First Scrog Attempt - Soil - 400W - From Seed

SGreenman90

I am attempting my first ever Scrog grow! The four seeds that we germinated are a cross between a sour diesel seed I got from some club bud and a random plant (my sour diesel plant accidentally got pollinated when I took the plant outside while repairing my light). Anyway the seeds were five years old so I'm surprised they sprouted at all! 3 have actually broken through the soil, the last one took two weeks to germinate while the other three only took a couple days so we'll see how it goes. Any ways the oldest one is 16 days old. I topped (maybe fim, idk it's close) the two larger ones two days ago.

I'm growing in 4'x4'x6.5' tent and my 400w mh is about 18" from the top of the larger plants. I currently have them all in 1.5 gallon pots but plan on transplanting to 5 gallon cloth grow bags once I can determine their sex. I plan on LSTing to keep the short and bushy to prepare for the Scrog. Plus I don't want to put the screen over them until I can determine sex.

I'll up load some pics as soon as I can figure out how to from my phone.

IMG_080439.JPG
IMG_085241.JPG
IMG_085241.JPG
IMG_083736.JPG

Been a while since I added anything post wise so here is an update. Haven't quite figured out this app and my computer crashed a 2 weeks ago. So I have installed the Scrog net, topped the third plant, reported two with fox farm ocean forest and perlite in 10 gallon cloth pots, did some defoliation on the two oldest ones.

420-magazine-mobile1954460752.jpg
420-magazine-mobile905003578.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1117248573.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1143910247.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1593396539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1601296832.jpg
420-magazine-mobile471492109.jpg

I still got some Veg time left. I'm thinking I'll flip sometime in mid January when I can put in a carbon scrubber and vent fan

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I was able to buy Dr. Earths vegetable herb potting mix for really cheap to repot the third plant (Plant C.) it was looking really neat up as were Plants A and B before I reported so hopefully in a few days it'll look better. Found first preflowers on Plant A, tried to get a good pic but it's kinda hard to see.
420-magazine-mobile1650783909.jpg

Here's a top view of the whole canopy
420-magazine-mobile876656730.jpg

I'm thinking I'll top one more time probably right before New Years and then flip em two weeks after. All depends on their growth over the next week though.

Top view of each.
Plant B
420-magazine-mobile213063925.jpg

Plant A
420-magazine-mobile51226586.jpg

Looks like you have some nute burn. Have you checked the soil PH?

I just transplanted to FFOF and used FF big bloom. I read the might get a little nute burn from this. I haven't noticed anymore since right after the transplant so not too worried but I've been keeping an eye on it. I currently have no way to check ph so I'm just filtering water through a brita filter and using big bloom and watching for any signs.

Cannabis is such a wonderfully resilient plant and survives most of our amateurish abuses marvellously.

However, I highly recommend getting yourself some way to check PH asap. You can't fix a problem if you can't identify it.

Thanks for joining all! I just found some pre flowers on the top left plant so both the healthy ones are females! The runt is growing lots of tops all bunched together and it's color is looking a little better but I took to long to transplant so might take longer to recover.

420-magazine-mobile1380711493.jpg

And some top photos and under canopy. Still a long way to go, I have a big space.
420-magazine-mobile887867630.jpg

420-magazine-mobile672314625.jpg

Does anyone know how high up a 400w will need to be to cover a 4'x4' area? Right now since the plants are in the center still I have the light about 8-10 inches away so they get the most light but as the y spread out the edges aren't getting much

Cannabis is such a wonderfully resilient plant and survives most of our amateurish abuses marvellously.

However, I highly recommend getting yourself some way to check PH asap. You can't fix a problem if you can't identify it.

Unfortunately I'm completely broke until mid January, then I get $1000 coming my way. that's when I'm gonna buy an hps bulb, an online fan and carbon filter, FF tiger bloom, and an oscillating fan or two, maybe a cloning chamber with root gel and then I'll switch to flower. I was thinking of buying something to check the ph, what do you recommend?

Unfortunately I'm completely broke until mid January, then I get $1000 coming my way. that's when I'm gonna buy an hps bulb, an online fan and carbon filter, FF tiger bloom, and an oscillating fan or two, maybe a cloning chamber with root gel and then I'll switch to flower. I was thinking of buying something to check the ph, what do you recommend?

If money is really tight, you could even go with litmus strips. I am currently using a liquid ph indicator and had to purchase more after some wild ph swings in my hydro used up the rest of my bottle and, for the price i paid, I could have bought a ph indicator pen. You can buy them for around $10 but I have never used one so can't give first hand feedback. Check out some online reviews and see what you think.

As for your oscillating fans, you can pick them up dirt cheap in charity shops, garage sales, second hand online etc, especially now it's winter.

And a cloning chamber can easily be made from cheap plastics. I was all set to make one from a couple of deep plastic meat trays before I found one in the greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom