2nd Grow - 1st Roots Organic - Kind Soil With A Flux Grow - Northern Lights Auto

infiniteJuan

What strain is it?
Vision Northern Lights Auto/Fem [Herbies]

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Northern Lights x Mexican Ruderalis
80% Indica / 20% Sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Seedling

If in Veg... For how long?
Herbie's site states 14 days

If in Flower stage... For how long?
Herbie's site states 56 days

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor - Tent size 48" x 48" x 78"

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
Going organic this time w/ 2 lbs KindSoil on bottom and Roots Organic potting soil on top.'

If soil... What size pot?
3ga

Size of light?
(2) 300w Mars Hydro LEDs pulling about 130w each

Is it aircooled?
I've got carbon scrubber with inline fan going out the window beside the tent, 2 window fans blowing air into 2 bottom vents, 1-12" oscillating fan inside tent with a 6" clip on fan. I have some A/C being piped in from a window unit (here's a pic).

Temp of Room/cab?
low 70s to low 80s generally

RH of Room/cab?
Ranges widely depending on outdoor RH. Anywhere from 38%-75% and usually somewhere in the middle.

PH of media or res?
City water around 8ph will be ph'd to 6.8 using citric acid crystals.

Any Pests?
Nope

:wood:

How often are you watering?
Anticipate watering every 3-5 days; my first time using this medium so will have to see. I may work toward adding a hands-free watering system.

Type and strength of ferts used?
2lbs KindSoil (premixed hot soil) on bottom: Peat Moss, Coir, Perlite, Worm Castings, Humus, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Crab/Shrimp Meal, Fish Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Cotton Seed Meal, Kelp Meal, Feather Meal, Sunflower Meal, Guano, Neem Meal, Soy Meal, Langbeinite, Rock Phosphate, Greensand, Oyster Shell, Azomite, Humic Acid, Char, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Trichoderma, Beneficial Bacteria

Roots Organics soil on top: coco-based soil contains peat, pumice, and their own in-house perlite.

Should only need to water with 6.8ish tap water.

Additional Info:

Training techniques used: mainlining/fluxing

Here she is; NL#4. Germinated for 48ish hours, into soil yesterday, above ground today...

420-magazine-mobile1150705465.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1389854361.jpg

420-magazine-mobile527862977.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1320476346.jpg

420-magazine-mobile814378023.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1736895242.jpg

Sent using the 420Mag mobile app.

I'll watch, I'm looking to step up my organic game soon.

Hey, cool Eyetim9! Let's learn together then! Based on my research so far, this KindSoil seems to be a ticket to gaining the benefits of a super soil type grow without having to build the super soil, which is just not practical for me at this time.

So just starting to read up on the kind soil, and I saw that it said (and reminded me that you just said that too, but I didn't think much of it) that you'll just have to water with ph'ed water....wow!

Do you plan to do that with every phase and even late in flower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She managed to shed her casing this morning. I added a 85w CFL into the mix. I don't know squat about CFLs but I do have 4 - 85 watt bulbs that I have left over from my eBay photography days. Would it be a large benefit to add these lights along with my current LEDs? What do y'all think?

420-magazine-mobile1531782009.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1673844646.jpg

420-magazine-mobile487020722.jpg

So just starting to read up on the kind soil, and I saw that it said (and reminded me that you just said that too, but I didn't think much of it) that you'll just have to water with ph'ed water....wow!

Do you plan to do that with every phase and even late in flower?

Yep! I'm going to head toward a mostly hands-off/low-maintenance system. Or, hands-off of the stuff I'd rather not do and hands-on stuff I enjoy. I also want to eventually be able to leave the garden for a few days at a time without having to line someone up to help out; and be able to harvest at least a plant per month.

My first grow taught me that I do not enjoy mixing nutes and watering every day, or multiple times per day. I also learned that I really enjoy the training side of the grow; a reason I'm going with the mainline/flux in order to get a more intimate knowledge of the plant and how they grow. I just like to sit with the plants and observe; tuck a leaf here, pull one there type of stuff. Like bonsai, I guess, which is sounding more and more appealing lately as well.

So, for this first 'organic' go around with the Kind Soil I'm thinking of letting it be as they recommend.. just add water.. and see what happens.

:thumb:

I like the sound of that and what I read, low maintenance for sure. I have steady 8ph organic soil for my current grow. Definitely would lower it for that kindsoil. I got some freebie seeds I want to try to grow with my high ph water and some added other nutes I cheapskated out on this current grow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'll be over here.....:popcorn:

Sweet, dirt! Thanks for the support! :) I'll be popping in on yours throughout, as well!

I'll pop me head in :)

Wow, THE Light Addict posting on my thread! It's an honor! I'm excited that I'm taking on my first flux just as you move on your flux to end all fluxes. I'll be paying close attention to that, no doubt. Thanks for the support! ":)

I like the sound of that and what I read, low maintenance for sure. I have steady 8ph organic soil for my current grow. Definitely would lower it for that kindsoil. I got some freebie seeds I want to try to grow with my high ph water and some added other nutes I cheapskated out on this current grow.

I just got caught up on your current grow journal, Eyetim9. Well done! It looks like we're both at very similar points in our grows. :)

The little one is doing well; 11 days above soil. I just pH some tap water (that I've aerated for 24+ hours) to 6.8 and water her every other day or so. Simple as that.. which I really like. She's got marbled leaves like her sisters had early on. I may top her tomorrow. Will see how that third node looks and read up a bit beforehand since I've never done it before.

420-magazine-mobile1910423578.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1471045574.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1701846343.jpg

420-magazine-mobile195979812.jpg

Oh yeah, and this NL#4 is a mutant like NL#1, with only 2 fingers on one of the 2nd node's fan leaves. The pics above show it quite clearly. NL#1 was more marbled like this one too.

Back
Top Bottom