Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Happy New Year to all! :cheer::circle-of-love::welcome::420:

We are going to start the year off right here - in newly legal Mass!! I've been medical for some time, but now more people will be able to reunite with this lost miracle, cannabis. In this new and exciting time, I hope that we will come together as humans, sharing ideas, techniques & genetics, and that that will benefit us all, both man and plant, medicinally and recreationally.

With legalization, Terpene and Cannabinoid profiles should be safer to submit, and should come down in price. I will then be able to benchmark my produce, and eventually, use that data to align new creations with my personal needs...whether for my own consumption, or for another. :Namaste:

Strains will be eclectic, and I will do my best to encourage the most vibrant expressions of each. There will be some small breeders represented, and some surprises as well.

I thank you for sharing this space with me here, and welcome you to look over my shoulder, as I tend the ladies. This chapter will be a further evolution of the same story. It's a love story we all can share, the love of Cannabis.

We have a new 4x4 operating as a Veg Tent, and the 55"x55" tent working as perpetual. When the flower tent fills, the Veg tent will be flipped as well. I'll take some photos of the current girls, they are late Veg, and about to flip.

Let's make some fire.

re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

OK, I might as well just jump right in with this Strawberry Sour Diesel, from about 2 weeks ago. She's about 1.5m or 4.5 ft tall, in a 7gal/25L fabric pot. I don't have a saucer large enough, so she's sitting on a tote top lol.

She's very tasty (dried fruit and sweet green pine), and potent, but what's really interesting is how she came to be. I wasn't planning on growing her out, but I needed the meds from this girl. So, after I used her for a mother for a friend, I was left with an odd shaped mess. I let her grow, and just did some pruning, without any other training or bending etc. I was also trying to slow her down so that I could time her together with a new batch of plants yet unplanted. So, it was an odd space to be in, and the time line was long... so in a nut shell - I planned on abusing her and keeping her deficient as part of my plan to keep her short and with enough nutrients still in her pot.

Did I say interesting lol. OK, maybe it isn't really interesting. Although.... A timer fail induced flowering while at about 3ft+, and then the subsequent reversion created this monster cropped carpet of buds. I'll get some closer shots to show what I mean later...but you can get the jist. This was right before tying her up...so two weeks ago. She looks smaller now that I've put a skirt on her, but the new girls gotta to somewhere. You guys are just in time. I'll post the new stuff shortly.

IMAG8314.jpg

re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

First seat :)
Happy newyear brother.

Thanks Dusty, you as well. :high-five: I've got some testers to throw this coming round, so you'll be the first tester down. I've got Allsmiles crosses to try out as well. I may be testing out a few beans for others, but might start a new thread for them. This thread is my personal grow...what I consume. : )

And - I'll be getting a camera. No more washed out pics, and fuzzy cellphone pics. We are about to get professional in here. :) Give me a couple weeks, just have to find something second hand.

Here's some of the current ladies.

Killer Purps. About to be flowered. She reeks of freshly stepped in dog crap. We keep looking for dirty shoes, it's crazy strong!
KP3.jpg
KP.jpg
KP2.jpg

sssdh.jpg

Tahoe, running her again for meds

tahoe21.jpg

My SSSDH. She's day 2 of 12/12, and has yet to begin to show any transitional signs.
She hates the low RH, and I'm going to bounce her back and forth between Veg and Flower tent, as RH is higher in the former. She's in front in the group shot.

IMAG8321.jpg
sssddh1.jpg
group195.jpg

SSD, 30 days flower: She's starting to stink, and should swell nicely. Slightly deficient, but still looking good.

ssd7.jpg
ssd42.jpg
ssd32.jpg
ssd21.jpg

Bubba's Gift This one was gifted to me by a fellow aficionado. :Namaste: She's starting to wake up, I've seen this before and know here tricks, let's hope this one stays female lol.
BG32.jpg

Candyland, looks like a Cookies pheno, and I'm OK with that. Don't mind the raggley archive plants in the solo cups....they are going to be rejuvinated, and then re-cloned. The pheno doesn't look to have the stretch that I was expecting, so I'm going to Veg her for longer and let her get big. Yes, that IS a yellow leaf lol.

cl222.jpg
cl40.jpg
cl310.jpg

I'm using a new mix, chasing terps and trichs, and the highest quality finished product.

Peace and love weedsters. :Namaste::high-five::thanks::420:

re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH - Killer Purps - Dolato - Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Great to see a new journal, CS!

And wow, what gorgeous plants! :bravo:

re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH - Killer Purps - Dolato - Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

You guys are the shizz....it's great to be growing again.

Garden looks lovely brother.
Grow them terps. May the dank be with you.

Danks Dusty! I am one with the force. :Namaste:

Very nice run you've got going man, kudos!!

:welcome: Thanks Dr.G! I'm hoping it stays that way, we got some finicky girls in here, and I'm in a new mix, so we could crash and burn most certainly. :volcano-smiley: ...but I think weed be alright. :)

Looking good mate :thumb: quite keen to see that SSSDH in action again, got a few of them on the way im waiting on :)

Thanks wild one, it's not too shabby. I was off to a weird start... a new amendment was added, and I didn't just run one plant, I run it with them all, and so the solo and 1gal pots they all went through, was a little too hot with organics. I'm just passed the N toxicity stage, and have leached most of the excess out of the leafs. What I've learned so far. So far she's a light feeder, but wants a little P&K, and will need extra Mg/Ca too. I put her on flower nutes long before flipping her. The seeds I got were very old, perhaps original stock, and I had to nurse her a bit to get her out of the shell and able to taproot. I'm probably rambling, but there's much to say about her, and I'm hoping we all see a fine specimen. She's looking real powerful, she's in transition and about to jump strong into flower. Can't wait.
Great to see you back. Excellent pics & update. Gonna squeeze into 1st row w/ DK, DocG & Feral. :popcorn: :Namaste:

Welcome my friend, and thank you for all of your kind blessings. :Namaste: Very happy to see you here in any row. I'm still loving the ECSDH, it's real nice, I reach for it during the day a lot. I may find though, that while I really like it - the SSSDH will be the better balanced, more synergistic strain. On paper, it certainly has the ability to be. Where it's all pulling mainly in the same direction (UP), but there's enough of the clone going on to keep it interesting. Dunno, we will see. I'm noticing the SSSDH stems I have going are super thick but flimsy, which I am very fond of... just have to get her happy - she's a twitchy one!

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love: Mother of Ganja! Love ya D! :)

Great to see a new journal, CS!

And wow, what gorgeous plants! :bravo:

GT - Glad to be back, and to have something to share. I'm excited about the new strains, and having you guys all here. Welcome, it wouldn't be a grow without you. :Namaste:

Beautiful plants. I'll just sit over here and soak up some of this goodness. :bongrip:

Thanks Magic! Great to have you here, and I'm down with that :passitleft:hold it in....lol

--------------------------------

I haven't been documenting anything, dates, nutes, etc, but I'll pull it together. I'm using some new things. You may see some spots on the leafs, I'm back doing foliar in veg and up to mid flower. Trying to drive more Ca and Mg into the plant, which I think is key in maintaining physical and metabolic health. So far so good. If anyone wants to know, just PM.

Last round of plant were absolute fire. CSG gear produced 2/2 keepers, although I'm certain there's better in a pack of 10. CC was no slouch either, with a great representation of Buddha Tahoe.

Hoping to get lucky again, so far so good :thumb:

Staker's 2017 - SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Staker,
Have you ever run 707 Headband?
(The clone, not some miserable Green Rush hackjob)
It's (Sour Diesel x Sour Diesel/OG Kush)
I'm thinking it's right up your alley.

(Grrr... I need to sort out how to eliminate the %#*!! sig line "sent from my____ via mobile app"without editing, it's annoying af!)

Re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Staker,
Have you ever run 707 Headband?
(The clone, not some miserable Green Rush hackjob)
It's (Sour Diesel x Sour Diesel/OG Kush)
I'm thinking it's right up your alley.

(Grrr... I need to sort out how to eliminate the %#*!! sig line "sent from my____ via mobile app"without editing, it's annoying af!)

Sure seems difficult keeping up with all this "it's going to make your life easier" tech lol.

I love me some daywreck, but I have not run the clone. I've run all of my stuff from seed, or clones of seed plants. I wish I had the HB clone, she'd be a prized cut, that would be amazing. Thanks for reminding me of her, you're right, she's a special one. :Namaste:

edit: I should add for everyone, I'm on the east coast, so we don't see the west coast cuts as often as we'd like

Us Right Coast guys gotta hang together buddy, subbin up for the next ride. Loving your strain pics... I've been running chemdawg and a lot of her iterations... Looks like you are on a similar trail.

That big mother plant should treat you right. She's well on her way and looking mighty fine. Running mothers to completion is I think the top most compliment. They deserve their day in the full sun and give you the glory.

I'm gonna hang back in the corner in my bean bag and puff puff pass... good luck with this next round and wishing you a bountiful harvest in the new years!

Cheers KIG.

Us Right Coast guys gotta hang together buddy, subbin up for the next ride. Loving your strain pics... I've been running chemdawg and a lot of her iterations... Looks like you are on a similar trail.

That big mother plant should treat you right. She's well on her way and looking mighty fine. Running mothers to completion is I think the top most compliment. They deserve their day in the full sun and give you the glory.

I'm gonna hang back in the corner in my bean bag and puff puff pass... good luck with this next round and wishing you a bountiful harvest in the new years!

Cheers KIG.

Thanks bro, stoked you're here, make yourself comfortable. :passitleft:She's a big girl, and I hope she's gonna put out. I'm blasting her from the side with Vero based COBs. The 600w Ushio is 16" away, and my leaf temp reading from the Infrared Thermo, reads 75F. I'm getting much more strawberry in the terps this time, dunno why, my last one was a bit healthier going in.

We got some special treats in 420 jars floating around, make sure you got some of each. :)

shelf1.jpg

Just packed the fourth girl into the flower tent tonight. Time to turn up all the lights, and grow some dank :surf:

Will update soon, took some pics tonight.

It's with great happiness, that I put Dolato in purified water tonight.

There's another if that one fails. Someone that appreciates the nuances and qualities of similar strains as I, gifted them to me. Like a renewal of faith, or the promise of tomorrow - new life in the waiting, seeds. May all your harvest be happy and heavy my friend, you are a source of inspiration. Such a kind thing. :Namaste: She is soaking. :)

UPDATE:

I'm reeeel high right now so I don't have the exact dates, but will try to come back and plug them in.

SSSDH: Week 1 flower, hard stretch. I'm in a new mix, so I'm hard time figuring her out, not sure if there's any relation, as the others look fine. She's a bit picky with everything so she might just be a bit of a diva. Seeds were real, real old. very promising plant though, Ill figure out how to get her through.

IMAG8390.jpg
IMAG8389.jpg
IMAG8391.jpg
IMAG8392.jpg

Back
Top Bottom