Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Velk

Hey guys I'm about half way through my first journal ran in to a few problems along the way but have had so much help and support of everybody here at 420 so I'd like to say thanks for the help and knowledge

This time around will be doing some genetics that really appeal to my tastes not only that the genetics are excellent and they are autos ! Had a lot of help over at the auto growers club and thebeast27 auto topping thread my little baby's are booming now

lighting

X2 Mars hydro Mars II 900w fs LEDs
And a Mars 300 I will use at young stages before they go in the tent when others are done
And maybe for more light in the tent undecided yet

Strain #1
What strain is it. Mephisto genetics ripley's og (alien og auto)

Really wanted to try this for ages the alien genetics are really cool they are much taller than my others
420-magazine-mobile40979359.jpg

Here's the genetics and description

On the Mephisto quest to find and create the best auto-flowering og based strains, we have worked tirelessly for success. In a year of trialling many famous and elite branded seeds and cuts this was the second paired with the Triangle Kush that we fell in love with. It was an Alien OG passed to us a cutting derived from a large selection of Cali connection stock, she was compact, squat and fat with lush thick leaves, oozing resin contrasted by deep luscious autumnal colours, purple verging on black during late flower with slightly cooler night-time temps. The initial yield was great for an OG and running her successively she produces very hard juicy buds of the highest quality. Our match for her was larger auto with a sativa leaning makeup, this transferred through into the Ripley's OG as she evolved over the subsequent generations, the parental influence opened up her structure and averaging 110cm she is amongst our tallest strains.
Ripley's can produce 4-6 ounces with a greenthumb!

Strain 2

Mephisto genetics toothless alien
Ripleys og X tooth decay

Another one I've had my eye on super sweet mmmm
420-magazine-mobile1499753731.jpg

Here's the genetics and discription

Toofless Alien is a limited edition Feminised F1 hybrid between two of our favourite strains - Ripley's OG x Toof Decay.
The Ripley's OG influence amps up the Toof Decay yield, and we've already seen some monsters emerge from our testers grows.
Heavy lung expanding smoke, she has a combination of terpenes unique to both the parent strains, the dankness of the RIpley's OG now wrapped up in a candy coated shell.
It's hard to pick a favourite amongst our babies, but *hint hint* this lady is high up there.
The harvest window is between 65-75 days from sprout.
420-magazine-mobile369236316.jpg

Nutes : I will be finishing my canna coco nutes on this one

Soil/coco = using canna coco coir this time

This should be a good show. This will begin when I get the pots and coco ! And have some gsc so may do one if room happy growing !!

Hey guys I'm about half way through my first journal ran in to a few problems along the way but have had so much help and support of everybody here at 420 so I'd like to say thanks for the help and knowledge

This time around will be doing some genetics that really appeal to my tastes not only that the genetics are excellent and they are autos ! Had a lot of help over at the auto growers club and thebeast27 auto topping thread my little baby's are booming now

lighting

X2 Mars hydro Mars II 900w fs LEDs
And a Mars 300 I will use at young stages before they go in the tent when others are done
And maybe for more light in the tent undecided yet

Strain #1
What strain is it. Mephisto genetics ripley's og (alien og auto)

Really wanted to try this for ages the alien genetics are really cool they are much taller than my others
420-magazine-mobile40979359.jpg

Here's the genetics and description

On the Mephisto quest to find and create the best auto-flowering og based strains, we have worked tirelessly for success. In a year of trialling many famous and elite branded seeds and cuts this was the second paired with the Triangle Kush that we fell in love with. It was an Alien OG passed to us a cutting derived from a large selection of Cali connection stock, she was compact, squat and fat with lush thick leaves, oozing resin contrasted by deep luscious autumnal colours, purple verging on black during late flower with slightly cooler night-time temps. The initial yield was great for an OG and running her successively she produces very hard juicy buds of the highest quality. Our match for her was larger auto with a sativa leaning makeup, this transferred through into the Ripley's OG as she evolved over the subsequent generations, the parental influence opened up her structure and averaging 110cm she is amongst our tallest strains.
Ripley's can produce 4-6 ounces with a greenthumb!

Strain 2

Mephisto genetics toothless alien
Ripleys og X tooth decay

Another one I've had my eye on super sweet mmmm
420-magazine-mobile1499753731.jpg

Here's the genetics and discription

Toofless Alien is a limited edition Feminised F1 hybrid between two of our favourite strains - Ripley's OG x Toof Decay.
The Ripley's OG influence amps up the Toof Decay yield, and we've already seen some monsters emerge from our testers grows.
Heavy lung expanding smoke, she has a combination of terpenes unique to both the parent strains, the dankness of the RIpley's OG now wrapped up in a candy coated shell.
It's hard to pick a favourite amongst our babies, but *hint hint* this lady is high up there.
The harvest window is between 65-75 days from sprout.

Nutes : I will be finishing my canna coco nutes on this one

Soil/coco = using canna coco coir this time

This should be a good show. This will begin when I get the pots and coco ! And have some gsc so may do one if room happy growing !!
Yo I'm here Bro help where I can

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Remember when you've finished send all the bud down to me mate :)

You're not allowed to use the Mars yet and you know why Mr Velks! ;)

Good stuff mate nice strains. I am doing toothless alien next time among other Mephisto strains. I'm going for 6 different strains :)

What's the difference between canna coco and whatever coco you have now? And what's the advantage over soil buddy?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Remember when you've finished send all the bud down to me mate :)

You're not allowed to use the Mars yet and you know why Mr Velks! ;)

Good stuff mate nice strains. I am doing toothless alien next time among other Mephisto strains. I'm going for 6 different strains :)

What's the difference between canna coco and whatever coco you have now? And what's the advantage over soil buddy?

Haha you know gonna send you a nice sweeeet blueberry parcel ..

I know I know lol and it won't fit anyway well I need yoyo ratchets but still makes life harder in there just rearranged it twice and put it back to how it was

And I don't know the diffrence that's what I'm going to find out canna uses a different buffing method than vitalink so will be seeing if I get less oh problems. And cocos advantage to soil is that you get hydroponic quality bigger yeilds better root airation better drainage I'm not saying soil is bad at all I'm gonna do some soil my slef but that's what attracted me to coco the quality and quantity that it gives you see how well my blue treacles have grown

Nice pressent from the Mrs soon this show will be on the road ! It's being used for two plants off my first journal until the other bits arrive and can start germination it's been a slow process as finances are at a low lucky I have some good friends who have supplied me with coco perlite some pots to have and a propper extractor fan to borrow untill they start there stuff back up witch won't be for a while so should be better off financially by then .. here's the "veg" room
420-magazine-mobile290392330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile870869641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1817442150.jpg
one of the transplanties is in there (one in plastic pot) and a bushy one I swapped with the massive transplantie (bug transplantie is as big if not bigger than the big girls at back thanks for tuning in I also will be doing a lot more video entry's in this diary to better explaine and help people with the problems I have come across along the ways

I will do a detailed auto top vid i got my topping knowledge of the man him self thebeast27 his auto topping thread has so much good info that really helped me and me and my girls say a big thank you

I will also do a vid on auto defoliation showing the basics from veg stage to the more advanced techniques I have learned along the way had really good results from this also

Another vid on mixing nutes and percentages from 1/4 str to 1/2 str to full strength
Also what I have learned about ph from bedroomfarmer and angrybird !

Also a vid on lst and hand training and bending

All my plants have been grown only with Mars hydro LEDs ! From veg to flower.

I will also be entering this in to the Mars cup comp will be sending them photos further along the line for the photo likes hopefully I can count on every body's support. Thanks. Guys happy growing. Velky. .

Also shout out to envirohippy really helped me out and showed me love this is what 420 is about top fella right there ! ..

Have put them in some ro water (from my dehumidifyer ) with a few drops of rhizotonic to help healthy root promotion I will also be soaking
Some coco and perlite in phed water with cal mag and rhizotonic

420-magazine-mobile1518499643.jpg
. ....... alien awareness !

I left them to soak for about 12 hours till they sank to the bottom then got some paper towels and wet them but not to wet and put them in plastic baggys
420-magazine-mobile315515417.jpg

And wraped my container in a dark colour towel before putting it in a dark warm cubbpard
420-magazine-mobile1383254996.jpg
...happy new year

Half of the seeds have sprouted a tiny tap root will leave them in for another 8-12 hours and then this story will start to unfold

So why they are left to sprout more I'm currently warming up my growing medium as its been sitting in the cold baby's tend to be more happy with more warmth at earlier stages and is also beneficial to warm your medium wether it be coco or soil it helps the good bacteria wake up from being dormant in the cold
420-magazine-mobile2110674060.jpg

This time around using canna coco instead of vitalink %100 coir (just wanted to test if any diffrence I'm very happy with the vitalink coir it gets 4 bear claws out of 5 ....) it says they do a different kind of buffing and treatment I want to see what the ph holds out like in this stuff the drainage etc

With these strains they will be nearly double the height of the blue treacle autos and even they was super bushy I may try a scrog with these if they go mad ill be making diy single plant Scrog nets if I do so and will be doing a bit of research in to this my self before hand ....

...update...

So I've mixed my coco and perlite up and soaked it in phed water with some canna start cal mag and rhizotonic
420-magazine-mobile378143994.jpg
moistened all the coco I used canna start on my last journal and they sprouted really well
Coco and perlite mix is 30%perlite 70%coco 4 have slightly more perlite and they all have some perlite at berry bottom for drainage later on in life
420-magazine-mobile2118175037.jpg
this time they are 12l white fabric pots instead of 16 litre was taking up to much room they all just fitted snug in the little Mars tent and they will be under the Mars LEDs 24h a day for a few days before going to 20/4 schedule
420-magazine-mobile785537878.jpg

All toothless alien sprouted 2 ripleys og sprouted but one was a bit mutated lol hopefully it sprouts the other two will be left in the cupboard for another night
420-magazine-mobile1472142493.jpg

So it's finally began if the two ripleys og don't hatch I've got some gsc and few auto freebies to put in play happy growing ...

All the baby's are above ground ..... the other two ripleys og look like duds .. I've put a Girl Scout cookies and a Mephisto sour blues in ro water with rhizo going to paper towel them soon to replace the two ripleys my mate was meant to be having sour blues but said he didn't want so waste not want not

The two ripleys og haven't cracked I'll leave them a few more days. But the Girl Scout cookies and sour blues have cracked and sprouted tap roots so will be putting them in to replace the two ripleys that are suspected duds one toothless alien is worrying me as the seed has come off the sprout but it's like a little ball not separated to little leafs so that may get binned if no improvement in a day or two and I'll put another Girl Scout cookies in maybe or a tangerine

8th Jan (reminder to my self) Girl Scout cookies and Mephisto sour blues hatched nicely and have been put in there pots of coco under the two Mars 300w LEDs the ta and alien og are above the ground just over 1cm little baby's ...

Hey velk im in. I've used canna and botanicare. I don't think there is much difference in the brands of coco out there. The most noticeable will be perlite vs without out and the different consistency of coco ie. Pith vs chips. The water shouldn't really be in long enough to fluctuate. You should have good runoff once a day. Also my favorite part of canna coco is that it has no perlite. Some people like perlit in their coco but I found I needed to water more frequently. If you have space, try a pot with pure canna coco and do a side by side. See What you like more. As for PH. Try 5.8. 5.5-6 is the range for coco but 5.8 seems to be the sweet spot. Good luck

Hey velk im in. I've used canna and botanicare. I don't think there is much difference in the brands of coco out there. The most noticeable will be perlite vs without out and the different consistency of coco ie. Pith vs chips. The water shouldn't really be in long enough to fluctuate. You should have good runoff once a day. Also my favorite part of canna coco is that it has no perlite. Some people like perlit in their coco but I found I needed to water more frequently. If you have space, try a pot with pure canna coco and do a side by side. See What you like more. As for PH. Try 5.8. 5.5-6 is the range for coco but 5.8 seems to be the sweet spot. Good luck

Thanks again bf I think I'll give it a try I'm
Going to flush my other lot as just seen they seem to have an mg deficentcy so will do it around 6.0-6.2 as fearing a lock out so a flush tomorrow then up the ph , and yea I've noticed with the canna coco there's a lot more piff and chips in the canna coco compared to the vitalink on the blue treacles .

Back
Top Bottom