First Grow Ever, Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Horasce

I am looking forward to starting a grow with two, maybe three, plants.

I ordered all of my stuff last week and it shows to be delivered over the course of this week.

Vivosun 3'x3' tent
Vivosun 6" vent fan
600w LED grow light
Frog Potting soil and solo cups to start
FX14000 Organic Soil and 7gal containers
qty @ 2, 4" fan, for in-tent circulation
Accurite - Temp and Humidity tracker
7day Timer for Lights
FX14049 nutrients

The plants I will try are:
Grandaddy Purple
Strawberry Cough
Sour Diesel

My yield will be used for depression and mainly anxiety. We do not want to get stoned but enjoy the medicinal effects of the plants.

Obviously I dont talk about this with anyone.

Any feedback here is welcome.

I am looking to start them in a glass of mineral water to sprout, move to starter pellets, move to plain potting soil in SOLO cups, then move to their containers for the rest of the grow. Veg for about 4 weeks and will try a little LST.

I look forward to setting up the grow tent, the fans, the light, the timer, and the temperature/humidity sensor this week, monitor the progress, and adjust where necessary. I have a steamer humidifier and a hot oil heater if needed.

This all depends on when/if the seeds arrive. They should arrive anytime this week or next week. They were shipped 7 days ago.

Since I dont discuss with anyone I'll take some pictures as the stuff arrives and I start setting it up.

re: First Grow - Ever - Excited - Anxious & A Little Scared

I got my stuff today and set it all up.

Pictures are soon to be attached! As soon as I can figure it out.....

Need some power strips and a few other whatnots but she is setup and ready to go.

20161213_225925.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1280460

First Grow - Ever - Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Awesome! Welcome to growing. This is exciting what a great holiday start for you.

Advice from seasoned growers: enjoy the process more than making it a task and over doing it. Especially since it looks like you're going organic. Me too. All about keeping it green.

I also did the same transplanting schedule which is a good one.

And definitely LST. Very beneficial. Even HST if you want but with a short veg cycle you should only LST. But may I ask why only 4 weeks of veg? That's very short. Try for 6-8. But veg time and final yield go hand in hand.

Best of luck and welcoming to growing!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: First Grow - Ever - Excited - Anxious & A Little Scared

Throwing my opinion into the mix - 4 weeks seems very short veg if you're coming from seed - i potted two inch tall clones into small six inch pots almost three weeks ago - they are doing lovely and almost ready to transplant to their big 18 inch tall buckets - i'd expect to give them at least another two weeks veg after this - been gently LSTing them after their first week in small pots so that they splay out and light gets into the centre nicely

they were probably a couple weeks old when i got em at two inches tall - that's at least seven weeks veg time - really worth the wait as your plants will yield so much more if you allow em the chance to grow potential flower sites, which is what you're doing in veg

Thanks so much for the forums wonderful support!

Seeds finally arrived! - Strawberry Cough and GDP Snowcap

Dropped them in distilled water a few hours ago. I got the red solo cups, seed pods, and the youngling potting soil ready.

I ordered seeds from a separate seedbank right before Christmas. Those just passed through customs last night. I will probably start one more plant just for variety.

We here enjoy our medical grades and cant wait to enjoy the produce of our hard work. We are hoping to get some cooler weather in the south so we can get a nice veg growth before flowering.

The grow has begun! My dear spouse blew kisses on them so we know everything is going to be just perfectly fine!

Re: First Grow - Ever - Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Hey! Thanks for the post!

I am a newb and appreciate the comments and questions.

What is the benefit from a longer veg time? If it means healthier, bushier, and fruitful plants then by all means this is what we will do!

The other part of my thought is purely from research and not from experience. Please, keep the comments coming! Thank you! :- )

The process is a lot more fun than I anticipated. Waiting on the seeds was getting very disheartening. I felt confused, betrayed, ripped off, etc... My wife has a side business and her packages were coming several times a week. Watching hers was making it more difficult. Then, after 34 dyas, I contacted the seller and she said that it processed through ORD. I was like SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! Sure as S41T there they were. I was so relieved but still upset. My wife stayed around the house to sign for the package and man it was like a 5 yr old at christmas opening the BIG present.

I promptly put them in the water cuz I had everything waiting and its been a sweet experience since.

Every day I check them. I feel like I am caring for baby kittens that dont have a momma. I watch their temperature, humidity, water saturation, growth, health, etc.... It just seems that 4 months is a really long time.

6-8 weeks to veg and then about 7 weeks to flower then 3 weeks to dry and cure. I know the benefits are well worth waiting for and the experience in itself is a journey.

Yeah!! Without the journey there's no appreciation for the harvest!!!

:thumb: :circle-of-love: :high-five:

Congrats! I find seedling stage the most fun next to smoking our harvest. You're doing great. Don't set a schedule to water. Lift the cups to feel how light they are. At early stage you probably only need to water once a week or every 5 days depending on soil composition. I added too much perlite in one of my cups and had to water her every other day until I got her transplanted. Lift test is always the best way to ensure you're not overwatering. Allow the cups to get nearly as dry as unwatered soil.

Best wishes on your Grow!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Totally agree with dubnation.

I'm new to growing myself, but I drowned 2 seeds due to over watering, and 2 more due to poor drainage from the cups. I watered twice a week. I was down to my last 2 seeds when I decided to dial it down and drill more holes for drainage.

After your initial watering, don't water for at least 5 days. This will help your seedlings establish their root system which is key to a healthy plant. At day 5 check your soil. Scratch the top of the soil to half your pinky. If its still moist down there then leave em for the day and check again the next day. Its easy to tell if its moist because some of the soil will stick to your finger.

I would also recommend throwing those cups into another cup that is a solid color(like a dixie cup). Roots hate light, and the combination of direct light and moisture could possibly create root rot.

Happy growing

Back
Top Bottom