DankestBuds Aurora Indica Grown In Soil

DankestBuds42

Hey everyone. Finally time to document my first grow!

So currently I am running four plants: Two Feminized Aurora Indica's, one Kish of God, and one Mystery Strain. The Kish of God is bagseed, while the other three are from Nirvana. The Aurora Indica's are obviously heavy Indica while the Kish of God is looking slightly more lanky and sativa like. Still too soon to tell with the Mystery strain.

All of my plants are in the vegetative stage. Ezra is 24 days old, Athena is 21 days old, Flow is 8 days old, and the unnamed Mystery plant is 5 days old. I'll include pictures with labels so you know which is which.
Indoor. All Organic Pre-Composted Brown Gold Potting Soil. 3 and 1 gallon plastic pots.

I have a 40"x40"x80" Outsunny Grow tent, a 30"x35" aluminum reflector (no glass and not air cooled), a dimmable ballast with a 600w MH light bulb at 50%, a Fusion Breath 6" Inline fan and carbon filter for air exhaust. The tent is usually above 35 degrees Celsius with the door closed and sits around 30 with the door open. Humidity is usually just below 30. No pests. Watering when soil is dry past my first knuckle. Plants have been given straight tap water until recently. The gang had their first nutrient feeding the other day. Used about 1 ml of Humboldt "Bloom" in 4 gallons of tap water PHed to 6.4. My reasoning for the Bloom nutes in veg is that my grow and micro nutes never came in the mail and Ezra seems to have a bit of a potassium deficiency.

Mystery Seedling
MysterySeed_69.jpg

Flow - AI
Flow_5.jpg

Athena - Kish of God
Athena_5.jpg

Ezra - AI
Ezra_26.jpg

Ezra
Ezra_32.jpg

Ezra's Potassium deficiency
EzraPotassiumIssues.jpg

Reaching Ezra
ReachingEzra.jpg

The Gang
TheGang_4.jpg

Alrighty. Time for a quick update.

I gave my first topping to Ezra the other day. Never topped a plant before but I've done so much reading on this site it felt like second nature.

Before Topping
EzraBeforeTopping.jpg

Ezra's Top
EzrasTop.jpg

After Topping
EzraAfterTopping_2.jpg

This is the soil I picked up from the local Hydroponics store
ReindeerSoil.jpg

Here is Ezra's Potassium Deficiency. Really affecting the lowest set of leaves but it doesn't seem to be spreading much which is good. She is also starting to grow a little trunk! How cute.
EzrasNewGrowth1.jpg

Latest Family Photo.
TheGang_51.jpg

Athena the Kish of God
Athena_6.jpg

Flow the AI
Flow_7.jpg

Hey everyone. Lots has been going down this last week in preparation for Shambala (week long electronic music festival). Up until recently I was manually turning on and off the lights at the desired times. Now the lights are on a timer. Should have bought the timer first but live and learn. Had to go through 3 other outlet timers just to find one that works. Lesson? Walmart timers cant handle my power.

I have all my cannabis plants hooked up to individual watering systems. I transplanted all but the mystery seed last night. Ran out of soil. Mystery Strain should be fine for the week in its current pot. Used 2 gallon fabric pots and some Organic Reindeer Soil from the local hydroponic shop. Also covered the fabric pots with garbage bags to keep the moisture from escaping.
TheGangBeforeShambala.jpg

Gave the Kish of God and my second Aurora Indica a topping on their third node whereas Ezra the AI was topped on her 6th node I believe.
I just really hope I don't come back to any major issues. Fingers crossed.

Ezra's Top
EzrasToppingAfterMath.jpg

Gave the plants a good watering in their new pots. They hold like two liters of water in each pot. Nice.

I'm working today, visiting with a friend for the night, then working Sunday, then leaving for Shambala. So between now and when I leave, I wont be around much to tend to the plants. So I'm hoping that they will be fine from here on out. Might have enough time to check on them once more before leaving but we'll see. They just need to make it August 1st to 8th. Feeling positive.

High Output Garden Nutrients. Made in Canada Eh.
Nutrients18.jpg

Update time! Hey everyone, I have good news! So I was gone from August 1st to the 10th at Shambhala. Came back to a decent looking garden. So glad I managed to keep the gang alive in my absence. Since I have been back, I have made some changes.

Firstly, I removed all the automatic watering systems, water containers, and garbage bags covering the fabric pots. Second, I gave the plants that needed it a nice watering. Checked the runoff and the soil is looking more acidic than alkaline. I'll have to up the water + nutrient PH. Third, I tied in some ghetto ScrOG netting. I'm limited on supplies so I used what string I have, but it's definitely not your common ScrOG set up.
I didn't realize this until after it was all in place, but I ended up making a pentagram.. Looks like the demons are channeling through me for my first grow. Even the underworld wants this grow to be a success haha.
Fourth: I felt like Edward Scissorhands cutting off so many tops however the plants seem to be responding very well. Along with the toppings, I gave Ezra some High Stress Training. She was just getting so tall, especially compared to the other plants. I was worried she might get too close to the lights while the younger plants wouldn't be close enough. So I bent her two main tops fairly severely. But she took it like a hero and was reaching back up for the light within the hour. I accidentally broke a very small portion of the outer layer of her stem when doing more HST. Quickly threw on some tape and she's good to go. What a trooper. Even through all my abuse she is still keeping positive! Savvy!
Fifth. I feel incredibly stupid for not being more self aware in my garden, but I injured flow. It's nothing life threatening. I just pulled off one of her leaf tips by mistake. But that is a lot of energy she put into building her own success, which has now been wasted due to my carelessness. No sense crying over spilled milk though. Live and learn. I will be extra careful around the plants from now on. I feel like Flow will forgive me if I don't make that mistake again.
Lastly. Flow the AI and Athena the Kish of God were germinated later than Ezra, so they are smaller. Plus I topped the two of them on their 3rd node instead of their 6th like Ezra. Which means they aren't quite tall enough to reach my Pentagram ScrOG. So instead I've been using chopsticks to LST their branches out to the sides. Going very well.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with the results so far. I hope to make it to harvest without any more huge issues, but we'll see. Now for the pictures c:

My Pentagram ScrOG Net
PentagramScrOG.jpg

PentagramCloseUp.jpg

Ezra's Side Shot
EzraSideShot.jpg

Mystery Strain
IMG_173832.jpg

Flow's War Scar
IMG_173726.jpg

My Nutes
IMG_172728.jpg

Flow
IMG_172829.jpg

IMG_172931.jpg

Athena
IMG_173128.jpg

AthenaTopView.jpg

My Little Green Oasis
FullGarden.jpg

But yeah. Comments, questions, opinions, and experiences are always welcome. I'd like to hear what you have to say. Peace out.

I'll sub up here and I'm sure it won't belong before the usual faces turn up :)

OK so its fine doing a whole grow with just MH its just most use it for veg only then switch out to HP's. The problem with that is separate ballasts etc and cost..!! But I've seen plenty of folks going all the way with MH and doing fine!
Unfortunately I don't know your nutrient line and how that qwould work when combined with a pre amended soil? I personally if using nutrients want to start with a blank soil. One that's charged full of beneficial bacteria etc yet no nutrient base as such.
Next time pot up your soil a little higher :) bigger roots and all :)
Apart from that and suggesting really playing around with the fan placement to help with temps, your looking good! :)

Oh and welcome to 420 by the way! :)

The GrowKing, Light Addict, Dirtmcgert, and Alchemist420: Glad to have you all along for the ride! Whatever the outcome, it'll be an awesome learning experience. Thank you all for so graciously accepting me to your community. I've never felt more at home.

GrowKing: Thanks bud. No where near as professional looking as your plants/set up, but I'll get there one day haha.

Light: I've heard of people using MH for both veg and flower cycle, but I also hear having HPS is way better for flower. So I bought one 600w MH for veg and two 600w HPS bulbs for flower. Only going to use one for flower though, one will be my spare. I found the coolest ballast online. Really impressed so far. It accepts 250w up to 1000w bulbs and is dimmable. Right now I have the 600w bulb dimmed to 75%. I've just been leaving the tent door open most of the time when the lights are on to keep temps down. I also keep a frozen water bottle in the tent most of the time. I seem to have high temps and low humidity. This grow would be so much easier if I had a wealthy uncle or something haha. #poorlife
My local hydro shop owner said that my soil would have enough nutes for the plants whole life cycle. But another day the shop manager told me that my plant would use up all the nutes in the soil, and I would need to incorporate additional nutrients. Not sure who to believe, I got the seeds started, waited for as long as possible before giving nutrients (temporary lack of funds and the plants looked healthy), then when I started to see some deficiencies, I picked up some High Output Garden Nutrients and gave them a feeding. Since then, my oldest AI has stopped showing deficiencies on any new growth. Still has some crispy leaves near her base, but I plan to do some defol later on anyway.
Really appreciate your suggestions. Definitely will be adding extra soil next time I pot up, and experimenting with fan positioning is now also on my to-do list.

Mcgert: The more the merrier I say! Thanks for the words of encouragement :) Your SSA #1 is freaking huge. Respect bro.

Alchemist: Thanks Alchemist. Your NC-15 look radical. First time growing since the 90's apparently, but your plants are looking stacked. Savvy work man.

Made my first attempt at cloning yesterday. Did some major defol on Flow my Aurora Indica Flux. Went great except I accidentally broke off a leaf I did not want to break off.. At least all the new growth sites will be getting direct light now which is my new goal for this plant. While I was doing this defol I took some cuttings suitable for cloning. They were pretty small clippings so I don't expect much of anything. However if I can successfully grow an extra plant or two with hardly any effort at all. I'm down to brown town. I think I'll try cloning the Kish of God and Ezra the AI later down the road but they seem chill for now. Next time I clone I want to try with 4 or 5 nodes instead of 3. More surface area for roots to grow on.
Aside from this, no major updates. Hope all your gardens are doing well. Peace out.

Flow's Three Clones
FlowsClones.jpg

FlowsClonesCloseUp.jpg

Flow's Defol
FlowBeforeFluxDefol.jpg

FlowBeforeFluxDefolTopView.jpg

FlowsDefol.jpg

FlowsFluxAfterDefol.jpg

So how was Shambala? Looks like quite an experience!

:party:

I'm going to be heading out of town for about 6 days coming up in the middle of September and have been pondering the watering situation. What were you using? They look like Blumats. I'm thinking a wick watering system should do the trick for the few days while I'll be gone. I need to do some more research and ask around though. I should probably test it out a bit before I leave them on their own too.

Keep up the great work. I'm on board for the duration. ;)
:passitleft:

Hey InfiniteJuan. Shambhala was amazing. Super trippy laser lights at night, so much bass, and I went with the gf so it was a good vacation. Glad to be back though. For the watering system I did use some Blumat jr's. They kept the soil moist until I came back which was good. Would use again for future vacations. I also used some waterbottles with a strip of an old shirt submerged in the water, and the other half burried in the soil close to the plants roots. This was also successful in my experience. I hear wick watering works well too.

Hey everyone, got some updates for ya.

Did some major defoliation in the garden recently. Went great except for one thing. I was casually pinching off leaves when I got a bit too casual and accidentally broke one of the arms on Flow.. Life goes on, just beating myself up over such an easily avoidable mistake. Note to self: Don't pinch off leaves anymore. Just use your dang gardening shears and make life easy haha. I still ended up achieving my goal of removing enough leaves to direct light to the new growth sites which is rad. This situation reminds me of Shakespears play titled "All's well that ends well." Meaning problems do not matter, so long as the outcome is good. This set back should not matter, so long as the outcome is still fruitful.
Lately I've been worrying about the available space in my tent. Thankfully my mother jumped at the suggestion to add my tomato plants and hot pepper plant to her garden collection! Once I drop them off I can really focus on growing out my star plants. Hoping to get 4+ ounces to last me until my next harvest. Going to need to up-pot Ezra from her 2 gallon to a 7 gallon soon. Currently watering her every other day or so. Cant up-pot until I have spare funds again so hopefully she can hang on for a while.

I've also tried my luck at cloning. Took 8 cuttings and planted them directly in soil. Gave them a little water before letting them chill on my window ledge. Ran out of soil a little while ago so I visited the harbor and snagged some decent looking earth matter. Used that as a base with some potting soil as topper. Not sure if the outdoor soil will work with my cuttings. I'll have to wait and see.

The Gang in early July
TheGang_4.jpg

The Gang Now
CurrentTent.jpg

CurrentWindowLedge.jpg

Athena
AthenaFlux.jpg

Flow Missing an Arm..
Ifuckedflowup.jpg

Ezra's recent Defol
EzraGettingSerious.jpg

EzraBeforeDefol.jpg

EzraAfterDefol.jpg

My biggest fan leaf so far.
TheBiggestFanLeafSoFar.jpg

Mystery Strain looking especially sativa today.
MysteryStrainUpdate.jpg

Hey everyone, got some updates for ya.

Did some major defoliation in the garden recently. Went great except for one thing. I was casually pinching off leaves when I got a bit too casual and accidentally broke one of the arms on Flow.. Life goes on, just beating myself up over such an easily avoidable mistake. Note to self: Don't pinch off leaves anymore. Just use your dang gardening shears and make life easy haha. I still ended up achieving my goal of removing enough leaves to direct light to the new growth sites which is rad. This situation reminds me of Shakespears play titled "All's well that ends well." Meaning problems do not matter, so long as the outcome is good. This set back should not matter, so long as the outcome is still fruitful.
Lately I've been worrying about the available space in my tent. Thankfully my mother jumped at the suggestion to add my tomato plants and hot pepper plant to her garden collection! Once I drop them off I can really focus on growing out my star plants. Hoping to get 4+ ounces to last me until my next harvest. Going to need to up-pot Ezra from her 2 gallon to a 7 gallon soon. Currently watering her every other day or so. Cant up-pot until I have spare funds again so hopefully she can hang on for a while.

I've also tried my luck at cloning. Took 8 cuttings and planted them directly in soil. Gave them a little water before letting them chill on my window ledge. Ran out of soil a little while ago so I visited the harbor and snagged some decent looking earth matter. Used that as a base with some potting soil as topper. Not sure if the outdoor soil will work with my cuttings. I'll have to wait and see.

The Gang in early July
TheGang_4.jpg

The Gang Now
CurrentTent.jpg

CurrentWindowLedge.jpg

Athena
AthenaFlux.jpg

Flow Missing an Arm..
Ifuckedflowup.jpg

Ezra's recent Defol
EzraGettingSerious.jpg

EzraBeforeDefol.jpg

EzraAfterDefol.jpg

My biggest fan leaf so far.
TheBiggestFanLeafSoFar.jpg

Mystery Strain looking especially sativa today.
MysteryStrainUpdate.jpg

Im going to subscribe to this thread , im currently growing Aurora Indica and im very close to harvest. Dont beat yourself up to bad, she likes a beating and will bounce back asap. I broke several branches from my plant and it came back with a vengeance. Good luck with your grow and feel free to swing by my thread if you have any questions i would be glad to help the best i can. :Namaste:

Thanks for the support Weenmeoff!
Update Time from over here in beautiful B.C.
Slowly wining the battle against high tent temps. Now I keep the lights on 50% with the door closed and the fan on high. This seems to keep my tent around 30*C which is better than 40*C with the lights on full and the door closed. The plants seem fine in 40* heat but don't grow as fast as 30*. 20*-25* would be ideal but whatever's clever. The tent temps stay at about 33* with the door open and the lights on full. It's a battle between wanting the lights to be maxed out but not wanting to over heat the tent. If I could afford a stronger fan I would just use that because more air exchange equals cooler room temps. Or an A/C unit would be cool but again, pricey. Oh well, not that concerned. I'm sure it'll all work out.

My next prominent grow issue of mine is funds sadly. If it were up to me I would build a massive underground bunker to grow my heart out with hundreds of different plants! On top of buying all of the best quality equipment to try out! If I won 5 million dollars, I could spend it all on grow stuff in a couple years and be set for the rest of my life. Buut that's not as much reality. I recently managed to collect enough cash for 30L of soil, a legitimate mister, and 6 food safe plant containers. Until now I've been using a water bottle with small holes poked in the lid as my ghetto watering can. But now I have an actual spray bottle! It's the little things in life eh. My clones like it even more than I do!

Temporarily being poor sucks. However now that I've managed to obtain quality soil, I can up-pot Ezra from her 2 gallon fabric pot to a 7 gallon. Plus I have extra soil for clones and other plants! Can't wait to put Ezra the AI in her final pot. Just giving her a few days of recovery after her first serious HST. She's already bouncing back which is impressive. Yup, she's a beast. Sprouted on July 1st, 57 days old today.

One concern I have is smell during flower. As it stands, my plants don't really smell much. However I know that the plants will start to dank the further along they get in flower. I have a carbon filter but I'm just a little paranoid of smells seeping out somehow. I have incense and sage to cover the smell but that's about it. I usually smoke le bong in my apartment even though it's no smoking (shh)(pretty certain other people smoke in our apartment too so it's not just me lol). No one has ever commented on anything or noticed anything so some smell is probably undetectable. But I'm hoping to get 4-10 ounces off this grow and I'm not sure what to expect for smell.
Any advice on dealing with smells or other tips for flowering are definitely welcome.

Also, my Mystery Strain turned out to be guy! That's so butthurt! I was really looking forward to exploring the smoke. But I noticed some definite ball shapes where all my other plants just have little spikes (think they're where the calyx pop out). So I gave him the clamps boss!

Ezra just after High Stress Training
EzraHST.jpg

The Three Amigos
TheThreeAmigos.jpg

Ezra After Serious HST
EzraHSTHealing.jpg

Flow After minimal HST
FlowHSTHealing.jpg

Athena After HST
AthenaAfterHST.jpg

Can clone with outdoor soil. Just for funsies.
CanClone.jpg

One of the more healthy looking clones
HealthyClone.jpg

Flow's Clone
FlowsClone.jpg

The Male.
TheMale.jpg

Not Much Roots
TheLittleMaleThatCould.jpg

Not the best photo but definite balls showing.
CannabisTesticles.jpg

I took some clippings and removed all the extra leaves, then planted them straight into soil. I have been doing my best to keep them moist. Some hangout on my window ledge, some hangout on my girlfriend's book shelf, some hangout in the tent, some have humidity domes and some don't. It's quite the mix depending on how the clones look. If they droop they stay out of the tent, if they start to perk up they go in the tent. All get misted a few times a day until roots take off. I have 9 from Ezra and 1 from Flow, both Aurora Indica. I'll probably stop the cloning for this run here. 4 are looking really solid and I just keep them in the tent now. They seem to hold their leaves up nicely which shows strength and good water retention. The other 6 are looking good but not as good as the first 4. If I plan this right I might be able to harvest on my birthday haha.

My apologies if I write a lot. I try to keep it short. Anyway, hope you're all doing well. Peace out.

Allllllrighty guys and gals. Just a quick update before work.

So I attempted to germinate 3 mystery seeds a while back, and only one took, and it turned out to be a guy.. So I'm trying my luck again with 4 new mystery seeds! they'll be over 2 months behind Ezra but it's chill. Would really suck if all 4 were males LOL. Hoping for at least one female.
MysteryStrainSeeds.jpg

Toes.jpg

Here is what my set up looks like:
Air Intake
TentAirIntake.jpg

Air Exhaust
TentExhaust.jpg

Then there's the many clones

Righty
Righty2.jpg

Humidity dome helps keep in the moisture.
RightyWithHumidityDome.jpg

Lefty
Lefty3.jpg

Clone Corner
CloneCorner.jpg

Aurora Indica Clones
AIClones.jpg

Flow is still healing from the Hst but doesn't seem to mind.
FlowsHealingWound.jpg

Flow Side Shot
FlowSideShot.jpg

Flow and Athena
FlowAndAthena.jpg

Ezra
Ezra.jpg

Full House
FullHouse.jpg

Hope you're all doing well. Stay frosty.

Back
Top Bottom