CK White Widow Feminized Seeds
3'X3'X6' Black Out Grow Tent
Phantom 315 Watt Ceramic Metal Halide Light
Blauberg Turbo 100 4" fan with a 4X14" Active Air Carbon Filter
Active Air 6" clip on fan so far
Temp and humidity gauge
Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Soil
Fox Farm Trio nutes

Ok first time grower, Long time smoker. Main reason for growing is I'm tired of over paying for lower quality. Plus
it's just a pain to even get it any more where I'm from. I'm not a fan of being at the mercy of someone else.
I'm terribly excited for this grow to happen. I'm going in with an open mind and just hope to complete a full grow
with no expectations on yield. Obviously the more the better but first time growing so who knows what to expect.
Ordering seeds was a scary deal for me but Crop Kings took care of me. Eight days after my order I had my beans.
Soaked 2 at first on Oct 31st but a friend said to go with 4 for my tent. So the next day I dropped 2 more. Three sprouted and the 4th hadn't at the time of dropping them in soil on Nov 2nd. I am not a fan of transplanting
plants too many times so I was advised to go with 1 gallon pots to start and then onto 3 gallon smart pots later. I dropped all 4
into there new homes and watered them. I only have the Phantom light set up so I have it set up as high as it
can go and on a 18/6 cycle. Temps are hovering at 80 degrees with about a 60% humidity level. with no fan on.
Just got the fan today. I work anywhere from 8 to 12 hour days and my concern is the soil drying out. When
I came home today after there first full day in there new home the soil was pretty dry on top. A lil bit of water in the catch pans tho from drainage.
Again was advised to cover them with plastic wrap with small holes in it to help keep the top moist until there sprout up. Obviously from my first pic theres really nothing to show but some tasty dirt. Now the hard part... Waiting!
Thinking maybe throwing them in such a large container so early may have been a newb mistake but it is what it
is. If anyone has anything too add or suggest plz feel free to do so as i'm winging it right now with just reading
experience so far.
I should have cleaned up the catch plates before the pic. :(
grebsplant.jpg

Here we are day 5. All seems to be going well. All 4 have sprouted which i'm very pleased with. White Widow #1 seems to have a bend to
her and i'm not sure why. Should I be concerned? Been lightly spraying the tops 2 times a day. Well once a day except today. The top inch or so dries out pretty fast with the 315 cmh shining down. Figured it wouldn't hurt much since the roots are barely formed at the stage
and everything is sitting on the top inch or so on the soil. Could be wrong, I know the biggest mistake new people do is over water. Been
watching and reading tons of vids but most only talk about watering when there further along than mine. Any advice for the first 2 or so weeks as far as watering would be awesome.
Well heres a few pics of my children and a closer one of the bent one.
20161105_171855.jpg
steveppic2.jpg
stevebent1.jpg
steveppic3.jpg
20161105_171919.jpg

I grow for the same reasons as you and I wish you all the best, some fantastic photographs there and they look happy in their soil. The only recommendation I would give is to water by circling the outer area of the plant so she that her roots search for water, only drops will do it slowly dripped so that the soil holds it close instead of running off to the sides. I hope this makes sense and welcome to :420: albeit a bit late :passitleft:

I've not tried these bulbs but it's common sense I think. Your plants are looking happy except maybe the bent one. That could be anything but it is a little longer than the others, if they start bending away from the light move it away. If they stretch move it closer. Pretty much the same for light and plants any which way I reckon ;)

Nothing new to show today. Nothing much has changed. Maybe the smaller ones caught up a lil. Decided to check the distance between the light and plant. Was over 40 inches away and my butt puckered a lil. I dropped the light down to 24 inches from the plant. i'll give it a day and see how they like it. I'm nervous about burning the lil babies

You don't want to feed seedlings until 2 or 3 weeks in Grebs, they should have all the nutrients they require until then. Also CalMag is usually used as a supplement to LED grows as most (Blurple types) use specific wavelengths that create the need for more Calcium and Magnesium :thumb:

Nothing much to report today. I have noticed the Temps got in the lower 80s when I lowered the light. Temp reading coming from the middle bottom of the tent. I opened up another vent at the bottom and turned my exhaust fan on high in hopes to keep it a lil lower. I would be pleased if the running temp (light on) was around 80 or lower. Maybe I'm not taking Temps right tho. I can't imagin bring able to manipulate the Temps by much when I'm taking the reading right under the light. Off the the side it may be much lower? Where are you guys and gals taking your Temps? I would assume at the canopy?
Been reading a few different articals with conflicting temps. Some Say I'm fine at 81/82 degrees F. Others say I'm too high.
What are your running temps?

Nov 9. Nothing really new to report. There not dead so that's a good thing. Put in a small oscillating fan in. It hits all 4 ok. Not much air but enough to help the stems get strong I suppose. I hung my hygrometer on top of my light and let the chord hang down to the level of the seedlings. Its not hot on top of the light at all. This is how I seen a few people do there's so must be a good spot. I need to remember that I started this on the 31st but they didn't sprout out of the ground till the 4th. That makes these pics today there 5th day above ground. First almost inch is bone dry even tho I watered them last night till it came out of the bottom. After the first inch I could tell it was a lil more moist. Gave them all a misting today. Been letting the top get dry and then mist on days I don't water. I would have started these in smaller pots like solo cups if I could do it all over again. The way this Happy frog seems to dry out messes with me and the seedlings being so small, I'm not sure how far down the roots are after 5 or 6 days. They seem healthy but I'm a lil surprised that they are not bigger. Think its a new grower thing. They pop out so fast but now it seems they haven't changed much in a few days. Maybe because I look at them too much? lol
Enjoy.
20161109_152220.jpg
20161109_152226.jpg
20161109_152230.jpg
20161109_152235.jpg
20161109_152246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom