Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Cannoisseuras

420-magazine-mobile499268610.jpg

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I recently acquired some beans from a friend and rather let them go to waste I decided to put them to use if it keeps me from spending $45 everyday and a half on medicine I'm fine with that I terminated the beans in distilled water for 16 hours before placing them in pots with Organic potting soil am using seedligers fertilizer on the soil along with a basic nutrient for tomatoes I am also using a high nitrogen blend I believe that is called soul N (grow) I have been getting away with watering every 3 days I determined to Water by sticking my finger in the soil for moisture I give the fertilizer once a month the nutrients every other feeding and the soul N every watering. I have two 2ft t5 6500k cfls and one 2 ft 2400 cfl they are in a 18/6 light schedule I will add a hid before I switch to 12/12 for floweing. My space is a small spot I found in the corner of a closet I have that spot coverd in foil which I know is not optimal and can leave hot spots and is approx only 55% reflective I will upgrade as I go/grow and accumulate extra funds I have some picture I will post as soon as I find out how my grow enviroment is 77 lights in 68 ligghts off with a rh of 55 on average. These beans sprouted in nov 18th and are 12 days from seed. Like I said im new and this is my first time so am open to intelligent suggestions and all are welcome to my journal

I was going to up pot them but I was planning on using 3 gallon pots. I didnt know what was best all I was told was I need to let them veg for 8 weeks. But the person who told me that I have never seen with a live plant of any kind so I dont even know if he knows what hes talking about. Only thing I do know is I have two babies growing and I want to get the best I can from them with the equipment that I have. That is hoping and praying that at least one of the babies is female. If I had bad luck and they both turn out to be males should I throw them away and take my loss or can you make edibles or hash/butter with them. Either way it is still a learning experience and I am fascinated by taking part in the wonders of nature. Thx for the feedback all. You are appreciated

You can definitely flower sooner than 8 weeks. Its hard to know with an unknown strain how long it will flower or if it will be fem. A very basic rule is 1 gallon / month of life in soil. many flower on 4 weeks veg, some go 12/12 from seed. Veg time exponentially effects harvest yield/weight. Are you going to take cuttings?

If you go with an 8 week veg, consider 7 gallon pots (10 would be better), or at least 5 gallons at a bare minimum.
I think the added soil will do as much, or more, for your yield as the extra time. I use 7's and still usually flip sooner than you are planning. Hopefully you have plenty of height. Some sativas will grow to 6'+ even after a 4-5 week veg.

I have no idea what strain you are growing, but it appears to be a hybrid in the ballpark range of 50%/50% indica/sativa.

Thanks guys I will definetly need to up pot them. I would rather not veg them for 8 weeks just because im anxious and if they do turn out to be females im anxious to try it but then again I guess most of us are. Say you have a healthy plant and you let it veg for 4 or 5 weeks do you think you can reasonably expect at least an ounce from each plant at harvest

And as to the cloning question I havent decided yet cuz I dont even know the strain also as of now I only have one space for my babies and need to finish that setup before I start on another. Also I will be ordering some beans shortly. I was thinking about some autos just because of my area issues I have heard people swear by autos but again I heard people say never get autos. I have seen some impressive looking autos on here though. Any info or opinions on the issue will be appreciated

And as to the cloning question I havent decided yet cuz I dont even know the strain also as of now I only have one space for my babies and need to finish that setup before I start on another. Also I will be ordering some beans shortly. I was thinking about some autos just because of my area issues I have heard people swear by autos but again I heard people say never get autos. I have seen some impressive looking autos on here though. Any info or opinions on the issue will be appreciated

420-magazine-mobile555058678.jpg

Back
Top Bottom