Stick A Pineapple Where The Sun Don't Shine - In A Grow Box!

santb

Howdy, Y'all!
Welcome to my new Journal!

I told you the title was worth the wait!

As you can see, I've changed my avatar (I'm really into Deadpool right now. Reading the books online; movie is EXCELLENT if you are into violent, foul-mouthed, smart-arsed psychopath superheros who are aware of being a fictional cartoon character.. Which I am..), and added a Deadpool quote. Bit of an update for the new Journal..

OK. RE the title, I'll be growing at least one Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk (PC), with possibly another PC, or a Pyramid Tutankhamon (Tut). I had some seeds mixed up in my last order, so not sure on the second seed..
I'm hoping for the Tut but will be quite happy with another PC, which is what I think it will be... I've grown one out already, and even though it wasn't the highest yielder (my fault), the smoke was very good. Nice and strong, with that delicious pineapple-candy smell. Can't wait for that..

Soil will be my own mix, which is about 50% coco at the moment, with the rest being my own compost and various organic amendments, and some perlite. This will go into fabric pots. My homemade ones last time were great; big, solid fine-root balls. I got these new pots cheap, so just wanna compare..
This mix I will be adding a lot more perlite; I am hoping that less coco in the pots will cut down on moisture in the cab but will also force me to pay more attention to nute intake and water more often, including once per week of straight water. I feel like my soil mix is a bit too N heavy and I tend to over feed...I can't leave well enough alone. I'm aiming to add no extra nutes in veg unless needed. The soil SHOULD cover a 4-6 week veg, and generic fish/seaweed ferts are fine for quick top-ups..
I was gonna try a Hempy pot this grow but I'm a bit behind in acquiring nutes. I will be getting some for this grow: some bloom, silica, hydro-calmag and maybe phosphorus.
I will also be foliar-feeding kelp and earthworm casting concentrate at least once per week..

The light will again be my Mars Hydro 144 X 3 Reflector; am currently using a Mars 48 X 3 Reflector for the new sprouts; it's currently on 24/7 but will back that off to 18/6 in the next few days. Thinking about trying GLR on this one.. Might give it a try for a week early on, so if growth is not fast enough, I have plenty of time to go back to 18/6..

OK I think that's it for the details... If I've forgotten to add anything, please remind me or ask away!

Photos!!
These following are of the cab upgrade, which included a clean out and a new coat of paint.
First, I got rid of the old outlet box and removed a ceiling batten/light-hanger joist that was also where the hole was for the light hanger-cord (144 X 3). I had originally drilled the holes wrong (sometimes for accuracy, I use my tape starting at 100mm. All well and good but you gotta remember to subtract that extra 100!!!), so I added a new joist on the other side also to centre up the light.
Then I had to enlarge the hole in the ceiling in order to move the fan array slightly to the right (so my driver wouldn't be jammed up against the wall every time I needed to screw/unscrew, and also so I could make the cover/filter bigger).
new_grow_mods_1_.jpg

new_grow_mods_2_.jpg

new_grow_mods_3_.jpg

Cut out a gasket for the fans to sit on and to which the cover/filter would be fixed.
new_grow_mods_4_.jpg

new_grow_mods_5_.jpg

new_grow_mods_6_.jpg

new_grow_mods_7_.jpg

new_grow_mods_8_.jpg

new_grow_mods_9_.jpg

Then, quickly (all day and I'm still not happy..will pull apart and re-cover when I take it off to add carbon..if I could be bothered by then!) make up a frame, wrap base in flyscreen, fix to the ceiling gasket, done.
new_grow_mods_10_.jpg

new_grow_mods_11_.jpg

new_grow_mods_12_.jpg

new_grow_mods_13_.jpg

new_grow_mods_14_.jpg

new_grow_mods_15_.jpg

Added bit of scrap to keep the fans from moving/vibrating..
new_grow_mods_16_.jpg

new_grow_mods_17_.jpg

new_grow_mods_18_.jpg

new_grow_mods_19_.jpg

new_grow_mods_20_.jpg

new_grow_mods_21_.jpg

new_grow_mods_22_.jpg

new_grow_mods_23_.jpg

new_grow_mods_24_.jpg

new_grow_mods_25_.jpg

These are the sprouts... Coming along well..
new_grow_sprouts_2_.jpg

new_grow_sprouts_1_.jpg

new_grow_sprouts_5_.jpg

new_grow_sprouts_6_.jpg

new_grow_sprouts_4_.jpg

new_grow_sprouts_3_.jpg

new_grow_sprouts_7_.jpg

So far, so good...
Any questions at all. please ask. Enjoy!

Subbed... :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Your latest diy was alright Blaze, or did you call somebody in to do the job :rofl::rofl::rofl::passitleft:

:rofl::rofl:

Thanks and welcome everyone! Been busy removing walls and re-arranging downstairs, so have hardly thought about the plants! They're still tiny and on 24/7 light till I move the cab in the next few days..
I hadn't even written down the germ date, so have to look at the Four Girls journal..

DAY ONE 28/08/16.
So, now at day 7. Second set of leaves just starting to poke thru..

Subbed in for this one :popcorn:
Good to meet you, Pat. I like where you are located... Are you girl-Pat or bloke-Pat? Don't wanna offend you, at least not accidentally!

Subbed... :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:
Cheers, Grizz.. :passitleft:

Subbed

Great DIY skills on display. I suck at the DIY.
DIY is just another excuse to fiddle with shit you should probably just leave alone; easier to just buy the right stuff first..!

Sub. Nice DIY grow area.
Cheers, Billy! Nice to meet you.

I'm smoking some of our pineapple chunk right now actually. Absolutely delicious. Love to see her grow again.
Cheers, Nis. Good to see you too. Your PC was very nice indeed. I'm a total glutton with a sweet tooth, so the pineapple smell won me over straight away! Hope mine turns out half as good as yours (and CannaM.. Say hi for me..). Actually, if you're anything like me, you might like the Choc Mint OG for the same reason. Smells yummy, tastes yummy, gets you high. Nuff said!

Cheers again, guys.. Gonna try and do a bit of visiting myself over the arvo so see around.
:thumb:

:circle-of-love:

:passitleft:

:popcorn:

You do some awesome and detailed DIY my friend!

Is it bad for a woman to be andrenalyzed at the sight of power tools? :hmmmm:

Cheers, Canna! That's not a bad thing at all. A woman who's not scared of tools and a bit of elbow grease is a glorious thing!
(God, the torrent of rude jokes is crashing against the back of my eyes. Must resist.... urge to..... act like 12 year old...)

:rofl: I'm resisting the urge as well Santb... almost failed miserably though. Actually typed out a reply, and then removed it. LOL!

EDIT: Yeah, on second thoughts... rather not. LOL!

Yeah, Blaze; you just had a daughter!! Be careful.. Not to mention my 2yo niece..

Us modern, sensitive-type blokes are very aware of the fine line between humour and abuse. Jokes about a girls "power tools", for example; or about how some of us may have a 'tool for you to practice with' could be inferred as sexist, misogynist or just plain degrading. There was even a few "elbow grease" jokes (seen those photos of guys elbows that look like cleavage etc?) I coulda thrown in..
But I'm a responsible, enlightened, modern man, and I thought that the readers imagination would insert the obvious jokes as and where necessary..

Also, that bikini shot I saw of Cannafan a few months back popped straight into my head, so; you know... Input overload!
If you missed it, guys, you really missed it!! Talk about power tools! That bikini was a weapon of mass distraction; those were some instruments I'd like to dial in; it was two of the....

Whoops. See how easy it is slip on that slope...?

Back
Top Bottom