Rider509 First Grow - Indoor Soil - White Widow Journal - 2017

Rider509

First time grower and I don't even partake! I stopped smoking over 30 years ago but I keep several strains on hand for my friends that do, just as I keep my bar well stocked. I love researching strains, the smell of marijuana, and seeing the differences in buds of different strains, but mostly I'm looking forward to the challenge and experience of doing the best grow I can. I tend towards short term obsessions so this may be my only grow or it could become a life-long hobby. Only time will tell.

My germination station is the cup warming top of a Nuova Simonelli commercial single group espresso machine, which was my last and ongoing obsession. It maintains an even 80F and the White Widow seeds I soaked in water for 24 hours popped radicles in that time period. I then transplanted into sphagnum germination pucks until roots were evident on the puck surface, about four days, after which I moved the pucks into Fox's Ocean Forest soil in 16oz red Solo cups with drain holes melted in the bottoms.

For light I'm using a 65watt triple tube CFL at 6500 kelvin about two inches above the plants in an insulated mylar chimney of my own design.

I'm about two weeks into the grow and I just LSTed the plants in prep for scrogging. Two of the plants, Billy and Beth, got off to a good start but the third, Booby, had a hard time shedding the seed shell and lost a cotyledon in the process. Booby seems to be pulling through but is a bit behind in growth. I'm pulling for the underdog.

I'll post up some pics when I figure out how to do it according to forum rules.

The rest of my grow equipment:
Gorilla 4'x4' grow tent (built to keep sharks out and keep bears in)
Apollo Horticulture GLK600LS24 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS/MH System, Air Cool Hood Set
Apollo Horticulture 6” Inch 440 CFM Inline Duct Fan with Built-in Variable Speed Controller
Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
3 gallon Smart Pots (should have ordered 5 gal)
Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
one very understanding wife

IMG_95757.JPG

This is my dual purpose germination station. 24 hours in a black shot glass covered by an espresso filter and they all popped radicles.

FullSizeRender_2_49.jpg

Starting some very gentle LST. Figured that I might as well get things going in the right direction. I could be screwing this up horribly but learning involves making mistakes and moving on from them.

Hey ghostdog24, the seeds were germinated in water on the morning of Dec 26. They went into seed pucks on the 28th. The first to break ground was Booby on the evening of the 29th. The next photo is day 9.

Never having grown before I had no idea what to expect. These things are crazy! You can almost watch them grow. This is pretty exciting.
I should mention that they are getting light 24/7 from a 300w equivilent CFL at 6500K. With the chimney i built the temps, as measured with an infrared thermometer, are right at 72 degrees on the leaves and soil. I'm keeping the light about 3 inches off the leaves.

yeah man this is my first grow ever . its very exiting to give life to new plant specially some lovely medicine. i have trouble with my light . i don't know what distance to put my light , i have a 400W cfl light its about 1 foot and a half from the leaves . also what is the humidity in your grow room ?
IMG_94491.JPG

yeah man this is my first grow ever . its very exiting to give life to new plant specially some lovely medicine. i have trouble with my light . i don't know what distance to put my light , i have a 400W cfl light its about 1 foot and a half from the leaves . also what is the humidity in your grow room ?
IMG_94491.JPG
20 inches is fine but I good way to tell is by sticking your hand at the top of your ladies and if the light is too warm for your hand being under it for a minute it's too warm for the plants. I haven't messed with humidity in my grow yet due to financial block

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom