Shiggityflip - Follow The Yellow Brix Road With The Perfect Sun 1000

Hey all, Shiggityflip here with a sponsored journal from Black Diamond Grow lights. Featuring the Perfect Sun 1000, a 520 watt light that puts out heavy PAR numbers, competing directly with the output below a 1000w HPS. I first started working with this light last grow, you can see it here in this link:

The Introduction of the Perfect Sun 1000 on an agramover.

Here is a short video showing the light moving. Expect more videos coming as the grow progresses!
[video]

How to grow marijuana free lessons

Specs (from GPC)

Weight: 20lbs (light weight for LED)
-
Size: Length 2 feet 4 inches--width 1 foot--hight 3 inches

LEDs: Mostly Bridgelux - Hi Powered 5w, 240 LEDs

Life Span: 50,000 hours (That is over 10 years if on every day for 12 hours a day)

The whole light is Aluminum. Not cheap iron or steel like a lot of LED lights.

From two feet away the Par is 1460 and Lux is 80,000. It is insanely powerful

Footprint: The light covers 8 x 4 feet on a light mover. Without a light mover, the light covers 4 x 3.5 with high intensity, but it can cover 4x4.

Power comsumption: 520 watts (4.2 amps) on 110v outlets. On 220-240v outlets 2.1 amps.

She is a sexy beast of a light, super bright but with mostly white spectrum supplemented heavily with blue and red, and adding in some IR and UV light. Just check out this spectrum.

85558b_2a54690ab4f24a8ab124b7babf5a4708.jpg

I am really digging this light and so are the plants. The trichome level is on par with any thing else I have and the plants underneath have not had any hash tips. I think plants need some intensity in yellow and green to prevent hash tips. So the blurple lights will sometimes produce some hash tips if I am not careful! This light is lightweight and powerful, I wouldn't dream of running it at 18" distance without a light mover. Black diamond also has a new smaller light for those who don't have the room to run a perfect sun. Check both lights out at growpotcheaply.com

P5160830.JPG
P5160827.JPG
P5160831.JPG
P5160860.JPG
P5160864.JPG

Strains

Flying Dutchmen Twister

I received my coveted Twister back from a caretaking friend. Twister is a strain I started growing in the 90s, and have cloned her for almost two decades. She has not been available in seed form since the before the turn of the century. She smells more in Veg than most plants smell in flower. She has smooth stems and is a 60% sativa 40%Indica hybrid, whose origins are not known but speculated to be a NL#5 X Haze X Skunk#1. The Skunk part must be true because the Flying Dutchmen cross almost everything with their special Skunk#1 they have kept going since the Skunkman brought Skunk to Amsterdam. Twister is a low stretch plant that automatically bushes. She feels soapy to the touch and is smooth stemmed. She branches like crazy and will produce so many nodes close together it is just amazing to see. She finishes in 60 days and is my favorite smoke of all time. She smells of hash, Cat piss, and citrus, and I will grow her till the day I pass from this earth if I can!

Twister Pics are from my garden
P6030818.JPG
P6030822.JPG

Dynastygenetics Bluniverse

Strain Name:Bluniverse

Brand:Dynasty Genetics

Stable F1
Lineage:

Blue MAgoo x Ms.Universe #10

Parental Information

Mom- The Blue Magoo is an elite clone from Oregon that's been around since the 90s.. Her lineage is Blueberry x MajorLeagueBud(williams wonder f2) Berry, Roses and smells of incense permeate the area when this beauty is around..

Dad-The Ms.Universe #10 has an extremely high thc content, but is a very functional and long-lasting medicine. The #10 male carries a DessTar(Starship x KaliMist) Dominancy which brings the disco balls(aka resin glands) to the party, as well as a extra coating of frosting and sweet essence of fruit, caramel and spices...

Indica/Sativa %
50% Indica / 50% Sativa

Feminized Seeds?
No

Indoor / Outdoor

Indoor
Outdoor
Greenhouse
Bloom Length:8-9 weeks

# of Phenotypes? 3

Describe each phenotype expression:

Expect amazingly unique terpene and resin profile on all plants. Some of the best extracts await with this very special strain! expect slight variations between phenos.

Pheno #1- Blue Magoo Dom, Indica dominant structure with moderate stretch .75 and copious amounts of resin. Fastest blooming phono that can be harvested as early as 8 week.

Pheno #2- 50/50 between both parents. Good plant for scrog with a controllable stretch and amazing aromas ranging from a hazy/fruit salad with hints of sandalwood/vanilla and caramel.

pheno #3- Ms.Universe dominant plants with a bit more stretch (1-1.25x). smells of cherry/haze/vanilla/caramel with blueberry undertones.. yummm

Stretch:.75-1.25x

Resin Profile:Copious Resin

Odour Score:8

Odour Description:blueberry, cherry, vanilla spice

Flavour Score:9

Flavour Description:berry flavor with fruity haze undertones

Potency Score:9

High Type:strong heady high followed by sedating relaxation

Pic is from Dynastygenetics website

1465190_684213511610300_1462348065_n.jpg

DRZ 4Csins
COming from DRZ we have an interesting strain called 4Csins.

Lineage:
Mom: Carnival x Cotton Candy
Dad: Columbian Gold
Bloom time:?
Yield:?
Harvest:?
No pics of flowers yet!

Kingdom Organic Seeds Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon (poly)F1 Hybrid

Lineage: Dark Matter (m) x Boggle Dragon
Lighting: MH/LED/T5/Plasma
Recommended Growing Style: TLO (True Living Organics)
Yield: Very Large
Flowering Time Indoors: 68 -75 Days
Harvest Outdoors: Late October in Northern Hemispshere
Sativa/Indica/Rudi Ratios: 50/50 Sativa/Indica (approx)

The Dark Matter male used in this cross is a hybrid of Rusty Haze x Cherry Thunderfuck. This variety is very hearty with quite unique flavors and smells with large yields. The high-type is one that can cause some paranoia, but to me the Dark Matter is full of Dark Energy,nwith zero burnout and long legs and just a super fun ride.

The Boggle Dragon is BOGs Bogglegum male crossed to my Blue Dragon selected female, BOGs hybrid was an old NL #5 crossed to a Bubblegum and the Blue Dragon is Blue Rhino male crossed to a landrace Tibetan cultivar, my Tibetan Gold. I selected the Boggle Dragon female specifically to target the most awesome Tibetan high-type that runs dominant in the Dark Dragon hybrid.

The Dark Dragon works well topped or not and is one hell of a large yielding variety, she also has the most powerful strong smells of candied pink grapefruit which is also how she tastes, wow! A real gem here and her potency is extreme; a very good pick for commercial endeavors as she also grows easily, is highly resistant to stress, is super hearty and can get LARGE outdoors especially. Her flowers are large and long with impressive â"bag appeal"as we used to say, so check this one out; connoisseur cannabis right here.

EXTENDED BREEDER'S NOTES:

February 21, 2016:
There are at least a couple phenos as far as colors go. Some of them have dark purple petioles that look almost black. This was the first pheno I finished. They all have naturally (genetic) purple-ish petioles, so don't mistake this for a phosphorous issue. Topped and grown in slightly larger containers really pays off with these as far as really big yields.
The high-type of my first female is wicked full of sativa expressions as far as the edgy side of the ride, along with some decent energy, and long legs, 3 hours. If you are someone that tends to get paranoid when smoking certain varieties should be cautious; while I myself dont really get paranoid, puffing or not, I can tell this variety has that quality. The potency is intense, and the flavors are something like sweet guava fruit or something, seriously delicious and very smelly.

February 24, 2016
This variety has that *special* floral structure that makes her a primo candidate for outdoors near the coast. Her flowers are pretty dense, but not rock hard and this allows some airflow that is really good at avoiding things like Bud-Rot molds later in the season when rains or moisture becomes heavier.

TGA Shangrila

Fudo Myo-o X 9lb Hammer

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and imagine a world free of pain, stress and insomnia. A special place of peace and tranquility. This is a journey that Shangrila can take you on. Exhale as you enter a state of alert relaxation; great for mind and body relief. Experience a variation of sweet flavors including fruity grape and lemon-mango, to light coffee and spicy notes.

Many medical patients appreciate Shangrila for it's ability to suppress pain and relieve stress, while connoisseurs and growers alike admire this strain for its outstanding plant structure and high levels of frosty resin content.

Phenotypes: The first, most recognizable pheno is more bushy than stretchy. A more indica-like structure. This pheno often displays chunky nuggets densely coated in trichomes resting atop dark purple foliage. The impressively firm flowers ooze when harvested. The second notable pheno has obvious stretch early on, so a healthy topping in both vegging and flowering cycles are recommended. This pheno can exhibit a plethora of epic pineapple shaped kolas containing violet colored pistils peppered in dense, light green buds. Shangrila is a great terpene producer for extraction lovers.
Height: Medium to large stretch
Yield: This lady blesses growers with massive yields.
Recommended for Indoor and Outdoor.
Best way to grow: Topping if needed both early in vegging cycle and also in flowering cycle is suggested. This is an easy strain to clone and requires minimal trimming during harvesting.
Harvest: 56-63 days
Sat/Ind: 60/40
Hybrid: Fudo Myo-o X 9lb Hammer
High Type: A fusion of cerebral elation and physical relaxation providing relief from stress, pain, and nausea. It can also be a great aid for those with insomnia hoping to fall asleep faster.
Taste/Aroma: Tastes range from gooey grape berry and lemon-mango to slight coffee and skunky fruit nuances The smoke is sweet and slightly spicy as it invigorates your taste buds. The flavor becomes more pronounced when vaping.

Pic is from Jinxproof
image12402.jpeg

Dynastygenetics Pineapple Fields
Lineage: Kali Snapple x Ms.Universe #10

Parental Information:
Mom- Kali Snapple is an elite clone that consists or Snowbud/Pineapple x Kali Mist (pre 2000). By far the smelliest plant I̢۪ve ever had in my garden, this trait passes down in the Pineapple fields gene pool, so be ready for extra Carbon filters if you have neighbors.

Dad-The Ms.Universe #10 has an extremely high thc content, but is a very functional and long-lasting medicine… The #10 male carries a DessTar(Starship x KaliMist) Dominancy which brings the disco balls(aka resin glands) to the party, as well as a extra coating of frosting and sweet essence of fruit, caramel and spices.

both parents were created by Professor P

Indica/Sativa %
Sativa Dominant
Feminized Seeds?
No
Indoor / Outdoor
Indoor
Outdoor
Greenhouse
Bloom Length:
9-11weeks
# of Phenotypes?
Describe each phenotype expression:

Pheno A (40%) 50/50 pheno exhibiting traits from both parents and nearly a perfect plant. 9-10wk bloom, chunky buds/good yielder , PM resistant, purple hues and an amazing pineapple/candy/dank smell.

Pheno B Â(20%) reeking of pineapple roadkill, this Kali Snapple dominant pheno that is the smelliest of the bunch. incredible terpenes and high.

Pheno CÂ (20%) Ms.Universe pheno that takes the longest to bloom (10-11wk) but the skyrocket high is well worth the wait. pineapple/haze smells and flavors bless the senses when this lady is in the area.

Pheno D fasting blooming pheno (58-65days), recessive pineapple genes that will make you salivate at first whiff. Pineapple juice is the main smells you will get from her.

Stretch:
1-2x
Resin Profile:
High resin
Odour Score:10
Odour Description:
Pineapple, Haze, Road Kill
Flavour Score:9
Flavour Description:
Pineapple, Tropical fruit, haze, old school skunk
Potency Score:
High Type:
well rounded, cerebral/body

Here is Pheno D she smells of canned pineapple and is a wonderful smoke. She has a lingering floral aftertaste, maybe a hint of rose. Solid chunky buds are typical for her.
Pics are from my Garden

P5220789.JPG
P5220792.JPG

BOG sour bubble

This is a strain from the legendary BOG, known for his bubblegum strains, the Sour Bubble is famous for short bloom times and really potent flowers.
Indica 80%/sativa 20%
Flowering 49-55 days
THC% 23-28%
These pics are from BOG's 2014 catalog

image10822.jpeg
image10815.jpeg
image10814.jpeg

Other new strains coming

Dynastygenetics:
Ms. Universe
More Pineapple fields
More Huckleberry Kush
More Bluniverse

In House Genetics:
Hulkamaniac
GG#4 x dosido

Finally a note on Doc Bud's High Brix soil kit.
This method has brought a revolution to my grow. I have grown now for several decades and if there is ONE thing I could recommend to any grower, it is that they try Doc's kit. With DocBud's kit I have increased trichome content, weight, potency, terpene complexity and level, drought and disease resistance, and general overall funky stanky OMG this bud is killing me level.

If you haven't tried it, now is the time! I cannot stress how much it will give you freedom to work on your grow. Freedom from a pH meter, freedom from mixing tons of chemicals. Freedom to personalize the kit to your needs. It is a revelation and I cannot begin to thank DocBud for the difference it has made in my grow.

So let's journey together shall we? I would love it if you would tag along for the ride. Hopefully its smooth sailing!

Flip-1
All the girls got a top dressing today and some serious trimming. They had grown quite a bit while I was dealing with the flu so are a little bit (a lot) larger than I usually would have them at flip. But it will be an adventure, hopefully the new strains aren't stretch crazy haha. Flipping them tomorrow.

Cant wait to flower these ladies, they are just beautiful

P6230885.JPG

P6230894.JPG

Flying Dutchmen Twister
Just the best ever. These two girls are pretty tall. Should be interesting!

P6230892.JPG
P6230891.JPG

DRZ 4Csins
(Columbian Gold x (Carnival x Cotton Candy))
A new strain I am excited about. The top girl with be crowned Stormyent, named after a lovely girl who is a cannabis advocate and host of Expert joints. Stormy is just beautiful inside and out and deals daily with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) which affects her connective tissue and is very painful at times. So cannabis is really a great relief for her. I contacted her about naming a pheno directly after her and she seemed very stoked! So hopefully she will come watch us pheno hunt the 4Csins!

P6230889.JPG
P6230888.JPG
P6230887.JPG
P6230886.JPG

P6230884.JPG

Jinxproof Genetics Shangrila
My man Jinxproof is a big autism advocate, grower/breeder, glassblower and all around guru of positivity.
P6230883.JPG
P6230882.JPG

Dynasty Pineapple Fields Pheno D "Linda"

P6230880.JPG

Stepping up to the big leagues with this grow Shiggity, sure is looking like your not messing around anymore... Congrats on the sponsored grow, you'll do that perfect sun proud. Great Strains, great light, I'd say it's going to be a great journal. Let's get it started in here, hey Oh!

KiG:green_heart:cheers

Flip-1
All the girls got a top dressing today and some serious trimming. They had grown quite a bit while I was dealing with the flu so are a little bit (a lot) larger than I usually would have them at flip. But it will be an adventure, hopefully the new strains aren't stretch crazy haha. Flipping them tomorrow.

Cant wait to flower these ladies, they are just beautiful

P6230885.JPG

P6230894.JPG

Flying Dutchmen Twister
Just the best ever. These two girls are pretty tall. Should be interesting!

P6230892.JPG
P6230891.JPG

DRZ 4Csins
(Columbian Gold x (Carnival x Cotton Candy))
A new strain I am excited about. The top girl with be crowned Stormyent, named after a lovely girl who is a cannabis advocate and host of Expert joints. Stormy is just beautiful inside and out and deals daily with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) which affects her connective tissue and is very painful at times. So cannabis is really a great relief for her. I contacted her about naming a pheno directly after her and she seemed very stoked! So hopefully she will come watch us pheno hunt the 4Csins!

P6230889.JPG
P6230888.JPG
P6230887.JPG
P6230886.JPG

P6230884.JPG

Jinxproof Genetics Shangrila
My man Jinxproof is a big autism advocate, grower/breeder, glassblower and all around guru of positivity.
P6230883.JPG
P6230882.JPG

Dynasty Pineapple Fields Pheno D "Linda"

P6230880.JPG

beautiful!!! :circle-of-love:

I can't wait to see how all this turns out.

When you take a pic of all the plants together, I'd love to see the names above the plants, so I know which ones are which as I watch them all grow.

I finally got my Laughing Buddha and Green Crack photo strains going. :)

So as an aside I have been getting into rosin. Oh my. Dabs. Hee hee. I have a dab rig with quartz bangers on its way from China. It's a copy of an infusion pump rig. I went ahead and made an HMK rosin press (credit to hashmasta-kut). It cost 20 for the clamp and 25 for the Remington hair straightener. Works well and the clamp gives great pressure. Minimum I can go is 310F though so I am losing valuable terpenes. Can't use it for extended periods as the clamp will get hot and start to soften. But I can press out a few dabs. My plan is to get a personal rosin press so I can drop temps to 240F or so.
image13829.jpeg
image13830.jpeg
image13831.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom