the foksfarm trio ferts and other organics stuff.
I first bought the trio pack thinking that it was organic but just bigbloom is. I will still use it but i want to give a chance to organics grow. Im thinking of doing a miks of soil and good stuff but im not quite there....

Ok as mentioned above where i live we are under a 12/12 cycle so if i want to have plants with good shape i have to give them light for the vegetative stage and then put them in nature for flowering period.
My plan is to give them lights until they reach a good size good shape and then i put them out in nature. It gives me around 3 months to prepare the place where i will put them.

They are in 1 Liter pots right now in a dalton seedling miks and im not going to give them food until at least a month! (i have burned quite a few of the older sisters...) I havent choosen the soil miks for transplant but i will try to use a cheap one that im going to ameliorate... or maybe a really good one that i don't need to ameliorate... not too sure yet.
:morenutes:

My first mission is to give them love, time, light and no food!!! that is not so hard i guess!

Thanks for reading! :thumb:

Hi all! DAY 4 :thumb:

Here are some pictures of the set up i've got and the seedlings that sprouted a few days ago.

DSC044813.JPG

Here is the set up i've got for night time. I've got around 175 watts of CFL's maybe a lot for seedlings im not so sure but as they stay under it for 6 hours every night i guess its ok. I also have an 8 watts little fan blowing on them constantly (slightly above them) and a air etractor that blows about 3 cubic meters an hour. The cabinet is 180 cm Height, 1 m long and 65 cm deep. Reflectors are the stuff for the cars ( i don't know how it is called) and temperature is variable between 20°C (cold nights) to 29°C (warm days if they stay in the cabinet.) I usually put them out though as sun is the best light provider for plants...

DSC044857.JPG

Here is Northern light at day 4, a bit late. It took time for it to break the seed shell. The top of one cotyledon looks burnt i don't know why, if not burnt maybe rotten (it is brown yellow, not nice looking)

DSC044867.JPG

Here is Urban poison 1, took even more time to break the seed shell, had to help.

DSC044926.JPG

Here is a freebie of nirvana day 4

DSC044908.JPG

Here is white widow Day 7 a bit late too, bugs in the dirt. It has only 1 cotyledon i think the 2nd one has been eaten...

DSC044896.JPG

here is Urban poison 2, Day 4 looking good.

DSC044939.JPG

Here is Master Kush day 4.

DSC044949.JPG

Here is another Northern light, it was going very great until i decided to feed it and put under the sun after having spend two days under lights coz of bad weather. I did burn a few nice looking plants that im not going to show. lol Not needed! :p

DSC044978.JPG
DSC044999.JPG
DSC044987.JPG

Here are the ferts i've got. Im not sure about what to use yet. I will see after a months coz i don't want to feed before a months old. Still because of the burned plants. I could be called the burning man... Gooood please!

DSC045016.JPG

And right now they are all in that miks for seedlings. I have no clue for the NPK in there coz it is not mentioned.

Please feel free to comment and advise me when ever you want. i have no clue of what is coming nekst and what to wait for...
A question i ask myself a lot is When should i start feeding them and how? I tried a few times always did a least 1/4 of what is recommended and always end up burning them. How about leaf feeding? Arg i will wait for a month unless you guys advise me not to wait that long...

Thanks people! Great day!

:Namaste:

Welcome BlueLezard, hope you don't mind me subbing up here.

I'm a soilless guy, so don't take my word for much, but I'd expect your 4 week waiting period sounds about right. Seedlings don't need nutes, and I'd guess that soil mix will carry them well into veg.

High every one! :welcome:

Here are some updates! Not much as it is the very beginning of the story...
All the seedlings are going great till now. They spend the last 4 days in the cabinet as i was away for 2 days and then the bad weather decided to hit where i live. So the thing i will have to fight against once the sun is back is the desire to put the babies right under it for their greatest pleasure. i know they won't like it at all...

I've got some minor issues already with one of the seedling. Here is a picture of Master Kush day 7:
DSC045054.JPG
DSC045045.JPG

As you can see the new growth is growing yellow. A few yellow stain are visible on the first leaves as weel. I've seen it on my last attempt to grow weed when i was away for five days. i was all ecited to see how they did that day and when i came back all of the seedlings i had had turned Yellow almost white... the growth wa svery slow...
Could it be too much light? i always think that the sun is the biggest provider of light and that with cfls i cant have too much of light... It could be wrong at this stage right?

i also put pictures of the 2 late babies that are now in progression:

DSC045109.JPG

Ok here is Northern light it took a few days to crack the seed shell and push the kind of protective translucent part away. It now begins to grow and has quite a huge stem for that age.

DSC045127.JPG

This one is, Urban poison 1, same problem than above but now its getting better for them. Hopefully they are going to rock some boats!

Both have weirdos colors on the cotyledons, it turns brownish, rottenish, i don't knowish... I guess it did start to rot.

Anyways it is going ok until now.
I've found 2 really interesting things recently that i post today here they are.

Nutrient_Chart28.gif

pH chart.
I do check my pH and adjust it with vinegar as my tap water that i store for a day or more (for the chlorine thing) is turning around pH 8, pH 8.1.

And that last thing that is really interesting and very important for sure is an eplanation of how to water weed in pots... that is a great article. Very thanks to Arteekay for the interesting signature he has!
The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

Ps: Feel free to jump in and correct me if i'm wrong in any ways! It will be a great pleasure to learn from pros!
Sorry for the poor quality pictures, i've got the cheapest camera of the island.

Cheers all! :thumb:

Hey there here is an uptdate.:welcome:
Day 7, Veg, entry 3[/U]

All is good till now. I did lift up the light a bit. Now it is 20cm above the highest plant.
After 4 days in the cabinet with just artificial lights the plants seem not to be happy. Yellow colored leaves...
It cant be Nitrogen deficiency yet as cotyledons are still there and it is very young. Can it?

I assume it is an overdose of light. I did some research on light bleach and couldn't find anyone saying that they have yellow new growth because of too much light but hell it can't be a lack of any nutrient now, right?
If anyone have suggestions to do, please feel free!

Here are a few pictures of them.

DSC045478.JPG

Freebie from nirvana, day 7. the quickest! That plant wants to grow! :)

DSC045468.JPG

Urban poison 2 day 7

DSC0454910.JPG

Master Kush day 7

DSC045535.JPG

White widow day 10

DSC045547.JPG

Norther light day 7, tips of cotyledons a bit brown.

DSC045596.JPG

Tiny little Urban poison 1 day 7. We can see the cotyledons brownish not beautiful at all... But it wants to grow too! The only first leave it has is just so pretty haha! :thumb:

DSC045606.JPG

DSC045615.JPG

The lot in there place for today! A bit of sun today i put them under a plastic sheet with tomatoes and capsicum babies...
In the back ground there are a few more that i burned with sun and nuts... im using them as prototypes. I will train myself on them lol i feel sorry for them but that is for a good! :Namaste:

Great day and thanks for reading! :thanks:

I would love to be able to grow outdoors in a country where its allowed. Id grow as much as my land would fit, if its 100 plants it would be 100 :) Just the fact thats its illegal u have to try make ur grow room invisible, and those things make it uncomfortable a lot.

And here is a link I found usefullfor myself, its long, but worth any time reading it. You will find many new things to urself.

weedeasy.com
(Just get rid of that dot between grow weed)

Find a sym[ptom which is close to yours and click on image, it will bring u to a guide what and how to do.

Good luck, hope u find what u need.

I would love to be able to grow outdoors in a country where its allowed. Id grow as much as my land would fit, if its 100 plants it would be 100 :) Just the fact thats its illegal u have to try make ur grow room invisible, and those things make it uncomfortable a lot.

And here is a link I found usefullfor myself, its long, but worth any time reading it. You will find many new things to urself.

weedeasy.com
(Just get rid of that dot between grow weed)

Find a sym[ptom which is close to yours and click on image, it will bring u to a guide what and how to do.

Good luck, hope u find what u need.

Hey popG thanks for your links. i went through it but still not sure what the problem is. But its all good yellow leaves seems to go back to their green color...
And for the 100 i'm sure we all wish the same hehe!

Cheers!

Day 12 entry 4:

Here is an uptdate and pictures of the babies!
I've got a new AK48 which is 4 days old now.
DSC0459410.JPG

I noticed a few tips burnt and i don't understand. I haven't put any substances in any ways and it does look like a few plants have light nute burnt to me... A few plants also suffered from sun burn as one day i didn't pay attention but with the angle of sun, the seedlings weren't protected by the plastic sheet and stayed a bit longer under direct sunlight.

DSC045919.JPG

here is white widow day 15, with sunburn on the first set of true leaves and the second ones are dropping a bit maybe because of that too??..

DSC045929.JPG

Here the master kush day 12, have the tips of the first set of true leaves burnt buy nute or sun or heat i really don't know.

DSC045938.JPG

urban poison 1 is still really tiny and takes her time! the cotyledon didn't get big like other during germination. I wonder if it lacks the nutrients they are supposed to give...

DSC045896.JPG

Here is northern light day 12. she took her time at first but seems to be ok now.

DSC045888.JPG

Here is urban poison 2 day 12

DSC045868.JPG

And then freebie day 12. we can't really see it on the picture but there is a tiny burnt at the very tip of one leaf maybe nothing. Maybe over worrying...

I also watered all of them last night with tap water stored open for a few days adjusted to pH 6,3. Havent check the run of but i will nekst time. I didn't want to give ferts too early but i'm thinking of feeding them at 3 weeks instead of 4... I will start with big bloom which has a very small amount of NPK 0,01/0,3/0,7

Hope you guys can advice me and hope your grow goes nice and smooth!
cheers:Namaste:

Ok I was curious and prepared a bit of water pH to 6,3 and water freebie just enough to get a small amount of run off. measured it and it was 5,5... Should i water with a higher pH to compensate or i read i can add lime to the soil but how as it is already in pots...
i'm gonna make some reads and hopefully find a solution.
Any advice are welcome. really ! ;)
Cheers!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom