1st Grow, 2 Noobs, Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite, LEDs & CFLs

Jorgie Nuggz

High gang, just a little 411 on 420. We started on 12/23/2016 with 4 mystery beans. Well overnight to Yesterday morning 2 beans popped their heads out and stretched about an inch. This morning the other 2 had popped out waiting for them to straighten out. I put them to pop in individual 4 inch pots with Just Natural Organic Garden Soil .04 - .06 - .04 (N-P-K) and Vermiculite, put them in the cupboard in the dark on the evening of the 23rd. I will attempt to put up some pics later this evening. I have no clue as to whether it's Indica or Sativa nor gene pool, it came from a Bud given to my nephew by a friend. We really would appreciate any help that can be given at any point during this grow. We will be growing with Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, and Cal-Mag. I still have them in the cupboard, I have been looking for how long before putting them under the lights. However, I have gotten 3 different answers from 3 different places so i'm going to take a ride through "420" to see what I find. Well thanks for listening hope to see some of you guys here.

re: 1st Grow - 2 Noobs - Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite - LEDs & CFLs

Hi JORGIE

Get them under light or they will stretch like mad CFL 2" away is ok.
I don't put them in dark at all, as soon as they get in dirt it is dark enough.
As soon as they pop they need light.

Hi JORGIE

They need light as soon as they pop out of soil CFL 2" away is ok.
I place the seeds in soil and get them under light right away inside soil it is dark enough.

No light or not enough / to far away and they stretch like mad.

Could not see my first post so I tried again.

I don't like mystery beans but you never know.
Tell some more about your setup - Watt, space exhaust fan ect.
And some pics always help to help.

well, I'm back. Hi,DG. to answer your question I currently have the babies in a closet that measures 34 inches wide, 22 inches deep, and 7.5 feet tall painted with 3 coats of elastomeric roof coating according to 420 it's better than flat paint. I have them under 8 CFL's 23 watts each 5000k natural daylight for a total of 184 true watts. No exhaust fan yet but will be 1st of next month. I have an oscillating fan blowing on them. Temps range from 64 at night to 77 during day. PH level at steady 7 that's water and soil. soil is a mixture of 1 to 1 organic garden soil and vermiculite. We live in a state where we have 4 seasons so I have a heater to run in that room since it doesn't have any heat in it. Here are the pics of the 4 babies.
042158.jpg

043139.jpg

044132.jpg

046130.jpg

047127.jpg

watered them yesterday and today they look like this, can someone tell me whats wrong?
they are growing in basic garden soil mixed with vermiculite, no added nutes
as you can see the leaves are curled down and they are yellowish.
Natural Organic Garden Soil .04 - .06 - .04 (N-P-K) and Vermiculite
20170108_202753.jpg

20170108_202758.jpg

They look over watered. You should be watering about once a week if that right now. The soil needs to completely dry out before watering again. This plant loves a good wet and dry Cycle.

And it will "train" your plant to drink on a cycle. That cycle will slowly move up from once a week to twice a week then every three days. By the time you're in the second week of flower you'll be watering with a Phosphorus/Potassium ramp up schedule every day.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom