Mitt's Mainlining Manual

Mittin

Howdy friends!

First off, this won't necessarily be a manual, but I wanted another "M" word in the title...
But....this WILL be a journal of me, a one year grow vet, attempting to grow four plants using the Main-Line or Manifold technique.

If you aren't familiar with this technique, here is a link to what it's all about.
Grow_weed_easyDOTCOM/manifold. Sorry but it wouldn't let me add a link.

My reasons for doing this are:
1. It creates a nice even canopy
2. There is minimal if any trimming maintenance after the final Main-Line has been created.

Of course it is said that this technique will bring a better harvest, and maybe it will. That would be a bonus. I just like the clean, even growth it promotes. I have tried this once before with one plant, on my very first grow. It worked well but I'm not sure it produced any more bud than the same plant that I simply topped and LST'd.

This technique does require more Veg time, but now that my cupboard is sufficiently stocked, I am not concerned about getting the plants to harvest as quick as possible. In fact, this grow may take upwards of 4-5 months.

Grow setup:
32" x 32" x 64" Tent
HPS lighting from start to finish. 600w total.
Nutes are ph Perfect Sensi-Grow and Sensi-Bloom
Grow medium are regular planters, about 1.5 gallons or so....not really sure.
I use pretty much any type of packaged soil, as long as it is nutrient free.

Four different strains
Akorn
Purple Train Wreck
Coma Kush
SAGE

Three of the four are up and running, about 4 days old and the fourth (SAGE), was just put in dirt yesterday. I had a different strain that never popped so that's why the SAGE is a little behind.
Currently they are under 4 small cfl bulbs as the tent is housing a few plants on their last couple weeks.

From left to right: AK, PTW, CK, SGE.
Akorn_PTW_CK_SGE.jpg

This is my SAGE that is currently flowering...a couple more weeks to go. I love the thick dence buds this plant is growing. First time growing this strain.
SAGE35.jpg

This is a Northern Lights...I think..haha...either that or a White Widow. Opps...I effed up with the labeling. :thedoubletake:
Anyway, this plant has already had it's main cola's harvested...about a week ago (approx. 22g). It had a lot of smaller under growth which I left intact and they seem to be filling out nicely.
Northern_Lights29.jpg

And just for fun, here are a few of my Autos from last summer. I never did any topping to these and they grew way way too tall! Opps...it was my second grow and I had no idea how flipping tall these buggers can get.
Autos6.jpg

That's it for now. :peace:

Hey Mittin,
Looks like they're off to a great start! Can't wait to see how they grow for you. I like what you did with the NL, taking the tops and letting the lower bud sites fill in. I've seen this done on an outdoor grow with nice results, and have been thinking of trying it myself. Let us know what you get from the bottom half, and if they dense-up nicely :)

-------------------------------------------
Talk less... Smile More :)
:Namaste:

Never done that before either, but seeing there was a lot of lower buds and that I am still waiting for a couple other plants to finish, I thought I would let er go and see what happens.
I should've taken a picture after I cut the main colas, but I do think they've grown and filled out quite a bit since then. It's been about a week.
I'll definitely post what I get off the remaining plant. Probably in a week or so.

Hey Mittin,
Looks like they're off to a great start! Can't wait to see how they grow for you. I like what you did with the NL, taking the tops and letting the lower bud sites fill in. I've seen this done on an outdoor grow with nice results, and have been thinking of trying it myself. Let us know what you get from the bottom half, and if they dense-up nicely :)

-------------------------------------------
Talk less... Smile More :)
:Namaste:

Hey KGB,

I took off the remaining buds. They had quite a bit of new growth which seemed really green...and not ready to harvest. But the tops of the buds were ready to go, so I'm not really sure how great these buds will be. A lot of the buds just went into the hash pile. Probably won't go this route again...and rather harvest it all the first time. Anyhoo....here's a little pic of what I got from the remainder of the plant.

20170108_203954.jpg

Not much happening here....little chicks are growing. I'll try to post a photo or two later tonight. Been busy this morning cutting down my Purple Train Wreck. I think she produced ok...at least for my standards. Could have been more, but she got too tall and burnt the top of the main cola :oops:. She did produce very nice buds though. :cheer:

Still waiting on the SAGE to finish in the tent, then I can move my 4 chicks inside. Anyhoo....a few shots of the harvest.
P.S. I'll post the weight when dried. As well for the SAGE that's nearing completion. Then we can compare the results from these, which had very basic LST to the Main-Lined ladies.
PTW12.jpg
PTW42.jpg
PTW52.jpg

Back
Top Bottom