Archer12 Black Widow LED RDWC Grow To Perpetual - 2017

ARCHER12

Hi everyone!

I am a first time grower taking the plunge, so I will fill you guys in on my plan so far!

**My overall goal is to start a perpetual 4x4 SOG table**

That being said, I am starting from seed so I can't get the SOG table started just yet, and thats where the 6 site RDWC comes into play. My goal is to grow 6 plants from seed to identify 1 or 2 phenotypes to clone to start the perpetual SOG.

- Mr. Nice Black Widow Strain
- Indica dominant Hybrid
- Fluence SpydrX Plus LED
- A.N. Sense A+B Grow & Bloom PH Perfect Nutes (possible additives to be added based on suggestions)
- CO2 supplied

6 site RDWC
- 5 Gal Square Buckets
- 6" net pots w/ Hydroton
- 2x2 Rockwool Starters

I am in the midst of finishing putting the grow room and system together. I thought I would start the journal a little early so that I can solicit some advice during the final stages.

**Status**
I started 6 Mr. Nice Black Widow seeds in 2x2 Rockwool cubes today. They are currently in a dark place w/ a DIY humidity dome sitting on a heat blanket to keep the temp above 70

Here are the seedlings in 2x2 Rockwool cubes in my cake pan humidity dome. I am hyper-paranoid about using these things because I have no experience, and I don't know what is too much water etc...
IMG_009561.JPG

Cake pan humidity dome on a heat blanket.
IMG_009170.JPG

Fluence SpydrX Plus 660 Actual LED watts (I'm told its comparable to a 1000w HPS) I chose the SpydrX because of the combination of lower power consumption LEDs and after doing a TON of research before buying this light I found the Fluence light spectrum most closely resembling that of an HPS (which despite not technically being the "ideal" light spectrum for cannabis - all evidence seems to point to them being the most successful historically) while also adding in the other parts of the light spectrum that make full spectrum LEDs so great!
IMG_009057.JPG

Seedlings have been in dome on heat blanket for 24 hrs. How soon should I add ph water, I've read anywhere from 24 hours - 3 days? How should I add it to the rock wool? Spray bottle? Pour water in tray? How soon can I expect a sprout - I have a couple fluorescents to put on when ready.. I've been told to wait until after they sprout. Feel free to comment if you have any suggestions, thanks!

Seedlings have been in dome on heat blanket for 24 hrs. How soon should I add ph water, I've read anywhere from 24 hours - 3 days? How should I add it to the rock wool? Spray bottle? Pour water in tray? How soon can I expect a sprout - I have a couple fluorescents to put on when ready.. I've been told to wait until after they sprout. Feel free to comment if you have any suggestions, thanks!

Did you soak the seeds first or directly in the cube? Did you pre- soak the cubes? Mixture of solution? And about adding water any method is good as long as its not directly on the seedling and any excess fluid should be removed, think damp not soaked.:goodluck:

Did you soak the seeds first or directly in the cube? Did you pre- soak the cubes? Mixture of solution? And about adding water any method is good as long as its not directly on the seedling and any excess fluid should be removed, think damp not soaked.:goodluck:

Cubes were pre soaked in 5.5 RO water for an hour, drained water, tipped cube to drain excess, rinsed in more 5.5 RO water. Inserted dry seeds, tip down, a quarter/half inch and pinched surrounding rock wool closed. The lid of the makeshift dome has quite a bit of water droplets on it from water inside and heat blanked underneath.

Love the light ARCHER. Can't wait to see it in action.

As SHRuuM stated, we will need to know more about how went about germinating the seeds.

Cheers.

Thanks mate, I searched for what seemed like ages for what I thought would be the perfect light for my needs - I can't wait to see how she does!

"Inserted dry seeds, tip down, a quarter/half inch and pinched surrounding rock wool closed."

That might work but maybe you should have tried "popping" the seeds first. Anyways I'll keep watching and hoping for the best since I too would like to see the progress under that light.:cheer:

I decided to go rdwc so I was told that was the way to go in rock wool to avoid shock and root damage on transplant. How soon do you think I might see growth?

I'm new to the game, so I imagine a little anxiety is normal, but I appreciate any and all help/feedback! Thanks

**2.5 days in humidity dome and there is white growth from 2 of 6 cubes - didn't take any pics because I didn't think they were supposed to get light at this stage - let me know if I'm wrong

Anybody able to confirm for me when I can put lights on and start exposing to air?

A seed takes anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days to pop. As for air, they should get air or they'll suffocate before growing and popping out. Yeah the dark is ok at this stage, I don't think a flash would hurt. If I might suggest something.....when I do cubes, I cut out black plastic, with a hole in the middle and cover the cube and leave it there till harvest. This will slow or stop algae growth. Good luck bro, keep us up to date.:cheer:

IMG_009680.JPG
IMG_009770.JPG

Here are the sprouts so far, the one that was in and out has corrected and is now right side up.

Only problem is they are getting closer to the top of the dome. My initial thought is to separate these two into a taller vented dome with my 40w fluorescent while the other 4 stay in the dark.

Am I jumping the gun on the light? Either way should I give the sprout some room to go?

As always, thanks for any advice!

Back
Top Bottom