Grnwzrds 2nd Closet Northern Lights Grow, 315W CMH In Coco

Grnwzrd

Hey guys started another grow with the northern lights,this time in a taller
cupboard and with my new air ducted reflector ive been waiting to use.
Finally got the clones last week with no roots but got impatient waiting so i took them anyway,
put them in 100mm pots with some fresh coco and mixed up some weak grow ferts for them.
Fast forward a week and weve got root action.

Usually i take plenty of photos but someone has moved my camera battery charger
and for the life of me i cant find it. I should have some photos soon.

I'm going to be doing another scrog type setup but they'll be left in grow for longer
and trained harder, and hopefully smarter. I'm hoping to hit the magic 10 with this
setup, but i wont get too ahead of myself just yet. I got 7.5oz of product from the
last setup which was much smaller and not really optimised to it's full potential
so who knows.

Well i'm back in buiseness and pretty excited,hopefully my next post will have some pics.

Thanks guys. I'm tipping the house upside down trying to find my camera charger.
I'm on a few forums because i build things and i also sell things online. didn't realise
the camera charger was going to be such an issue. lol. I suppose that's what happens when
you cant operate or dont want to operate a smartphone that has a camera on it. haha.

Pics will be coming soon hopefully.

Found an old camera that decided to work so i grabbed some pics.

SAM_17022.JPG

SAM_1704.JPG

SAM_1706.JPG

Just waiting for them to fill these pots then going up to another size. Should be
fun in this new cabinet and the new setup. Looking forward to this grow.

Thanks for looking.

Just dropped the lights down too. Hoping for a decent week of root growth.
Then comes the fun of topping and training. I'll be cutting another screen of steel mesh
to sit under the pots soon so ive got a whole grid underneath to tie down to.

This will be the first time ive used this light from beginning to end,very
interested to see what happens. Last grow had a 250w hps for the grow cycle.

Thanks guys. Im real excited about this grow. More space outwards and a lot more upwards,
not that the girls will be going far up, but i can get the light nice and high and make the most
out of the new shade and the light. My last grow was so cramped there where a lot of shadows.

I'm also (after going up through 3 different size plastic pots) using air pots.The cloth ones.
I bought them from the hydro shop months ago. 19ltr i think. be interesting after harvest to cut the bag
open and see what the root growth was like, they're large bags. I look at the condition of the roots
of my plants more than anything.

In case anyone's interested i watched a documentary the other night called weediquete.
Worth a watch.

Grnwzrd - I believe you're talking about the channel Viceland. Weediquette actually a series. That channel has several other non-traditional shows. Black Market (smuggling gas in south America or smuggling supplies across the Palestine border) as well as a show call Pharmecopia. That series just had an episode about mushrooms. Interesting stuff.

Ahh i get it, i thought it was just that show. We only just got the Viceland channel
here and i must say the doco's are very modern and down to the point. There's been
a few things on there that have made me think they might have gone too far.

It's an interesting world we live in, and most of the good stories will probably never
be told.

While i'm rambling and on the subject of doco's, if you eat and love Sriracha sauce there's
a brilliant documentary about it,and the legend that started it. Here's a trailer for it.
The guy's an absolute gem.
Trailer: "Sriracha" documentary now on YouTube! - YouTube

Just jumped up a pot size, thought you guys might like some root pics.

SAM_1710.JPG

SAM_17121.JPG

SAM_1713.JPG

SAM_1714.JPG

The girls look quite happy. Should be a good crop this year. Fingers crossed ;)

Thanks for looking.

Not much on an update but i pinched the tops off the girls and over
then next few days i'm going to start some light trimming. The girls look
happy,got a couple of pics for the sake of it.

IMG_320017.JPG

IMG_319915.JPG

By the end of the week they should have roots starting to fill the new pots.
Thanks for looking.

Took some leaves off the girls (not much at all) and raised the light a bit.
Decided to flip them out of the pots to check how the new roots are going in the bigger pots.
The girls seem happy. Good roots = good grow. As far as i'm concerned.

The girls arent yellow its just the lights been on for a bit longer than when
i normally take pics.

IMG_321712.JPG

IMG_321814.JPG

IMG_321913.JPG

They'l be up for a second topping soon i think and some training. And bigger pots.
Looks like there should be a few good branches for me to play with.

Thanks for looking.

Upped the pot size again. I'm going into hospital for a week so i wont be on here
obviously, but hopefully my carer looks after the girls. They look pretty happy.
Solid root growth anyway...

IMG_322015.JPG

IMG_322212.JPG

IMG_322316.JPG

IMG_322416.JPG

These babies are going to be beautiful plants.

i'd love to just get in and strip leaves off and start tying down branches, but
i wont be home for a while and dont want to strangle the plants.
Cheers. ;)

Just got out of hospital and the girls have been looked after well. They look
very happy indeed. I took a few leaves off and bent the highest branches down.
Tomorrow i'll be cutting and fitting the grid for under the pots and the training begins.

Still tossing up whether to go to the air pots/bag pots whatever they are or just leave them in these pots.
Stupid me didnt cut the holes big enough in the wood for the size of the bag pots.
Saying that i could always take out the jigsaw and make the holes bigger. I'll decide tomorrow.
I'm also going to probably take some cuttings or at least one,see what happens.

Should be plenty of branches to play with.

Anyway, here's some snaps of the girls. Veg about week 4

IMG_322814.JPG

IMG_323113.JPG

IMG_323215.JPG

Thanks for looking. Peace.

Thanks golfer.

The ladies had a big day today. I redid where they sit with the double mesh idea so i could tie to it.
Had to cut the holes a lot bigger and do a few other things. Still need to source some good sized
drip trays tomorrow as the old ones wheren't adequate. Heres the new floor-

IMG_323417.JPG

Then the girls got their new pots. The fabric pots. Pretty happy with the root growth so far-

IMG_323710.JPG

Here's a pic of the ladies in natural light,from when i was swapping the pots over.
Not the easiest thing to do, but hopefully worth it.

IMG_32388.JPG

Then they went back in the box with the new setup and traning has started.
Usually i would have started training a while back in the grow (hence the holes around the pots if anyone noticed)
but a hospital stay and other things have made me have to wait till now. Should be fun though
trying a different way. I'm using green wire tie.

IMG_324013.JPG

IMG_324212.JPG

IMG_324311.JPG

IMG_324415.JPG

The girls will look a bit upset at the moment being pulled down and repotted on the same day
but theyll bounce back. They'll probably be upright again tomorrow morning. lol. They will
be living in these bags now till the end. I took a few cuttings from the bottom too,just
to trim the plant.

For a laugh, i had no rockwool but had some coco left over and some little
chinese shooter glasses. Dipped the cuttings in some clonex,pushed them into the little pots and
chucked them under the big girls where the drip trays normally go. just for a laugh.
I'm not losing anything,i just dont have anywhere to put them when i flip the big girls.

I'll give them a day or two then start some defol.
Anyway...

Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom