Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

fanleaf

So for this round we will try to germinate and grow to breed some seeds from some 42 year old seeds. They are the original Acapulco Gold strain seeds. This will be quite fun. If all goes well and we get a few to "go" the plan is to breed both regular seeds as well as some fem seeds.
I have about 30 seeds to try and we will be trying just a few at a time.

I will have all of the grow details/equip up and listed soon.
Today being (1-5-17) we will start the germ attempt here in this journal within the next day or 2.
:thanks: for stopping in. This journal will be active asap.

re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

I've been looking forward to this one :thumb:

I'm front and center and wishing you the best of luck :drool:

I'm in for this one. Good luck.

Gotta ask though, how did you come by 42 year old seeds? :nomo:

Wow this will take me back to the late 70's the best years of my life!

Keep em frosty ya'll

Hey Fanleaf, I have seen your name all over 420 magazine. I'm looking forward to learning more. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute back as I have gotten, lol.

Hey guys, I brought some purple crack. Help yourself!
No doubt you will be able to. Just takes time and running some cycles. Glad to have you here!

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So heres a rundown of theese seeds guys. This was a question and answer in another thread about them.
[quote name=&quot;elchischas&quot; post=3057108]Hi fanleaf<br />
Sounds pretty awesome that you have the opportunity to back to life that awesome strain<br />
Can you tell us how you get this old tube full of seeds? Sounds like a awesome story to know... and if you get sucess with the germ ratio are you thinking make pure seeds or just fem?<br />
Vibes[/QUOTE]<br />
You betcha.<br />
So, I had an immediate family member that was involved pretty heavy into that strain and I won't go into too much detail on that. This person cleaned, sorted and that kind of work. He did that for several years way back in the day. As of a few years ago this person is no longer with us.<br />
<br />
So as things were just recently gone through the seeds were found in a box that has been stored for many many years. In the box was an old empty shotgun shell hull and the tube was in it. With the misc papers and contents of the box taken into account as well as how long roughly it has been since any of these boxes were touched we came up with 1973. 1973 is smack in the middle of his &quot;work&quot; with that strain. I am 100% sure this is AG from 73. <br />
<br />
I will be doing a journal for sure. Also, who knows what will germinate and I will be doing these 1-2 seeds at a time. So if a male comes up I will be collecting pollen. If a female comes up first then I will be making feminized seeds. If I get another female I will pollinate her with the male pollen collected.<br />
<br />
My first priority will be to get that first female. From there we will be golden.

Thank all of you for checking in already!

If you get them to grow is there any way you would send some seeds out to other growers to grow?

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you get them to grow is there any way you would send some seeds out to other growers to grow?

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I thought the same thing!

Wasnt stoned enough to actually ask lol

But yea i second this!

Back
Top Bottom