PE636's Purple Kush Coco Grow

PE636

This will be my first cannabis grow! My setup is a 2x4x5 tent with a 4inch carbon filter and fan venting an air cooled 400w MH/HPS. I'll be using a 70/30 coco perlite mix and GH nutrients(flora trio, a couple supplements and calmag). This will be crop King seeds purple kush and I'll be trying my hand at a scrog grow. Currently on day 2 after breaking ground in 4inch pots.
20161128_195324.jpg

So I had tipped over one of the pots when watering the other day, temporarily displacing the sprouted seed. She's not doing too well, just barely above ground for a day now and the round leaves don't seem to be opening or reacting to the light though it looks healthy enough.. Little worried it might be stunted so I am germinating a backup purple kush and also a white widow just to make things interesting I guess I will try for 3 plants in this grow.

Hey man, subbed. Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

This is what I'm planning for my next grow.
Coco hydro organic - Easy & cheap - Water daily

Thanks Bedroom farmer I'll have to check that one out... PK that I didn't drop is a couple inches and looking good, the one I dropped seems to be doing nothing but will give it couple more days.. Waiting on the replacement pk and white widow to germinate. Am feeding the GH seedling schedule at half strength. Calmag arrived yesterday so have added that as well.

HI Bro!

Think I'll tag along... Also growing PK from CKS in coco at the moment!

I agree with Bedroomfarmer, I water twice a day and always get lots runoof. Feed nutes until 2 week, calmag and nutes 4 days in a row then plain water once 'cause coco tends to acumulate salt. Had a little bit of humidity issues, but this strain is strong and has supported quite a bit of stress.

Sent from my SM-J700M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Picked up a humidifier the other day since it was down around 35 percent, have it around 50 percent now in the tent. Wood stove heat is nice but awfully dry! I've been watering the PK seedling a couple times a day with nutrients at half general hydroponics recommended seedling strength and once with plain Ph'd water. Just dripping about 15 ml each time in a 2 inch circle around the stem. I had her under a t5 for the first 4 days since then it's been in the tent under the MH lamp dimmed to 300w about 24 inches above on 18/6. Temps are 69-71 lights off and just a few degrees higher with the light on maybe 78 if the wood stove is blazing.. It seems to dry fast so each few days I will water a bit more heavily.

To me PH is the most important factor on that chart. My tap water is very alkaline too (9+) . I've also noticed that is not constant, sometimes even higher or low.

Nutes (calmag/GH Flora nova grow) have always take the ph down to 6 or 5. The target is 5.8 tho, I use a little bit of baking soda to get there. GH Ph up or down is the ideal. You have to get used to it and will end up hitting 5.8 easily after a few weeks. Is matter of play with it an test it out every time you water.

Sent from my SM-J700M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wow I thought 8.3 was high guess not... Ya I had bought a ph pen and adjustment kit right from the start when I was getting set up so I am all over that. I washed my coco a couple times with boiling water then ran some 6.0 water through and got 5.8 runoff so I am confident about the ph. Nutes are always in range too. Been reading and going to try the 6/9 method since it seems to work and is nice and simple (kinda like me! )...
Added more coco to what I had in my big pots since after watering the 4inch ones I realized I have too much perlite in the mix so it's somewhat better now, if I had another brick I'd probably dilute the perlite even further though..

Thanks Bedroom farmer I'll have to check that one out... PK that I didn't drop is a couple inches and looking good, the one I dropped seems to be doing nothing but will give it couple more days.. Waiting on the replacement pk and white widow to germinate. Am feeding the GH seedling schedule at half strength. Calmag arrived yesterday so have added that as well.

A few of mine done that at first I raised the light a bit and it recoverd some still had seed sealed on the top sprout when I mean stuck im lucky the head didn't rip off welcome to 420 you'll have all the help and support you need here wish you good luck on your journal .......

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Velk thanks! Ya I think most groundwater has a tiny bit of arsenic, I know of some people who had to get an r/o for the home for that reason! Mine is considered super low amount apparently. The water test was done as part of buying my house, a standard thing around here. There's a lab that does it, drop off sample wait 5 days and get your printout back.

Back
Top Bottom