JM26 Presents CKS AutoFem Train Wreck: The First Adventure

JM26

Hello my fellow Green :thumb:

Today is an important milestone in my life (well the 16th was) and I'm so excited to be able to share it with those of you that have stumbled upon this. I've been a smoker for more than half of my life, and I'm finally in a position where I can produce my own bud, so needless to say, I'm intoxicated with anticipation and exhilaration. All of that said, I can hardly call myself a Green Thumb, seeing as I've only smoked bud; never grown it. This is obviously where I'm hoping some of you will come in and share some knowledge with me, specific to my girls. I've read a few journals so far, in preparation, and I feel like Atrain is a blessing from the Gods - dude, your plants are gorgeous! As I mentioned earlier, since I'll be growing AFTW's, I'll be following much of Atrains past auto journals.

So, without further ado, let's get onto my setup, mix, and products.

Train-Wreck1.jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-12-23_at_6_58_21_PM.png

I'll be growing two AFTW's inside of Apollo Horticultures 48x48x80 tent; each in 5gal smart pots, using ProMix BX with mycorrhizea, adding 1tsp of Dolomite per gallon. My light fixture is an LED, made by GalaxyHydro and produces 300w, which I'll be hanging 22in above the tops. The nutrients I'll be using are Advance Nutrients Bloom, Micro, and Grow, as well as Sensizym, Bud Candy, Rhino Skin, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive. I'll also treat the girls with CaMg+, by General Organics, as needed. I plan on getting a tower fan for the room, but I do not have anything in place, right now. My light schedule is set on 18/6, turning on at 6pm, and off at 12pm, which will allow me an hour to get home from work and feed the girls first thing in the "morning", also helping maintain steady temperatures (I hope), by having the lights turn off during whats generally the warmest stretch of the day. So far, my temps seem to be fluctuating between 68 and 75 degrees f, with the humidity bouncing between 65 and 80, give or take.

As far as my feed schedule, I'll be following a guide posted by Atrain, which is as follows...

Day 1 to day 10 = plain water bubbled 24 hrs

Day 10 to day 15 = .5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom
2ml/L - Vodoo Juice / Piranha / B52

Day 15 to day 20 = 1ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom
2ml/L - Vodoo Juice / Piranha / B52 .5ml/L - Cal/Mag

Day 20 to day 30 = 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom 2ml/L - B52 /Rhino Skin / 1ml/L - Cal- Mag / Sensizyme / Bud Candy

Day 30 to day 35 = 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom 1ml/L - Voodoo Juice / Piranha / Rhino Skin / Cal- Mag / Bud Candy

Day 35 to day 40 = 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom 1ml/L - Voodoo Juice / Piranha /Big Bud / Cal-Mag / Bud Candy

Day 40 to day 45 = 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / Big Bud 1ml/L - B52 / Sensizyme / Cal-Mag / Bud Candy

Day 45 to day 60 = 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / Overdrive / Bud Candy 1ml/L - B52 / Cal-Mag

Day 60 = full pot flush with hose 5 min...

Day 63 to finish = plain water

Initially, I filled my pots with my mix on the 16th, and watered it thoroughly with my well's water, which roughly seems to sit around 7.5pH. Although there was never any runoff, I have to believe it was close to the tipping point, bc I put a very fair amount of water through the mix, but it never spit anything back out. I've asked a few heads on the BX mix, and I was warned about the delicacy required while watering, because of it's ability to store so much water. This is my main concern at this point, so any help here is much appreciated. We'll get back to this...

Anyway, on the 17th, I dropped the ladies into a bath for 15 hours, then germinated them until December 20th, then I dropped them in their homes - straight to the 5gal smart pots. On the morning of the 22nd, I was seeing no activity, but by the time I made it home at lunch, Bertha had risen.

December_2016_Train_Wreck_Auto-Fems-2.jpeg

The following morning, on the 23rd, Bertha's sister decided to join us. Say hello to Fiona!

December_2016_Train_Wreck_Auto-Fems-1.jpeg

Now, nearly 12 hours after Fiona (and 24 after Bertha) has risen, her's a picture of the sisters, together, during rest.

December_2016_Train_Wreck_Auto-Fems.jpeg

So as it stands, I'm very confused on how I should water my girls. Since I saturated my mix with water initially, it's still very moist. When I stick my finger in there, it's still coming out dirty, so I know adding more water is only a bad thing. That said, much of Atrains feedings are daily, which I'm assuming can happen once the girls grow and start drinking up the water. Have I made a mistake by planting these beans so quickly after saturating the mix, though? Or for these first 10 days, should I just hit the plant with water once the mix seems quite dry a couple inches down? How often should I expect, or practice watering? Is the goal to aim for a daily watering/feeding, or hit it as needed? Or is there a midpoint, where you water/feed "X" amount so that your ladies need it every day?

Ahhhh, so many questions! None the less, welcome aboard for those of you joining me, and many thanks to those of you willing to help!

Until next time...

Peace, Love, and Happiness!

JM26

Day 5 update.

So far I haven't had to water these babies and the mix is still pretty moist. I'm still waiting on my fan to arrive, but I've got the temperature and humidity under much more control. Temps bounce from 68-74 degrees and my humidity hangs right around 55-60%. Anyone know what's up with the second plant though? One of the leaves has a deformity and I'm wondering if there's anything to be concerned about?

420-magazine-mobile487035215.jpg

420-magazine-mobile512375729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I came home today at lunch and my ladies were laying down on the job!!! As in, laying on their side. This morning when I left, everything looked great, and now I'm freaking out. I probably should've asked what to do before acting upon it, but I just grabbed a couple bamboo sticks and plopped them in the ground about and inch from the stem, then loosely wrapped a bread tie around the stem and the bamboo to hold it up? Am I screwed here, or is this recoverable?

Someone please help!

420-magazine-mobile1742862000.jpg
420-magazine-mobile835757255.jpg

Cool. Thanks.

I ended up pulling the bamboo out and just built a mini tipi. I didn't like the look, the interference, or the bread tie, so hopefully this works out okay.

I've kept my light 22 inches from the top of the plant and now I'm wondering if I'm making the plant grow tall too fast. It definitely isn't helping I don't have any type of breeze to help develop some strength, is there anything else I can do to help that development?

Hey JM! Your setup looks awesome! I wish I had some answers for you to your questions, but I'm looking forward to seeing the answers here! Looks like we're very close in stage to our grow too! I have just about the same leaves on mine and I'm at Day 12 today. Will be fun to see the difference in growth between soil and hydro too!

Happy New Year and here's to an awesome grow!

Bertha
420-magazine-mobile992465416.jpg

Fiona
420-magazine-mobile975541042.jpg

Girls seem to be doing just fine after my scare the other day. I think they're strong enough to stand on their own again, but I'm leaving the toothpicks for now. My fan came in a week earlier than I expected, so they're getting a good draft in there now.

Lights should be clicking on any second to start day 10!

Hey dudes.

Today marks day 11. I haven't had to water once, and the mix is still quite moist, esp. deep in the pot. I was going to give the girls their first nute feeding today, but it doesn't look like they need any water. I really want them to start taking in Grow, Micro, and Bloom, plus VooDoo Juice, Piranha, and B52, tho.

Should I hold off a couple more days and wait for the mix to get dry before feeding, or should I hit them with a foliage spray?

Appreciate you dudes!

Most folks wait 2-3 weeks before using any nutes I think but not sure if that just soil grows or if that includes the sorta soil and sorta not mixes like one you using, but I"m still learning so not 100% on that. The little ones less tolerant when you try and kill them though ;) so I would find out before you burn them up with nutes, and always best to start with lighter doses than what the bottles call for as it is easier to add more than it is to try and take too much away.

Can't wait to see your new light! I expect mine to come this week too!

Yea man, I'm stoked. A little pissed I didn't just make the initially investment bc I just bought this 300w led like a month ago, but it's a new year with a new outlook - now I can have two rooms, each serving their own purpose!

The more the merrier, I think?

Here's some updated pics of my girls on day 11

Bertha
420-magazine-mobile1950677469.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1863231624.jpg

Fiona
420-magazine-mobile1584988795.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2009384071.jpg

Let your pots dry out and the roots will stretch out looking for water. Nice setup! My 2x4 tent gets a little cramped at times. I have the galaxy hydro 300 too I've been pretty impressed with it for the price

Hey brother. Subbed in here..need any help just ask..did u get ur light yet..im well experianced using the mars lights so ill help you with my tips for growing with it if you want..my chinese friend had a price of 380 for a 1200..so i bought it what the heck..cant have too much light..peace brother..

Hey brother. Subbed in here..need any help just ask..did u get ur light yet..im well experianced using the mars lights so ill help you with my tips for growing with it if you want..my chinese friend had a price of 380 for a 1200..so i bought it what the heck..cant have too much light..peace brother..

Should be here Thursday! Thanks for tagging along, I'll definitely try to take advantage of your skills!

I went ahead and gave the ladies a feeding.

They each got .5 liters of water with .5ml/L of the grow, bloom, and micro and 2ml/L of voodoo, piranha, and b52.

This Is really the first action I've had to take since the beginning, so hopefully every goes as planned!

Hey brother..no bloom yet..thats gonna be about 6 weeks into the grow..adding bloom now will stunt there vertical.growth..thell be small..so no bloom again till there stretch is over ..autos are like this..

Back
Top Bottom