First Grow For Me, So First Journal Also

New B

Just started seeds in water yesterday. Will post pics when there is something to take a pic of. Just getting this started and I'm excited to go on this journey.

Be warned- growing is addictive and fun. :)
Glad to see more 'n more people growing themselves.
Where are you going to keep them, and what kind of light are you going to use? I've a 2ft x 2ft x 6ft high tent, using LEDs.
Hope the sprout soon, good luck!

I have a cupboard for seedlings closet for veg and a 4x4x6 tent for flower. T5 for seedlings 400w led for veg and 1000w full spectrum led for flower. 2 early Vixen 1 Dutch treat and 1 CB Dream.

Sent from my SM-G903W using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've just recently started my own first journal. It's a blast. There is a very good sticky about starting and organizing a journal for maximum exposure, I'd suggest you read it if you haven't already. Keep your journal organized and accurate and I believe you'll get plenty of interest in it over time. Oh, and one more thing. Looking at your location, don't go outside today, I've been there already and it's way to cold. Good luck with your grow, I'm interested to see the progress.

Sounds like you are nicely set up then. Good idea about a journal. As well as the added exposure and experience of the community, you have a reference point for yourself. I hope to start one when I manage to get some new beans, the weather here is pretty inclement, not a patch on Canadian winter temps though. My son is hoping to emigrate there.

So too update a little. My first two seeds have done nothing so far. That said I did 4 more with the feeling the first two were no going to work.
I did 2 more Early Vixen 1 CB DREAM for my uncle and 1 Dutch Treat for my dad. Pics to follow as they have said hello!!

420-magazine-mobile1944040850.jpg

Hi New B! Don't panic. This happens all the time to seedlings. It looks like a little nute burn that happens in soil with added nutes, even starter soils. If could also be physical damage on the worst leaf. The 2nd set of leaves look really good, so I'm sure plant will out grow this.

It would help to know what soil and nutrients you are using and your watering schedule. There's a sticky on the grow journal mainpage on starting grow journal and what info to include so others can help better.

Welcome to 420.

No nutes yet. Soil is all that I could find in winter,go figure, but it is called Pro Mix,premium potting soil. From Walmart :(
Has some self release nutrients .
Looking to get better soil once the garden centers open around here.

ProMix is good soil. some of the best. Don't replace it unless it's for one of the other ProMix soils.

Watering every 3 days may actually still be over watering. Cannabis likes to dry out completely between waterings. Well, almost completely. if there is any moisture half-way down it's too soon to water. 90% dry is safe. Some wait until they see first signs of drooping. I don't do that any more because accidents happen. But really try to let soil dry out a little more than you're comfortable with. Watering cannabis properly is one of hardest things for new growers to learn. Took me a long time to realize that I really was hurting my plants.

You've got a really good set up to grow some really nice plants. Look forward to seeing that.

Like Dobbi said. Growing is addictive. I have a 1/2 pound stashed that would probable last me five years and I started a new grow.
I'm sorry you had to take up growing for the reason you did , I certainly hope it works for your dad. What stage was he diagnosed at?
What I have found with growing is less can sometimes be more. The plants don't need our constant supervision and messing with them every day. There actually a pretty tough plant and hard to screw up. I would not change your soil wait until your ready to transplant to a larger pot.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oh really! Ok thanks KingstonRabbi. Good to know I did good on the soil. I will wait more for watering.

Moe ugly thanks :| stage 4 high stage 3. :(
He was improving lots with chemo. Then they put him on second set of poisons and things are not getting worse but not better either.
I've also come to realize that I don't need to play with the plants everyday.

Back
Top Bottom