MrGreen23's - Virgin Grower - Multi-Plant Grow Journal - 2016

MrGreen23

Good morning everyone,

As a first timer, I hope I'm doing this right. So I am growing 3 ladies and a bag seed. This is my very first grow. I am growing Medical Skunk (Skunk #1), which is a 35% Sativa/65% Indica mix from Colombian, Afghan and Mexican parents; Special Kush #1, which is a 20%/80% Afghani x Skunk mix; White Thunder, which is a 40%/60% Afghani x Skunk mix and a bag seed. (This is also the order of the pics.) I am growing them in Roots Organic soil. They have been in the soil for 25 days and in veg for 22 days.

The setup is:
2x4x5 grow tent
400w dimmable MH/HPS grow light with reflector hood
4" exhaust fan
12" oscillating fan for circulation

My issue at this point is discoloration in the leaves. I'm not sure if it is a nutrient deficiency or light burn or both. My light is 30" from the tops right now. I'm using the MH bulb for veg. I had it lower, but that is when I first started noticing the yellowing. I have been watering 3 times a week during veg. Plants are about 6" now. I started using the FOX Farms trio yesterday. I gave all the ladies a 1/2 strength feeding yesterday (first one). I hope to see some improvement in the net few days. I was hoping to start flowering in the next 2 weeks. I am waiting for more soil so that I can transplant them into 5 gallon smart pots. I am going to get a thermostat today for the inside of the tent. I think one of my mistakes is that I was exhausting into the same room instead of to the outside. I corrected that yesterday. I also have a small fan blowing air, on low, into one of the bottom vents. I do have a pH and a PPM meter. Any advice/guidance would be immensely appreciated. I really want to do a good grow. Thanks everyone!

Med_Skunk1.jpg
SK112.jpg
White_Thunder.jpg
Reg4.jpg

Good morning everyone,

I have a big question. 2 of my plants (Medial Skunk and the bag seed) are growing faster than the others (White Thunder and Special Kush #1). Their tops are longer and the branches are thicker. I'm guessing it's because they are 4 different strains. They have been vegging now for 37 days, so I'm sure I can start flowering. Definitely don't want to over-veg. First question is: Can I still scrog these without having to veg much longer? In all the videos I've seen, the plants are either taller or bushier with stronger branches. The screens are also set at a certain height and they say let the plants grow up into it. I don't think the 2 smaller plants will fit...they're only 12 inches tall, while the other 2 are 16 inches. Guess I shoulda studied supercropping, topping and lollipopping more (sigh). Seems like the people in the videos are only bending branches, not the main stem. I really wanted to try this method. Is there any way to still do it? Second question: Should I start flowering now or allow the smaller plants to grow more? I'm still confident, just a little frustrated at this point. You guys are really knowledgeable, so please help! Thanks guys.
20161123_103435.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Good evening,

I actually haven't been on this forum because there was no replies to my posts. This grow is alive and well. I am in Week 4 of flowering. The bag seed turned out to be male, so it's gone. I built a SCROG about 6 weeks ago. I got my pH and temp under control. My in/out pH is steady at 6.4/6.4. Temp stays under 80, usually 77. Feeding with FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom every 3 days on a F/F/W rotation. I've gotten a lot of help and guidance from 2 forums that I participate in. The ladies are asleep right now, but I will post some new pics tomorrow. Thanks for the interest and here are the pics:

SCROG Day 21 Flowering
20161218_105227.jpg

White Thunder Day 65
20161218_105250.jpg

Special Kush #1 Day 65
20161218_105258.jpg

Medical Skunk Day 65
20161218_105307.jpg

White Thunder side view
20161218_105807.jpg

I'm having trouble loading pics. This forum is much more difficult to use than the other forums that I participate in. Why can't you just upload a pic like anyone else. I'm outta here. Abandon this journal if you like.

Mr Green23,

As stated in our Posting Guidelines, all images must be uploaded to our Photo Gallery. We do know that using our gallery may be a little more work for our members, but it keeps the website in better shape for viewing and we retain the professional look we are aiming for.

Reason being that off-site photos can be removed from their hosting sources, leaving us with dead links and an untidy website. More importantly, these images/links can and have been known to include viruses, trojans and spam ads designed to steal your private information, harvest ip addresses, compromise your location, damage your computer or even worse. Most importantly, members viewing the thread for help are unable to find support there, because without the photos, the thread becomes worthless. This hinders the learning process and could send them elsewhere for help.

If you need help with the gallery, please check out the tutorial on how to post photos:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Greenest Regards,
David Bowman

Good evening everyone,

Now at Week 5 of Flowering. While the ladies are growing well, I have noticed some discoloring yesterday on the Medical Skunk...kinda looks like rust. There main explanation seems to be pH fluctuation. I keep my pH right around 6..3, 6.4 going in and it's usually around 6.5 coming out. I'm going to feed them at 6.0 from now on. I have been feeding them every 3 days and that was working great. Then last week, I messed up the schedule. I missed the 23rd, so I fed them on the 24th. Then I missed the 27th and watered them on the 28th. I then fed them again on the 30th for fear of not enough nutes. I'm using a Feed-Feed-Water schedule, so they're due for a feeding today, getting back on my 3-day schedule.

SCROG Day 35 Flower
20170102_084120.jpg

White Thunder Day 80
20170102_084136.jpg

SK1 Day 80
20170102_084143.jpg

Medical Skunk
20170102_084148.jpg

Leaf issues
20170102_095758.jpg
20170102_095806.jpg

Awesome journal. I'm on my second grow and know how good the feeling of harvesting your own top shelf buds is! Your girls look good and healthy. U should be rewarded very soon. I got a royal queen special kush #1 flowering now and can't wait to try her she smells so fruity so far. Keep up the good work I'm sure people will catch on to this journal especially with these buds building!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We have now completed 6 weeks of flowering...woohoo! At this point, my Medi Skunk is starting to yellow a little. It's my fault cuz I overfed them last week. I fed them 3 times without watering...that's what I get for not checking my journal before I fed them. I watered them yesterday with 6.0 distilled water. Hopefully, she will bounce back. I took pics with lights on and off.I grabbed a humidifier about 4 days ago, so my RH is now up to 50% while my temp stays around 79. I did a little cutting today as well...a few fans here and there to try to get more light below. This is such a learning experience and I'm lovin it!

SCROG Week 6 Flower
20170109_101541.jpg

SK1 Day 87
20170109_101639.jpg

SK1 Day 87 lights off
20170109_101753.jpg

White Thunder Day 87
20170109_101622.jpg

White Thunder Day 87 lights off
20170109_101744.jpg

Medical Skunk Day 87
20170109_101657.jpg

Medical Skunk Day 87 lights off
20170109_101731.jpg

Hey family,

Sorry for the delay...just got out of the hospital yesterday, hence the late update. We have completed 7 weeks of flowering and the ladies are looking good, I had my daughter water them on Sunday for me. She did a good job. Temp is holding at around 79 with RH around 33%. The SK1 is the tallest girl with a few 10" colas...nice! The colas on the White Thunder are around 7-8". The Skunk also has around 7" colas. i wasn't able to tend to them for 5 days, so some of my leaves turned yellow...I clipped them. Light penetration is good throughout and the smell is awesome, especially in the morning when I open the tent. Sometimes i play with them just to smell my fingers lol!

SCROG Day 49
20170117_150809.jpg

White Thunder Day 95
20170117_150824.jpg

SK1 Day 95
20170117_150832.jpg

Medical Skunk Day 95
20170117_150909.jpg

Well the day has come! Tomorrow is officially 8 weeks of flowering and here is a final shot of the ladies. I plan to chop chop tomorrow. I'm curious as to what you guys think, being that I ran into a lighting blunder 4 days ago...fried my ballast! I don't have a mag glass to see the trichs, but you can see that a lot of the hairs have turned brown or red and they are rather frosty. I didn't see any real complications using the 100W CFLfor 4 days, so should I chop or wait another week...thoughts?

White Thunder Week 8 Flower
20170122_125441.jpg

SK1 Week 8 Flower
20170122_125456.jpg

Medical Skunk Week 8 Flower
20170122_125532.jpg

When will there be...a harvest? (In my Isley Bros. voice lol!) Why today of course! Got to chopping around noon today. 5 1/2 hours later, I was ready to hang! Trimming was VERY tedious (in a good way), but I actually enjoyed watching the buds take form before my eyes! The ladies are now hanging in my tent at 73 degrees with 37% RH. I'm thinking I'll let them hang at least a week. I want to thank everyone who has helped me on this journey! The things that I've learned are invaluable and I anticipate my future grows to be awesome as a result! THANK YOU!

White Thunder pre- & post-trim
7WT_B_A.jpg

SK1 pre- & post-trim
7SK1_B_A.jpg

Medical Skunk pre- & post-trim
7MS_B_A.jpg

Just hangin out
20170123_221321.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom