First Grow - Bag Seed - CFLs & LED - Soil - Closet

Nulife

Hi Everyone, I'm new female grower. Very interested in learning how to grow for personal use and hobby, decided very spontaneously to grow with some bag seed I had laying around for about a year. I literally did my research on how to grow while growing. Making my first mistake with miracle grow dirt I had laying around. As I have come to learn, bad idea, but I thought what the hell, why not see the grow through to learn and make mistakes on. I started on March 19th, and will post my info and all my pics as soon as possible. Please bare with me because I've never done this posting stuff online before, and not familiar with how to post a Journal, so if I make any mistakes please be patient and let me know if I entered something wrong, politely is all I ask. Lastly, It took me a while to learn how to take pictures, especially under LED lights, so I'm sorry for very poor pictures throughout this grow, but by the time flowering came around, it got better. *** OK Sorry I already figured out I wrote my thread title wrong. IF you know how to edit a Thread title, please let me know, I -can't figure out how to correct the title. But I will enter more info here about my grow.
- Indoor Closet Grow
- Bag Seed
- CFL & LED Lighting
- Soil (miracle grow, I now know bad idea)
- Central Air to control temps. Vegetative Stage 75-79degrees 48-53% humidity, Flowering 72-77degrees 48-53% humidity.
- Didn't PH balance the water throughout vegetative stage. During flowering PH been around 6.3-6.6.
- No pest (super cleaned the closet, then used Amdro concentrated Home Pest Indoor Killer 24 hours before setting up closet)
- I was watering about 2-3 days. - now twice a week with a full gallon of water per pot/plant.
- Dyna-Gro Foliage-pro 1/4tsp per gal during Veg stage, and Dyna-Gro Bloom 1/4tsp per gal during flowering. Once I figured out I had a cal-mag deficiency during flowering, I started to add CaliMagic and more nutes, by week 6 of flowering, 1tsp of Bloom and 1tsp of CaliMagic.
- Veg Stage was from 3/19/16 - 6/4/16 (18/6 Light Schedule)
- Flowering Stage started 6/4/16. (12/12 Light Schedule)

Plants are very short, probably due to training and defoliating.

re: First Grow - Bag Seed - CFLs & LED - Soil - Closet

Heya,
I'm new too and its pretty friendly here, so if I can help you let me know. I just started my grow literally 2 weeks ago.There is a sticky post at the top of the forums that explains how to do pics properly and add signature links, check those out they help! If you want others to visit your journal you should start visiting and commenting in theirs, so they can see your link and get to meet you. These are just my suggestions so take for what they're worth. Have fun and stop by and see my grow, the link is below.

Cheers and much respect.

I started in a closet 2'width x 4'Length x 5.5'High. I started germinating the seeds on 3/19/16 in paper towels, and then added them to potted soil in a 2gal pot when they popped. Once they popped, I used 2 - 40w - 2800 Lumens Daylight CFLs per plant with reflector hood I created out of Mylar and an amazon box the Mylar came in. This is Day2 first leaves appeared.
16-03-27_Day_2_First_Leaves_Plant_1_2_.JPG
16-03-27_Day_2_First_Leaves_Plant_1_1_.JPG
16-03-28_Reflector_Hood_2_.JPG
16-03-28_Reflector_Hood_1_.JPG
16-03-28_Grow_Closet_9_.JPG
16-03-28_Grow_Closet_1_.JPG

5/20/16 - Bag Seed Veg Stage Week 9 CFL Lights
IMG_62944.JPG
IMG_62937.JPG

6/13/16 Week 12 Flowering Day 9 - Pistils start showing.
IMG_64477.JPG
IMG_64458.JPG
IMG_644412.JPG

6/25/16 Bag Seed Week 14 Flowering Week 3. For about 2 week I removed the CFLs an added a 240 LED about 16-18" away from top of plant. I felt that this freaked out the plant. So I switched back to CFLs to see if that would help. I wasn't sure why all of sudden I was having a bit of yelling around the edges. After figuring out it as a combo of things, cal-mag deficiency and the stress of the LEDs being introduced during flowering and not during the veg stage after speaking to the LED company. They also suggested that I hang the LED higher. So after 2 weeks of cal-mag and upping the bloom nutes 1/4tsp more each week. I removed the CFLs and added the LEDs again hanging them higher about 22-24" away, and they seemed to have bounced back. I also have the plants tied down to create an even flat canopy.
IMG_651211.JPG
IMG_65119.JPG

Still got a long way to go, but lookin' lush and plenty. Cheers and good job figuring out the problems fast. I started mine on LED only and now have added a T2 100w above the 800w COB to add some extra kick to veg. Seems to be working great 5 days out. Maybe I will switch the tubes in T2 to Warm white for flower perhaps. I Don't like to make too many changes in case theres issues, and if it ain't broke I usually don't fix it.

Hey man dope ass plants they look gorgeous!! I just started to grow my own the past week I'm barely starting week 2. I have mine in a closet aswell I have one issue tho. They are growing tall and skinny is it okay to add more soil to keep it stable ? I've been giving it water 3 times this week is there anything I should begin doing starting the 2nd week?
420-magazine-mobile406737514.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

7/16/16 Bag Seed Week 17 Flowering Week 6. Buds are starting to get very dense. Trichomes are clear with a couple becoming cloudy. Pistils starting to curl-up and darken. Deficiency under control, yellowing has stopped. Plants are happy again. Red UFO light has been added for 2 weeks ago as well. PPM 800 with 1 tsp of Bloom and 1 tsp of Cal-Mag per gal of water. PH 6.3-6.5. Watering on Weds and Sunday, a full gallon each plant, immediately vacuum out run off after checking PPM and PH. Sorry some of these pics were taken under the LED light, so the colors might be a bit weird. But I finally learned to take pictures in the dark with the flash to show the beauty of the plant and trichomes. So from now on pictures will be better.
16-07-13_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_1_BS.JPG
16-07-13_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_4_BS.JPG
16-07-14_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6.JPG
16-07-14_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6.JPG
16-07-16_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_5_.JPG
16-07-16_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_10_.JPG
16-07-16_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_1_.JPG
16-07-16_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_7_.JPG

Hey man dope ass plants they look gorgeous!! I just started to grow my own the past week I'm barely starting week 2. I have mine in a closet aswell I have one issue tho. They are growing tall and skinny is it okay to add more soil to keep it stable ? I've been giving it water 3 times this week is there anything I should begin doing starting the 2nd week?

Hi,
You should make a journal and give some details, and we can go there and talk about your plants and problems. Nice looking babies and yes add some dirt!

Well I'm certainly no expert but I have been studying everything I can in a few months, and I believe you're getting a serious stretch because you don't have enough light power, or they're not close enough to the plant. Basically your plant is trying to reach up to the light to get what it needs. If you want to keep your plants short and bushy, you would need to get more powerful light or if you're using CFLs getting them within 1-3" away from your plant. As you can see from my hood that's over the plants, I had the hood and lights right over the plants. You should be using 2-3 40w 150w equivalent 2800 lumens Daylight 6500K for veg stag. And 42w Softwhite 2700K. If you're using CFLs, you will be adjusting the height of the lights every day to every few days depending how fast your plants grow. That's why I did a hood and connected all my lights to the hood, this way I only had to adjust the hood that had 8 bulbs, instead of readjusting every single bulb. Hope that helps. Again, I'm no expert.

Stonedgypsy For sure man thank you! Quick question in new to this place lol how can I make a journal?

Nulife nailed it. They need more light. And yes, you can fill the pots some more to cover the stem a bit. In time the buried stem will shoot root.

Stonedgypsy For sure man thank you! Quick question in new to this place lol how can I make a journal?

Click this link, then click the black 'Post New Thread' button near the top.

Journals in Progress

I also want to give you all an invite to my journal (link in sig). You're more than welcome to photo bomb my journal and ask questions.

:circle-of-love:

7/17/16 Flowering Stage Week 6 - Watering with Nutes (1tsp Bloom & 1tsp CaliMagic) 800ppm - Ph 6.2 in 6.1 out

Hey there, had a quick glance through your journal. Really nice looking lady you got, congrats! Subbed up.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using 420

Hey there, had a quick glance through your journal. Really nice looking lady you got, congrats! Subbed up.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using 420

Forgive my ignorance but as a newbie, I'm not sure what "subbed up" means, I've seen it a few times, and can't figure out what it means. Thanks.

Subscribed , these dang kids nowadays with their street words and Pokemon go

Back
Top Bottom