GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

GaBoy420

Hey there 420Magazine Family!!!

I can't tell you all how much I've missed you all. Unfortunately due to the circumstances I had to abandon my last journal and grow. Luckily I am now in a better position to return to growing and keeping a journal and I am so excited and eager to get started, I decided to get a bit of a head start on things. My plan for this year is to put a few plants in 7 - 10 gallon pots outside, and 2 or 3 in the ground in my raised vegetable garden (in their own raised box of course). My yard is pretty secluded so I'm hoping I can get them to 4 or 5 ft tall without it being a problem. While I'll be letting the ones in the raised beds flower naturally, I'll probably force flower some of the plants I put in pots as well as force flowering some clones from the mothers I chose. Wish me luck!

Now for some info on my plants, seed stock. Because of my location, ordering seeds is not really an option, so for years I've been using bagseed, seeds from plants I've grown, and the occasional gift from a friend, but as some of you may remember, even those didn't work (turned out male, poor germination, etc,) but this year I think things are turning around for me! One of my close friends and dealers has a habit of keeping the last bit from each strain he gets. I asked if I could go through the stash and see if I could find any seeds since he says there's usually always one in the bottom of the lb. A couple hours and lbs later, I felt like I hit the lottery!!!
IMG_017865.JPG

Considering the nature of how I found these seeds, I believe it's safe to say they came from plants that went Herbie and are most likely feminized! So this year I will trying my hand with the following strains:
-Afghan OG
-Blue Dragon
-Cali Kush
-Cherry Pie
-GDP
-Bordello
-& last but not least, my own cross I have simply names, "The Strain"

A few days ago I went ahead and soaked 2 Bordello, and 2 "The Strain" seeds( I have the most of these, so I have back-ups if something happens) , put them in 1 pint nursery pots with a 50/50 mix of seed starter soil and homemade compost from my 2 year old worm bin. 1 "The Strain" broke soil yesterday, 1 Bordello broke soil today.
IMG_017555.JPG

(TS in back, Bordello in front)

They are currently in a makeshift light box on a 24hr light schedule. Will be adding more lights and info soon!
IMG_017460.JPG

Hey Everybody,

Just popping in with a quick update on how everything is growing over here. Being that the temperatures outside or still so low, I have the little ladies vegging in my box under some CFLs 24/7. Nothing fancy right now as they'll eventually be going outdoors around March. I figure it just gives me time to REALLY try and training. I'll also be switching them to 1g pots soon with Roots Organcis soil. I swear it's magic in a bag.

"The Strain #1"
420-magazine-mobile56850498.jpg

Bordello
420-magazine-mobile1509872940.jpg

"The Strain #2" - Broke soil yesterday, so welcome to the family!
420-magazine-mobile1315017007.jpg

Unfortunately, the 2nd Bordello seed didn't germinate, so I'm about to put one of the GDP seeds in some purified water and hope it sprouts! Once again, antsy in my pantsies and cant wait. Atleast I have 2 more beans if something were to happen to this one but hey...positive vibes, right! .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

GaBoys' 2017 Outdoor Adventures

:byebye:

Just grabbing a seat for the grow. :popcorn:

Great to have you, and as the first, you get the best seat in the house! Any one you want!

Slight update. Went out of town for the Holiday and the little ladies struggled a bit, as I knew they would. So on the way home yesterday I picked up some Roots Organics Soil and some 1/2 gallon pots. Transplanted all 3 into their new homes but was too tired to take pics after a 7 hour car drive and some gardening. Pics will come in a few hours. They should bounce back nicely. They have plenty of time .

Also, my GDP bean succumbed to a fungus attack smh. So, another bean in a shot glass of purified water with a couple drops of H202 (Hydrogen peroxide). 1 GDP seeds dead, 2 to go *crosses fingers*. Will pot it up in a pint pot with Roots Organics and move to the grow box after 24 hours of soaking.

Good afternoon everyone. A cold, rainy one in my parts. Here are the picture updates as promised. The girls are bouncing back nicely in their new pots with the Roots Organics.

The Strain #1
420-magazine-mobile495287920.jpg

The Strain #2
420-magazine-mobile913891513.jpg

Bordello - the best looking of the bunch. I believe showing indica dominance so I'm happy and hopeful about that!
420-magazine-mobile161194269.jpg

Before the transplant
420-magazine-mobile1491821546.jpg

420-magazine-mobile428258730.jpg

The new GDP Swedish in the Roots Organics in a pint pot. Will updated hopefully when she sprouts

Thanks for coming by and checking out my thread and HELPING!!!!! So a spring yard grow for you too!!!!! Nice! Im going to have to find a way to work your thread into my surfing and learning!!! I had to come tell you......... thanks for your help!
Namaste

Thanks for coming by and checking out my thread and HELPING!!!!! So a spring yard grow for you too!!!!! Nice! Im going to have to find a way to work your thread into my surfing and learning!!! I had to come tell you......... thanks for your help!
Namaste

No problem at all and thank you for stopping by my grow! We seem to have similar growing styles. Can't wait until it warms up enough where I am to move them outside. I've been very cautious in the past and will continue to do so, but plan on really pushing the limit this year. You have some beautiful plants, I hope they're good to you in return! Will be following along

UPDATE!!!! The Grandaddy Purple seed has sprouted!!! If it isn't obvious, this is one of the plants I am most excited about lol always been a favorite strain of mine and I can't wait to sample my own home grown version of this classic. Hoping for all the deep purple colors and all .. In the box with the others she goes
420-magazine-mobile724660565.jpg

420-magazine-mobile302266791.jpg

I love GDP too! Ive read its hard to grow? 3rd week of Feb. I put out my spring yard grow. I love it. It seems the few Ive done mature so good! Great day!

I'm a huge fan of anything purple. My fiancé and I even grow purple broccoli, corn, kohlrabi and pole beans in our vegetable garden lol. I'll probably be putting mine out about 2 weeks after you, but I'm hoping the cool weather really brings out her colors! First time growing it myself and I'm super excited

Good afternoon everyone. We made it through smowmageddon in my part of the globe! Update part 1:

- 5 days since the transplant into Roots Organics and 1/2 gallon pots.

- 4 days since the GDP sprouted .

They all seem to be loving the new soil as I knew they would. If you look at some of my other journals, I've used Roots Organics (Emerald Mountain) Soil before so I know it's black gold in a bag. Could find Emerald Mountain this time but the original is still amazing.

The Strain #1
420-magazine-mobile206537794.jpg

The Strain #2 - Still struggling a bit but bouncing back.
420-magazine-mobile98137767.jpg

Bordello
420-magazine-mobile2126422329.jpg

GDP Seedling, 4 days old. Stretching for the light a bit, but that's ok because she will be moving outside, and I want to take clones from the lower side branches. Hopefully as an almost pure indica, it will remain rather short in stature.
420-magazine-mobile1048170880.jpg

Group Shot before watering...
420-magazine-mobile986412630.jpg

Nice and dried out. All Roots have reached the bottoms of their pots. GDP included!
420-magazine-mobile1163874521.jpg

About to give them all a good watering with purified water. Trying to decide if I want to add a couple drops of Black Molasses...though I'm sure after only 5 days, there are more than enough nutrients in the soil still...so I'm thinking I'll save it for when it could really give them a boost and do some good. Sorry guys...I've been medicating lol. "BAKED Potato" with some cannabutter and a joint of 50/50 OG Kush & Blue Dream.

Will update with more pics and what I decided to do after I water them. Good day all .

My little experiment, simply named at this point, "The Strain".

A little history. I took my cross of Purple Kush x Blue Dream, "Purple Dream" i grew a few years ago. GREAT stuff. Harvested over Oz dried off each plant in 3 gallon containers.
420-magazine-mobile1083954206.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1694327647.jpg

420-magazine-mobile941416515.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1962854214.jpg
420-magazine-mobile625470841.jpg

I re-vegged & flowered them but the harvest wasn't going to be much to speak of. Low and behold! I had a Skywalker OG that turned out to be male, but was such a beautiful, healthy, PUNGENT plant with purple all in his flowers. Couldn't let him go to waste, right?!
420-magazine-mobile1348456277.jpg

420-magazine-mobile592953432.jpg

...So I let him pollinate the ladies! Shook him all over and around them. Then, left them outside to run their course. A few weeks later as the plants were yellowing and drying, I could see TONS of seeds popping out of their pods! I harvested the plants, collected ALL the mature seeds. Bagged them, enveloped the bag, and put them in the fridge. Pulled them out after about 7 months in the fridge and the result..."The Strain"!!

Peace & Blessings

UPDATE - 2 Days After Watering

The young ladies are responding well! Didn't use and un-sulfured black strap molasses. Good growth considering the current conditions. I can't wait to move them out into the garden when it warms up!

The Strain #1 - Looking very happy! Impressed with how it's doing. Already developing small trichomes on the fan leaves. This is "The Strain" mentioned in the above post.
1.jpg

The Strain #2 - was looking good! It had bounced back nicely as well. Trying some training with this one. Going to top it a few more times. Seeing what it can do/ handle. Going to let the lower nodes grow out and clone them.

2.jpg
3.jpg

Bordello - Loving this lady. Also developing trichomes on the fan leaves and putting out a strong smell. Trying to figure out how and if I'm going to train her.
4.jpg

GDP - so, I actually knocked her over and half the dirt moving them today smh but she looks good after sitting in a sunny window for a couple hours! Need this stretching to slow down a bit though.
5.jpg

Bordello #2 - Just sprouted this morning! I decided to go ahead and sprout another one of these just to see how it does in Roots Organics from the start, and without the struggle period. Fingers crossed!
6.jpg

Group Shot with "The Strain #2" before topping
7.jpg

UPDATE:

6 days since watering with purified water. They're pretty dry but not droopy yet, so I'll wait a little longer. Very interesting, "The Strain #2" developed these spots on the leaves today. Only one with them, farthest plant from the lights, and I don't use nutes so this is a bit puzzling. Will see how this plays out.

"The Strain #2"
1.jpg

Good Day All

Back
Top Bottom